The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harbor Freight 800 watt generator update  (Read 57253 times)
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2015, 04:28:08 AM »

I have not had that problem at all. It is likely fuel or operater related. I use synthetic 2 stroke oil and 89 octane and ALWALY shut off fuel and run carb dry when done with it.

You will not be able to run the carb dry, just low. It wil be about 1/3 in the bowl when the engine will stall or blubber. Ideally, you want the carb bowl empty of all fuel or completely full of fuel. Otherwise, the fuel will evaporate away and leave some crud behind.

When I run it dry I choke it when it starts to lean out and play with choke to suck as much fuel as possible from carb. If you do not choke it, it will leave more fuel in carb. My garage is fully insulated same as house with urethane core insulated doors too and temperature does not very more than 35 degrees winter to summer so gas is pretty stable in power equipment. Nothing worse than laying on a cold soaked cement floor in winter when under a vehicle so I keep low heat in it thru winter to keep it in mid 50's or better (as well as cool it in summer when needed) at minimum when not 70+ when working out there. 

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: