Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Help

Reviews Summary for HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models)
HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Reviews: 17 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99
Description: End fed dipole antenna made of finest materials. Monoband or
multiband antennes up to legel limit power possible
More info: http://www.hyendcompany.nl/

You can write your own review of the HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models).

F8ETK Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2014 12:09 Send this review to a friend
Vy good antenna  Time owned: months
I bought my 5-bands-Hyendfed dipole 2 months ago, to challenge my PAR EndFEd EF4020 (which is excellent, but just for 2 bands).

I am very pleased about the results all the more as I use it from 80 - 40 - 20 - 17 - 15 - 12 - 10 (so 7 bands...).

The product is really well made and allow me to keep in touch with my favorite bands with hard conditions (the antenna is put at 4 meters...)

Thanks to Ron who answered at every questions :)

No reason to hesitate with so good a product !

F8ETK
Yvon

North France (ham since 1993)

S58J Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2014 04:52 Send this review to a friend
HyEndFed + 2W = 100+ DXCC  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Can I say more? Antenna really works, with only 2,5W from my FT-817ND I did 107 DXCC countries so far. I was actually explaining my correspondents that I am using 5 Watts and just yesterday I realized that for the last 9 months (since I have 17m monoband EndFed) my FT-817ND power set up was only to 2,5 W. On the day of antenna setup I was up and down the garden with battery powered FT-817ND and afterwards forget to setup the rig back to 5W. Who cares, DX with that antenna and beautufull little rig is hot! Plenty of US in the long (all the way to WA), Japan on long path, Carribean DXPEDs... I only missed OC for WAC, but heard it many times. Antenna setup is vertical, you can see the photo on QRZ.COM. Well built, no issues I only needed to shorten the antenna for some 25cm (7 inch), at the top,for 1:1 SWR. You cant go wrong. I had a chance to visit the antenna producer near Amsterdam and he is very cooperative and helpful.Did I mentioned that I live in the area with a lot of rain and seasonal heavy winds? No problem with the antenna at all!

Regards

Janez, PA/S58J

N4NWW Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2014 16:08 Send this review to a friend
N4NWW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a Par end fed 40 meter antenna that really worked great but it would not handle an amplifier.
I needed an end fed antenna due to my housing situation here. I happened to run across this company in the Netherlands. I like what I read about them. So I ordered a QRO end fed antenna that would handle up to 4800 watts surely this would handle my meager 600 watts. I had problems and couldn't get it loaded up. Saturday night Ron from HyEndfed Antenna and I exchanged some dozen emails. Long story short it was my antenna switch that was at fault. The point is that Ron stayed with me until the problem was solved. It was after midnight his time. That is great customer service. And he builds one great antenna. I would recommend Ron to anyone who is looking for a QUALITY end Fed antenna. Thanks again Ron!

NN2X Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2013 04:07 Send this review to a friend
On Christams day I get support!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased the 40 meter MONO Bander from HyEndFed Antenna company over a year ago, and the antenna worked fantastic.

I emailed the company on Chirstmas Eve, about other designs for 40 meters, never thinking I would get reply until in 2014, however, on Christmas Day, I receive a reply....Amazing..

Great product and super support...!

KF7DS Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2013 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Very good product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Currently I have a Butternut HF6V, a DXCC and a 20m dipole and wanted another multi-band wire antenna that was easy to setup.

I purchased the HyEndFed four band (40/20/15/10)model and am impressed by the build quality relative to the Par End Feds I have tried (the quality of wire used is a bit more supple and easier to work with and the box is much more robust with quality fittings). SWR is below 1.6:1 on all bands with plenty of bandwith for CW operation, and is slightly higher on 15m, but still 1.8:1 and below. No tuner needed with my IC 7000 (my portable rig when I have A/C).

I tested it with my IC 7000 running 50 watts on my back porch. Band conditions were mediocre, which is a good time to get a good feel for an antenna. One end of the antenna was up in a tree at about 35' and the other (matchbox end) was on the top of an 11' Buddipole mast, fairly close to the house.

The antenna is relatively quiet, which surprised me. Received well (had a quick qso with LW3EX in Buenos Aires...quite lucky actually given band condx and low power used). Tracked my xmt using Reverse Beacon Network and my signal was getting out very well.

So, overall a happy camper. I am going to permanently string this 4-bander in my backyard, and have also ordered another to take to the beach this summer (can't wait). Best, Don KF7DS

M0DRH Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2013 11:53 Send this review to a friend
17M Monoband ~ Excellent Antenna & Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Exchanged emails with Rob, very prompt responses.
Ordered a 400 Watt version of the 17M Monobander.

Temporary installation for now.
Feedbox at approx 3.9m wire end at approx 6m.

After using a RigExpert and a few centimeters removed.
Measurements at the end of 25m of AirCell 7 gave:

Fq = 18.130
SWR = 1.01
Z = 50.2 + j0.7 Ohm
((under 1.1:1 through entire band))

Note:
Initially I had the feedbox at @ 1.8m
The SWR was @ 1.29:1 and Z 61.5 Ohm
Moving feedbox up to 3.9m made all the difference.

My ultimate aim is to:
Mount the feedbox on a plate.
Mount a fibreglass pole on the plate.
Fix the wire to the fibreglass pole.
Mount the plate on top of a fixed 4m pole.
Create a 17M vertical

K9DBV Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2013 11:34 Send this review to a friend
Splendid!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Splendid quality,splendid performance,splendid customer support!

As a condo dweller I am a big fan of end-fed antennas. I had been using PAR END-FedZ antennas with great success and admiration for a number of years but wanted something that could handle over 200 watts PEP. I first bought the 40 meter HyEndfed 300 watts version and was so impressed with the quality of build and performance that I also purchased the 4KW Super QRO version. Yes, they cost more..but are worth the expense.

EI2HPB Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2013 11:04 Send this review to a friend
15m monobander  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the 15m monobander for portable use... as antennas go they dont get much simpler than an end fed wire... quality of materials is excellent, nice swr match across the band... strung it up on a fibreglass pole as a vertical in my usual /P location which is very near the sea shore... fired up the TS480HX with 150w... first contact was VP8LP in the Falklands approx 8000 miles distance... kinda hard to beat that!!

M0SFR Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2013 02:58 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic quality and service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am very impressed. Having as I do a small garden, not really fit for any full-size 80m antenna, and also suffering from the XYL's aesthetic preferences that do not include electric contraptions hanging overhead, I have been unable to use a proper multiband including 80m antenna for the last 6 years. I used EndFedz a lot, as they are similar, but monoband, and an LW with a tuner and one counterpoise (which my XYL had to remove periodically to mow the lawn). Terrible. Finally discovered this feat of engineering excellence, and now am very happy indeed!

Strong points:

1. Quality. UV resistant box, 200W limit (twice the power of a bare TX) N-connector at request, excellent loading coil for 80m, 5 usable bands straight out of the box, even the (tunable) 80m was well nigh on the frequency when I tried it!

2. Communication. These guys answer your emails on the Xmas Eve, what more can I say! Extra fast delivery, great packaging and instant support.

3. If you take all the above into account, you know what, the price IS GOOD. Yes, more expensive than your rusty G6RV, but a small fraction of the cost of a TX, and much more important than the latter.

4. If you are like me and do not fancy climbing over the roof, ask your TV contractor to install it. I did, paid a laughable amount for it, and it worked on the same day. The reason why is that the matching box is tiny and there is no need for a second (tall) support, anything will do. The match box can go on your chimney stack on top of a TV 6-footer pole.

5. Use thick coax with this marvel, then you will be able to tune it to 12m and 17m as I did, with a good antenna tuner at the transceiver end with very little power lost. This way you get an all-bander, nearly invisible and efficient too!

I am thoroughly pleased with the product, would buy it again in a heart beat.

Many thanks, HyEndFed.

W4GOV Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2013 18:38 Send this review to a friend
The best quality, period!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been backpacking and trekking portable HF for quite a few many years now. I have made most of my antennas in the past, but a few years ago purchased a couple PAR End Fedz. These were great because they were small and worked well with my FT-817.

I recently ran across the HyEnd Fed antennas and decided to give them a go. I just received them today in the mail and the very first thing you notice is the build quality. When held up against my PAR antennas it almost seems like a joke. They are built into NEMA boxes and allow for access to the coil if in the event something needs to be swapped out (PAR is fully sealed). They are sturdy and a pure work of art.

I will update my review once I get the antennas to work this weekend. I will be using the 10, 15, and 20M monoband versions of the Hy End Fed and will compare them to the PAR products on the same bands.

So far, I can see why they are a 5.0 rating.

73 es gd dx!