Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | W4RT One Touch Tune for ACC port in Yaesu 857/897 Help

Reviews Summary for W4RT One Touch Tune for ACC port in Yaesu 857/897
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $12
Description: Short cable designed to plug into the ACC port via a 1/8" stereo plug with a momentary push button switch on the other end. The cable triggers the TX request input which generates a CW carrier for tuning an ATU etc.
More info: http://W4RT.com

You can write your own review of the W4RT One Touch Tune for ACC port in Yaesu 857/897.

AE5J Rating: 2/5 Oct 10, 2011 08:09 Send this review to a friend
Non Functional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
While I have had great results with W4RT products and services in general, this particular product leaves a bit to be desired. In short: it does not work, as supplied.

I connected it to a brand new 857D and closing the button switch did nothing. (I have a 450D and an 817 so I am very familiar with menu settings, operation, and quirks of these rigs) I ohm'ed out the cable and discovered that, as shipped, it closes the ALC line to ground.

The manual states very clearly what is required to put the 857D into a "transmit tune cycle" and that is simply grounding the TX request pin on the ACC port.

To their credit, W4RT agreed to take the cable back. I decided rather than sending it back to just fix it. I rewired it per the Yaesu manual and it now functions as intended.

The only reason I didn't rate it a zero is because of my previous good experience with W4RT and the fact that the cable only needed a few minutes to make it work.

W4RT will continue to get my business, but let the buyer beware of this product.
Pete AE5J