Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Internal antenna circuit bleedover?  (Read 2107 times)
KC1BYB

Ignore
« on: August 08, 2014, 08:14:58 PM »

Hi All,

I love this forum and really respect and appreciate the advice it provides.  Now on to my question/problem/concern.

I have a icom 7000 and i noticed, via the modulation phone test function on my Dosy test station TC 4002PSW, that when transmitting on 2 meters the HF power meter will deflect quite a bit, say 20 or 30 watts and vice versa (into dummy or ant).  Since HF is the only antenna jack i have hooked to the Dosy it appears as there is significant bleed over from the UHF/VHF to the HF antenna outputs and vice versa.  I would assume that the HF TX output would be disabled when transmitting on VHF/UHF.  I also notice sever modulation distortion (sounds like a much bassier Darth Vader) on all HF bands (can't check VHF/UHF because the meter is only usable up to 30 or so MHZ).  I assume I have blown finals (partially shorted) but I would assume they blow open and I would have 0 output when in fact I am right on the money (little high, its a Dosy thing).  Any thoughts on the matter?  I don't want to change the finals unless I am sure they are NG.  If you need any more info just let me know.  Maybe a can get it.
SHORTWIRE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 05:21:55 PM »

That is quite common for "Shack in a Box" allband radios.

The FT-897 does the same thing..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: