The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supplier to be avoided....  (Read 3940 times)
IZ5FCY

Ignore
« on: November 06, 2014, 05:54:09 AM »

For an unfortunate failure on my TS790, the RF module output Mitsubishi M67727, is broken again.

Earlier with the aid of a microscope, I had identified a break in alumina substrate and the I had repaired .
But this time there was nothing to be done.

Surfing the eBay I found a Chinese company (UT-Source , just not mentioning any names ...) that had some of them and I bought it since the photos looked equal to the same mine damaged.

After a considerable time and arrive the module.

The module is without of Mitsubishi logo and brutally silver printed on the black plastic cover "M67727".

Hesitant but hopeful, replace the module and pressing the PTT I see that the index of the wattmeter is rested comfortably near zero.

I check supply voltages and absorption that appear to be correct.

I check the input power to the module, but this is not excessive and within the operating range, its 17dBm are regularly supplied but ignored by the module (of which can not be found the  Pin / Pout diagrams).

I decided: I open the form. Thing extremely easy because the plastic cap is only weakly glued.

I find inside two completely different things!

I have written to the UT source, which of course has denied all, claiming the genuinenss of the products and in particular of the module in question

I reply these persons by sending them the photos (the original Mitsubishi mounted on the TS790 and their "thing") and inviting them to assert more about the identity of the two products.

Nothing to do for them are the same! However, they invite me to send their module back to give me back the money spent.

That is, I should spend more why I come back a few tens of dollars ...

Finally, after much insisted, they acknowledged their mistake but being due their suppliers and suggesting again to return it, declaring me which have no module decidedly original and full working.

MORAL

Do not trust of these carefully merchants, sellers of rust, without moral and ethical principles ....

For me the UT SOURCE, may also sell exclusively the Holy Water, I will die happy as a sinner.

Hoping to have been the last tawny owl,

Roberto IZ5FCY
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: