Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-9Z Help

Reviews Summary for N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-9Z
N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-9Z Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $315
Description: Base Metal: Brass The ZN-9Z is build on a 3/4" thick x 3 1/2" wide x 3" deep
base. It weighs 2 pounds, 11 ounces and uses 4 large diameter feet for
stability.
The ZN-9Z comes in two OTO ( outside to outside dimension) FINGERPIECE
OPTIONS of 5/16" (7.9mm) or 3/8" (9.5mm). These are parallel arm
arrangements and can not be adjusted.The brass version shown above has the
5/16" (7.9mm) OTO option with clear fingerpieces. The IRONMAN version has
the 3/8" (9.5mm) OTO option with solar gray fingerpieces.
More info: http://www.n3znkeys.com/keys.html#

You can write your own review of the N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-9Z.

W5DMT Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2017 12:08 Send this review to a friend
Loving my ZN-9Z  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As a long time user of the BY-1 Bencher paddles (Think 32 years), I've always wanted to try a higher end key.

I picked this up in Huntsville at the hamfest. Brought it home, hooked it up, and realized just how much I liked it.

Very smooth, built like a tank, and **HEAVY**. It's over all size, is smaller than a pack of cigarettes, but yet thing weighs several pounds, which means when you start slapping it around, it stays in one place, with no other help.

I made one little adjustment to one of the paddle distances, and probably won't touch it again for quite some time.

While not the least expensive set of paddles you'll ever own, you really should give these a try. They're awesome. They have made CW fun again.

VE2DC Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2012 17:24 Send this review to a friend
Industrial art at its finest  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tony built mine with 1/2" spacing. Best key I've used. Being able to adjust it on the fly came in handy for Field Day. Don't worry... it's not fragile ;-)

N4PDY Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2011 06:50 Send this review to a friend
Simply the best.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been a ham for almost 50 years, and I've owned just about every kind of key, bug and paddle there is. There are better CW ops than me, but I'm ok and can appreciate a good paddle; my previous one was a Schurr Profi 2. I recently got an N3ZN ZN-9Z, and it's quite simply the best I've ever had. The machining is a work of art, every adjustment is precise and the action is like an extension of your fingertips. There is no drag, no stickiness, just instant responsiveness. There are bearings everywhere, and even the adjustment tensioners are engineered; adjustable spring tension on a teflon rider pressing on the adjustment screw. At the time I ordered there was a five week wait; I'm glad I waited.

Tony's paddles are among the most expensive on the market; they're worth it. They come in nine different versions with small differences including paddle spacing. The 9Z has the closest spacing, but you can choose a slightly wider option if you wish. Tony (N3ZN) was a pleasure to deal with, and even the shipping packaging was beyond professional. If you're looking for a top-of-the-line paddle, consider an N3ZN.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with N3ZN, just a satisfied customer.

Mike, N4PDY