Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Help

Reviews Summary for HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models)
HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Reviews: 20 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99
Description: End fed dipole antenna made of finest materials. Monoband or
multiband antennes up to legel limit power possible
More info: http://www.hyendcompany.nl/

You can write your own review of the HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models).

AE5HL Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2014 12:31 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna, particularly for a subdivision...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
With some trepidation, spent the cash and ordered the 40/20/15/10 antenna (200 watts). I currently have it in a more or less "v" configuration. The "v" only about 20 feet up and the ends drop down to about 5-6 feet.

As expected, you will likely need a tuner with this antenna if you use it in any configuration other that what it was tested with (40? feet off the ground, horizontal).

The hardware is of durable and weatherproof construction, stainless steel for the fasteners, etc. Seems well built and will likely last many years. The wire is approximately 67 feet long and around 16 gauge. One interesting note, this antenna uses an L-C network to match the 4 bands and provide a reasonable feed point impedance for the transceiver.

15 and 10 have been more or less dead where I am located, thus, this review will be limited to 40 and 20. The installation is suboptimal on 40 meters but it works well, I am able to make the type of contacts one would expect with a traditional dipole on 40 meters, worked Mexico City, Pacific Northwest, East coast, etc. (regional) and there is DX to be had but pile ups are not my forte...

On 20 it shines, excellent signal reports with 100 watts (I've only operated QRP prior to this) are excellent and regional to long distance QSO's are handled without a hitch.

The caveat here is I am not by any means an expert nor is my installation ideal. The matchbox is supposed to provide a 50ohm match to coax and in an optimal installation, I have no doubt this would be the case but for most of us some sort of tuner is really desired. This does not detract from operation and I'm not using a long length of coax (20') so the wire is doing the radiating, or at least most of it, anyways.

I would give a 4.5 if it were possible, only because I thought the antenna was somewhat expensive but you get what you pay for so I may just be nitpicking here.

The best aspect of this antenna is the ease of installation at a location where some stealth is necessary and the fact that it works!

KB1TCE Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2014 15:41 Send this review to a friend
Just got another one (5 band)  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been running a HF BBS for a few years. For the antenna, I started with a PAR 20 meter EndFedz. Wonderful antenna. As soon as the PAR 20/40 came out I got one and the results were similarly excellent.

However, I really wanted a multi-band end fed that didn't require a tuner. That's when I found the HyEnd line out of Holland. I ordered the 5 band antenna and quickly put it to use with the radio scanning 80-40-20 meters. It's been in place for about 2 years now.

More recently I wanted to get a good multi-band end fed for portable use. No contest - I ordered another 5 band antenna from HyEnd. I used it for the first time over the past weekend during Field Day. It performed excellently for voice and digital.

For portable use, I mounted the match box on a steel tripod (the type auto mechanics use to support a light bar). This keeps the match at about 6 ft. For the tall end, I use a 31 ft. telescoping fiberglass kite pole. The 5 band model has a trap coil for 80 meters that, while not heavy, will make the pole bend a bit. I ended up slipping the coil over the upper section of the pole. It slides down to about 2 ft or so from the top. I then run the short (8 ft or so) 80 meter wire to a 2mm diameter line that gets anchored to the ground, in line with the rest of the radiator.

The arrangement goes up very quickly and, worked very well on 80-40-20-15-10 with no tuner needed. (17 and 12 require some tuning as the swr is a tad above 2:1.)

I won't part with my PARs as they are superb lightweight single band antennas but the HyEnd is my favorite solution where flexibility is needed.

K8DSS Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2014 08:16 Send this review to a friend
Impressed with Multiband HyEndFed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered the 4 Band model and received it fairly quickly from the Netherlands. Initial impression was very positive, quality piece of gear. I changed the 20 meter long radiator wire to #26 AWG PolyStealth wire from Davis RF. This antenna needs to be very stealthy and it turned out to be exactly that!

I installed the matching unit at the top corner support of the pool cage at about 10 feet. The radiator wire goes up and over a nearby live oak tree about 30 feet high. So, most of the antenna is a sloper.

The initial SWR was OK, but Ron said the 20 meter SWR should be lower and suggested attaching a 1 ft wire to the terminal on the matching unit. I did that and the SWR came into range - no tuner required on 40 and 20, but I do use the ATU on my K3 for the other bands. It works OK on the WARC bands, too. So far, I am very pleased. Thanks, Ron, for such a good antenna. It is every bit as good as the Par Endfedz, plus is Multiband.

F8ETK Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2014 12:09 Send this review to a friend
Vy good antenna  Time owned: months
I bought my 5-bands-Hyendfed dipole 2 months ago, to challenge my PAR EndFEd EF4020 (which is excellent, but just for 2 bands).

I am very pleased about the results all the more as I use it from 80 - 40 - 20 - 17 - 15 - 12 - 10 (so 7 bands...).

The product is really well made and allow me to keep in touch with my favorite bands with hard conditions (the antenna is put at 4 meters...)

Thanks to Ron who answered at every questions :)

No reason to hesitate with so good a product !

F8ETK
Yvon

North France (ham since 1993)

S58J Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2014 04:52 Send this review to a friend
HyEndFed + 2W = 100+ DXCC  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Can I say more? Antenna really works, with only 2,5W from my FT-817ND I did 107 DXCC countries so far. I was actually explaining my correspondents that I am using 5 Watts and just yesterday I realized that for the last 9 months (since I have 17m monoband EndFed) my FT-817ND power set up was only to 2,5 W. On the day of antenna setup I was up and down the garden with battery powered FT-817ND and afterwards forget to setup the rig back to 5W. Who cares, DX with that antenna and beautufull little rig is hot! Plenty of US in the long (all the way to WA), Japan on long path, Carribean DXPEDs... I only missed OC for WAC, but heard it many times. Antenna setup is vertical, you can see the photo on QRZ.COM. Well built, no issues I only needed to shorten the antenna for some 25cm (7 inch), at the top,for 1:1 SWR. You cant go wrong. I had a chance to visit the antenna producer near Amsterdam and he is very cooperative and helpful.Did I mentioned that I live in the area with a lot of rain and seasonal heavy winds? No problem with the antenna at all!

Regards

Janez, PA/S58J

N4NWW Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2014 16:08 Send this review to a friend
N4NWW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a Par end fed 40 meter antenna that really worked great but it would not handle an amplifier.
I needed an end fed antenna due to my housing situation here. I happened to run across this company in the Netherlands. I like what I read about them. So I ordered a QRO end fed antenna that would handle up to 4800 watts surely this would handle my meager 600 watts. I had problems and couldn't get it loaded up. Saturday night Ron from HyEndfed Antenna and I exchanged some dozen emails. Long story short it was my antenna switch that was at fault. The point is that Ron stayed with me until the problem was solved. It was after midnight his time. That is great customer service. And he builds one great antenna. I would recommend Ron to anyone who is looking for a QUALITY end Fed antenna. Thanks again Ron!

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2013 04:07 Send this review to a friend
On Christams day I get support!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased the 40 meter MONO Bander from HyEndFed Antenna company over a year ago, and the antenna worked fantastic.

I emailed the company on Chirstmas Eve, about other designs for 40 meters, never thinking I would get reply until in 2014, however, on Christmas Day, I receive a reply....Amazing..

Great product and super support...!

KF7DS Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2013 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Very good product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Currently I have a Butternut HF6V, a DXCC and a 20m dipole and wanted another multi-band wire antenna that was easy to setup.

I purchased the HyEndFed four band (40/20/15/10)model and am impressed by the build quality relative to the Par End Feds I have tried (the quality of wire used is a bit more supple and easier to work with and the box is much more robust with quality fittings). SWR is below 1.6:1 on all bands with plenty of bandwith for CW operation, and is slightly higher on 15m, but still 1.8:1 and below. No tuner needed with my IC 7000 (my portable rig when I have A/C).

I tested it with my IC 7000 running 50 watts on my back porch. Band conditions were mediocre, which is a good time to get a good feel for an antenna. One end of the antenna was up in a tree at about 35' and the other (matchbox end) was on the top of an 11' Buddipole mast, fairly close to the house.

The antenna is relatively quiet, which surprised me. Received well (had a quick qso with LW3EX in Buenos Aires...quite lucky actually given band condx and low power used). Tracked my xmt using Reverse Beacon Network and my signal was getting out very well.

So, overall a happy camper. I am going to permanently string this 4-bander in my backyard, and have also ordered another to take to the beach this summer (can't wait). Best, Don KF7DS

M0DRH Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2013 11:53 Send this review to a friend
17M Monoband ~ Excellent Antenna & Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Exchanged emails with Rob, very prompt responses.
Ordered a 400 Watt version of the 17M Monobander.

Temporary installation for now.
Feedbox at approx 3.9m wire end at approx 6m.

After using a RigExpert and a few centimeters removed.
Measurements at the end of 25m of AirCell 7 gave:

Fq = 18.130
SWR = 1.01
Z = 50.2 + j0.7 Ohm
((under 1.1:1 through entire band))

Note:
Initially I had the feedbox at @ 1.8m
The SWR was @ 1.29:1 and Z 61.5 Ohm
Moving feedbox up to 3.9m made all the difference.

My ultimate aim is to:
Mount the feedbox on a plate.
Mount a fibreglass pole on the plate.
Fix the wire to the fibreglass pole.
Mount the plate on top of a fixed 4m pole.
Create a 17M vertical

K9DBV Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2013 11:34 Send this review to a friend
Splendid!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Splendid quality,splendid performance,splendid customer support!

As a condo dweller I am a big fan of end-fed antennas. I had been using PAR END-FedZ antennas with great success and admiration for a number of years but wanted something that could handle over 200 watts PEP. I first bought the 40 meter HyEndfed 300 watts version and was so impressed with the quality of build and performance that I also purchased the 4KW Super QRO version. Yes, they cost more..but are worth the expense.