Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Mosley RV6C Help

Reviews Summary for Mosley RV6C
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $457
Description: Vertical Antenna 10,12,15,17,20,40
More info: http://www.mosley-electronics.com

You can write your own review of the Mosley RV6C.

N1OTY Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2014 06:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Trapped Vertical  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've used Mosley yagi antennas in the past that belonged to friends and to my local club (Pro-57, Classic 36, etc). I've always been impressed with the quality and performance of these Mosley antennas. I recently decided to revamp my home HF setup, including a couple of new antennas. One of the antennas being replaced was a multi-band vertical. I considered my experience with various Mosley yagi's and decided that I would try one of their trapped verticals. The RV6C seemed like a good fit for me, so I ordered one. I located my RV6C approximately 20 feet in the air with the six wire counterpoise that is recommended in the manual. This antenna is a flawless performer on transmit and receive. I highly recommend this antenna to anyone needing a quality multi-band trapped vertical.

KV1P Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2013 08:53 Send this review to a friend
Over 10 years of service  Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna is a workhorse; I have 175 DX contacts DXCC, (2) WAS, WAC, and numerous Contest awards from NFL. And the great thing it is acceptable by my HOA! And it have taken the Florida weather with no problems, if your looking for quality and durable antenna this is the one.

K8ZXY Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2012 14:28 Send this review to a friend
Works better than I expected.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Was looking for a antenna that would give me multiple band coverage without using a tuner and would not evoke the ire of my neighborhood as I live in a restricted subdivision. This puppy seemed to foot the bill on both but would it do the job; would it perform at least on par with my attic mounted half wave dipoles. After one month I am very pleased; it is better than expected. Did have to tap an extra hole in the 40 meter stub and drive two ground rods near the mounting post in order to get the SWR under 1.5-1 at the upper end of the phone bands, where I normally operate. (gound mounted)

VA3UL Rating: 4/5 Mar 28, 2012 06:24 Send this review to a friend
excellant  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great quarter wave antenna. Simple to put together and mounted at ground level it requires little or no ground plane.( I suppose ground conductivity would have some bearing). I have operated this antenna for several years at the cottage now with no problems and excellant results. As with all Mosely products I have used it is first class excellant quality.

KK5GG Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2011 19:09 Send this review to a friend
Works as good as can be expected  Time owned: more than 12 months
Works as good as can be expected from a radial with traps. Needs good deep ground pipe and radials. All ground mounted verticals need radials. They are the other half of the antenna and keep the ground from absorbing your signal. Heavy duty and wind rating is good for a 21ft antenna. SWR isn't perfect but that is good because you know it is working.