Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TV Pixelate when Transmitting  (Read 5970 times)
MOBILER

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2014, 01:04:02 PM »

I am causing our FIBE TV's and wireless TV to pixelate Huh (Have a DSL wireless modem) when iam  transmitting. 
Have full wave inverted dipole 37' high.Good grounds at the base and in to the shack..100 watts Kenwood 480SAT..Help?
K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 06:12:04 AM »

What bands, modes, power levels?  Start with that, then as you make changes you can re-test and see if the susceptibility improves.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 10:51:22 AM »

gut some computer power supplies for the ferrite toroids, and start winding the ethernet cables around them.  same for the power supply to the DSL modem.

winding the input line to the DSL modem is a little more problematic, as frequencies from the 100s KHz to a little into 2 MHz depending on technology are needed for the data signal.  best advice I can give you is to check in your modem for the uplink/downlink speeds and your WAN error count as a benchmark... and then wind turns of the cable on the toroid until you JUST start to drop speeds or grow noticeable additional errors.  that's as far as you can go without a noticeable loss of speed.

most DSL modem addresses are 192.168.0.1, type that in your browser and hit return to get into the modem menu.  don't go changing things, just watch... or you could whack yourself off the Internet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: