Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Help

Reviews Summary for HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models)
HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Reviews: 31 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99
Description: End fed dipole antenna made of finest materials. Monoband or
multiband antennes up to legel limit power possible
More info: http://www.hyendcompany.nl/

You can write your own review of the HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models).

TF3JB Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2015 04:12 Send this review to a friend
I like this 30 meter antenna.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had this antenna now for almost a year, and used it both at home and in the field with good results.

I bought the 10 MHz version. It is 14 meters long, quite light and can handle up to 300W PEP. It is simple to erect, almost invisible in the air and an excellent radiator.

The antenna comes with a good manual with tips on the correct fixation. It also provides helpful suggestions for five different antenna placements. I have only used the horizontal placement in my experiments, but VSWR has been within specs in all cases.

This is my first experience with 1/2 wave end-fed antennas, but I am amazed at the effective performance and it seems to compare favorably with a dipole in the field. I have though yet to test it more thoroughly here at home and will report on that at a later date.

This product is from the Dutch HyEndCompany. I like their quality and also, that they acted promptly when I ordered their product. I am currently contemplating to order a multiband end-fed version from them.

M0GGK Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2015 07:12 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got the 10-15-20-40-80 model, 200w.

this is amazing, took two days to get to me in the post. Mine is up 15 meters and I didn't have to trim any wires etc.

Very impressed, ok a bit pricey but this is probably the best wire antenna I have purchased.

i worked Brail first time the other night, and in there awful conditions.

well done guys

Dave M0GGK

VA2DV Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2015 13:01 Send this review to a friend
Quality. period.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got the 10-15-20-40-80 model, 200w.

NL to my qth in Canada, 4 business days.

I bought this antenna as a temporary solution since I wanted a simple antenna that could be installed with one support. I am not dissapointed. The price is maybe a little high but you get a very high quality matching unit and all the hardware you may need.
I have put the antenna horizontaly at 25' between my house and a post in the backyard. I have added a common-mode choke at the feedpoint. I have very good results and flat swr on every bands that it covers. I worked Saudi Arabia with 10w (Phone !) last weekeed with it on 20m. Not out of this world but It tells me that the antenna is efficient. To my experience, the performance is as good or better than a multiband loaded dipole I had in the past at the same location. Except that I dont have the problem of the feedline in the middle of the yard with the associated length of coax cable. 70' feet of almost invisible wire, 5 bands, no tuner...not bad.

KD2HFN Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2015 22:56 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pretty new at HF radio. Got the 5 band 200 watt end fed based on reviews. 2nd day ever on HF (10 meter) and I get Canary Islands. I just threw the antenna in a tree and made an L. Room in the yard not nearly enough. But, it didn't matter. Great reports from local and afar. SWR is great. Antenna is well made. It shipped from Netherlands to New York in 4 days.

PB1A Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2015 11:48 Send this review to a friend
HyEndFed Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
For a few years a have a HyEndFed Antenna from the HyEndfed compagny in the Netherlands. Ik can tell you is the best antenna I have had in 25 years. Ik works on 10, 15 ,20 ,40 en 80 meters without a tuning system. I havo olso a ferry low noise level. String 2 till 3 or less. Before that a built all my antennas for more than 20 years bij my self. But thy works never so good as my HyEndFed Antenna a have hanging on 10 meters high on this moment.
You can find som info for more details in http://www.hyendcompany.nl

Best 73 Anne PB1A (CW included)

DO5ST Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2015 10:54 Send this review to a friend
5 Band Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I own this great antenna since 2 weeks and it worked
really fine.
I live on a hill top high in the center of Stuttgart but i have not
a lot of ground around the house.
I install this 5 band antenna from my house to the house
opposite the street,25 feet high.
I had no antenna for 80 meter the last 3 years,for all the other
bands i use several dipol antennas.
On the last weekend i worked all over Germany with good
signals and 17 other countries in Europe and 3 in Africa.
This antenna from the Netherlands is a realy quality product and every penny worth.
DO5ST
Garry

CR7AFP Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2014 06:38 Send this review to a friend
80m Monobander - 5*****  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You can't go wrong with this antenna.
Easy to put up, easy to tune, very well built and most important works very well with +/-200KHz of bandwidth without using a tuner.
This antenna replaced my 80m full wave delta loop, and i can tell that it outperforms the loop signal wise, and no noise other then the one i had S4-S5, so great performer.
HyEndCompany has a great customer service and High Quality Products.

PA0TDO Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2014 01:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As a home owner with a small back garden setting up an effective antenna is a real pain.
Using the 5-band 200w end fed antenna from the top of the house on a small (2m) mast to the farthest point in the garden where i erected a 7m glassfiber mast did the trick. Only some 18m of the antenna runs horizontally, the remainder running down alongside the mast. Works very well on 40 and up, even contact on 80m possible although height and length are clearly limiting factors.No tuner needed on any of the bands. Very neat solution!The neighbours are happy that the -very visible- symmetrical feedline I used for a doublet has disappeared from their view.

CR7AFP Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2014 10:52 Send this review to a friend
Hy Quality Product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've ordered a 5 band 200W version and the antenna works great!
I liked it so much that i'm waiting for the 40m monobander and the 80m monobander.

Very well built, quality materials and great service from the HyEnd Company.

M0SAZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2014 00:48 Send this review to a friend
Simplicity is...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
...attaching two ends of a wire from one end of the garden to another. And despite this simple design, I have found it to be comparable to dipoles at similar overall height and length.

As others have mentioned, if your shack isn't situated between both sides of the dipole, this can pose more of a challenge to getting the antenna mounted without your plot looking like an eye saw.

I have the 5 band version and although the manual mentions potentially trimming the 80m wire (after the coil), I found SWR to be acceptable for my ATU for the entire band, with a good proportion of 80m not requiring a tuner at all. Same goes for all other bands, all within 2:1 SWR! For the WARC bands, tuning is simple too.

Conditions have died down a little when I have been on air (usually late at night recently), but I still managed several EU contacts on a "first call" on my 5w FT-817 setup.

Build quality seems good and the wire used is thin but strong - excellent for stealth deployment.

Would buy another.