Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help With DigiPan 2.0  (Read 752 times)
N4LCV

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2008, 08:45:37 AM »

I have a question about receiving single signals on DigiPan 2.0. Let me begin by describing what I have on the screen. At the top of the screen just beneath the tool bars are 2 boxes. The left box is blank and the right box has parallel lines, like ruled paper. When there are signals coming in, the text of the signals is printed out on those ruled lines. Beneath these two boxes, is a long, narrow box where you type in the information you want to transmit, and beneath that, of course, is the "Waterfall." When I click on the text being printed in the right hand box, the cursor moves to that spot on the waterfall. This is the set-up for receiving multi-channels.

In my set-up, the only time anything appears in the upper left box is when I am transmitting a signal, and what I am transmitting appears in the upper left box. When I click the "Multi" button, the upper right box with the ruled lines of text disappears and the upper left box takes up that entire area of the screen. This is supposed to be, I think, the set up for single signal reception. However, I never have anything to appear in this box. The only way I can ever see the printed text of signals, no matter where the cursor is on the waterfall, is when I am in the "Multi" mode. Can anyone suggest what I need to do to receive single signals? I must have something configured wrong.

All the receive settings on the radio are in the normal positions. The AF gain is about half-scale, the RF gain is set so nothing is blocked. The notch filter is off, the slope filter is at its mid-scale setting, low cut and high cut is in the middle of the scale, CW VBT is at "normal." I can receive signals and have worked a couple of stations all the way across the USA, but I have to receive them in the "Multi" mode. Any suggestions?

Randall
N4LCV
KG6AF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 09:08:04 AM »

If you're seeing receive text in the lined "multi" window, your transceiver isn't the issue.

It's a long shot, but here's a possibility: the rx window displays receive text using the Rx Window Font color, but it displays transmit text using the Tx Window Font color.  Maybe you have the Rx Window Font and Rx Window Background colors set to the same color.  To see if this is the case, use the pull-down menus along the top of the screen to check:

Configure -> Colors -> Rx Window Font
Configure -> Colors -> Rx Window Background
N4LCV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 09:26:34 AM »

It may have been a long shot, but it was a bulls eye! Thanks for your help. That solved the problem.

Randall
N4LCV
WQ3T

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 08:20:02 AM »

Only the best help on eham. This is one of those problems that seems impossible to fix but has a simple solution. For future reference, the easy way to see this problem is to highlight the area without text to see if there is hidden text underneath. Highlighting with the mouse always shows opposing text/background colors. When you click to remove highlighting, if the text disappears, then it is obvious what the problem is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: