Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Help

Reviews Summary for HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models)
HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Reviews: 39 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99
Description: End fed dipole antenna made of finest materials. Monoband or
multiband antennes up to legel limit power possible
More info: http://www.hyendcompany.nl/

You can write your own review of the HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models).

DJ7EC Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2016 15:02 Send this review to a friend
5 Band version - working great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
We had to move out of our house due to a water damage. Of course an antenna was needed at our temporary QTH so I decided not to take my equipment to build one with me but to order a Hyendfed from a German dealer. I read about those Hyendfeds earlier and thought this might be just another "wonder antenna". Well, nothing is further from the truth. Indeed the antenna is pricey but the quality is second to none. You get what you pay for and this antenna is certainly plug and play. I threw it from the balcony into the garden into a low tree and was on the air. SWR 1.1:1 on 80/40/20/15/10. Had a lot of DX QSOs in our 7 weeks stay there including EP2A on 3 bands and even VK0EK on 40m. A thing I didīt expect to happen. Wkd all continents easily with 100w and CW. Back home I installed the antenna in my backyard. Sloping down from the rooftop of my house to a 2.5m high pole. It is working fine on all 5 bands and a small LDG tuner does the job for the WARC bands and one sixty . I can highly recommend this antenna for people living in antenna ristricted areas. Mine is almost invisible. It replaced my old system wich consisted of an inverted L antenna with a CG-3000 in the feed point. It seems to pick up much less man made noise and I do get much better reports on Reverse Beacon Network. It is also pretty easy to build one by yourself, my Dad did, and is using it as a second antenna at his QTH. Even if I broke my habits for being a home brewer for many years I did not regret spending the money.

SV1HEP Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2016 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Top Quality Top Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
HyEndFed 8 band antenna for 80,40 (30) 20,17,15,12 and 10 meter 800watts !!

Yes. This model works amazing.
I placed this antenna with my uncertainty about the performance. I live in a city with plenty of electrical noise and lack of space for any other type of antenna I thought it would be nice to i try at last and this type of antenna.

So this is my review.
First of all Mr Ron makes a wonderful job. The constructing technique and materials it's a top quality.
After that in any question may you have about the products they him stay in customer side all the time any time to give any info and help.

The performance
I installed the antenna on the terace and about 5 meters high and totally horizontally.
My building is a five floors high and 45 meters long. My apartment is on one side and the antenna fits perfectly for the 39,5 meters of it's total length.

The SWR it's low in to the all bands as described by constructor sheets, and confirming that by my self with an SARK-110 Antenna Analyzer.

I need to cut some cm of wire because the antenna has the lower SWR in to the lower sides of bands.
Don't worry about cutting. The calibration effects in one all bands together without any bad surprise.

The results

What i can say. I have make contacts with a lot of DX station like VK0EK, FT4JA etc. If you like to see my last months contacts look in my call sign in qrz.com
No words to describe the performance.

So. For the final. This antenna performs excellent in mid bands, a little lower or same to dipole in lower bands, and same to dipole in high bands.
But who needs a roof full of wires when cover all ham bands with only one ? No one i believe.
I will only dwell on one point which I can not confirm if it is due to the antenna or as I describe above to my noisy city. Perhaps both.
Compared overall with a tuned dipole antenna the hyendfed is more noisy in the receiver. I believe that in the assets is the only drawback. Of course in areas with scarce electric city noise be completely different the overall noise level.

Finally
You have restricted space? Yoy need one wire for multi band operation ? You have an wild and angry neighbor who looks at your antennas with suspicion.

The solution is a nice Hyendfed antenna for all flavors.

Chris SV1HEP

p.s Forgive my poor English language. I speek Greek better. hi hi !

VE3TCV Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2016 08:55 Send this review to a friend
Top notch quality and performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This review is for the HyEndFed Dualband 40/80 1200 Watt model.

This is the second antenna I have ordered from Hyendfed as it is best so far, i love end fed antennas as they are easy to install and are just about invisible. The build quality is rugged and heavy duty, the parts are top quality , I expect no corrosion and years of service just from looking at it.
This antenna replaced a 80/40 Bazooka dipole that was just not performing well, I also live in an area with a high amounts of noise on the lower bands. This antenna has better signal properties than my old Bazooka and a lower noise level, my noise level has dropped from 9dB to about 3dB while retaining signal strength.
The antenna easily takes 1Kw of power from my amplifier, I have the antenna paired to a Hyhendfed low band line isolator which eliminates all noise coming back into my shack. The antenna was easy to tune, I managed to get both bands to an SWR of under 1.5:1 very quickly.

K1PJR Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2016 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Very nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the 40-10 version. Put it up today. Work HI,Venezuela and Guinea (ATNO). Have it in a slopper configuration. Outperforms my vertical. Very happy camper. Ron does excellent work. Will definitely buy from him in the future.

N6DMR Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2016 07:19 Send this review to a friend
5 Band - 200w Version - Excellent!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have had this antenna for about 8 months. Works very well on all 5 bands, using an LDG-RT100 tuner at the matchbox.

I use in on my Motorhome as a modified inverted "L" style. Matchbox is at approximately 6 feet high on the rear side of my coach, straight up to 44ft on a telescoping fiberglas pole then across the length of the Motorhome to a front telescoping pole up at 32ft. This allows the end coil to be horizontal at the front pole top with a few feet of the matching tail falling vertical.

This setup really works well, if I can hear a station I can usually make the contact. Even in minor pile ups I seem to get a fast response and strong audio reports.

Had my FT-817ND on it last week and was talking from Florida to Texas with just 5 watts. Audio was reported as if it was 100 watts out. Talked for about 20 minutes in tight band conditions.

Kudos to Ron and his folks for a very effective antenna.

Duane

DK5EW Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2015 02:47 Send this review to a friend
worth every penny  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I own this antenna model 2015 now for a while. I placed it on the roof and hang it up to a tree next to. I made measurements with my VNA analyzer and I can repeat the company measurements. I work 90% in digital modes and I contact the whole world with this antenna. Now in winter I do not see any changing of the SWR also with some snow or ice on it. If interested check my measurements at http://dk5ew.com/2015/11/15/hyendfed-antenna/

M0SAZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2015 14:41 Send this review to a friend
Wow has it been a year?  Time owned: more than 12 months
The 5 band HyEndFed has been up over a year now - the longest I have ever had an antenna installed. I have pretty much run QRP for most of the 12 months and am now back to being QRP exclusive.

The reports I get and the performance on receive has been as good as my other 2 favourite wire antennas - the Alpha Delta DXCC and the Western HF10.

I also during the last 12 months installed a 4 band model to try different heights/directions of mounting. Not really getting much different results to the 5 band (except no 80m of course), I have recently cut it to be resonant on 17m. And yes, these antennas are RESONANT, not a matchbox that give a low SWR on the whole HF spectrum.

Anyway, 17m is brighter than any of my other antennas, and it has also given me an almost resonant 30m antenna too. Combined with the fact that the 5 band model happens at my QTH to resonate on 12m too - WARC bands are covered across the two antennas. Which is great as when I contacted the guys at HyEndFed to see if and when a WARC band antenna could be produced, they said they are currently too busy right now. Fingers crossed one day!

I also have the 4 band QRP/Portable version but am yet to try it. Comes in a little bag and looks well made - time will tell on performance.

My results (3:1 SWR or lower listed - ATU used for any missing band space i.e. parts of 80m and using on 160m).

5 band antenna:
80m = 3.557MHz -3.671MHz (<3.0:1)
40m = Whole Band (<1.3:1)
20m = Whole Band (<2.2:1)
15m = Whole Band (<2.0:1)
12m = Whole Band (2.7:1)
10m = Whole Band (Reaches 3.0:1 @ 29.7MHz)

Modified 4 Band antenna

30m now as low as 4.3:1 -Easy job for the LDG Z-817.
17m = Whole Band (1.3 - 1.5:1)
10m (2.0:1 @ 28.0MHz - 3.0:1 @ 28.7MHz)

Mike
M0SAZ

VA2DV Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2015 14:20 Send this review to a friend
New version even better  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It took several months but I was able to compare this antenna (5-bands) to a similar length loaded dipole. After extensive testing, I must say that I am impress by the HyEndFed. No feedline in the middle of the yard, 5 bands and some directivity on the higher bands. I have point NE to EU. It rival my Cushcraft R-5 on certain paths.
The new current version also include a valve on the matching network to avoid condensation inside.
First quality material. It is somehow more efficient than the 9:1 balun setups.
Nice quality-price ratio. Highly recommanded.
The loaded dipole is now gone.

N4OMG Rating: 4/5 Oct 13, 2015 04:51 Send this review to a friend
5 Band 200 Watt  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I choose this because it suited my needs for a stealth HF antenna. I have it over 30 feet high and nearly horizontal. I have it pointed 270 degrees (due west) I live in Charlotte NC. I use a Micom2B from the Civil Air Patrol non-ham frequencies in the 40 and 20 meter range with 100 watts. These radios are for wide area para-military tactical comm.

We have about 50 fixed channels that never change so we have three nets a day (morning, afternoon, evening). These are huge HF nets (up to 118 stations) calling in from all 50 states plus Puerto Rico.

If the conditions are good, I can hear stations in Wa State and Puerto Rico and can TX at least a 1000 mile radius and as close as 100 miles.

I use a MFJ-901B manual tuner with a Jetstream double needle SWR meter and 50 feet coax. I can keep all my SWR readings 2.5 or less with most 1:1 to 1:7.

Conclusion. It's a stealthy and convenient long wire configuration that works for me, however; let's see how it stands up to years of weather.

TF3JB Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2015 04:12 Send this review to a friend
I like this 30 meter antenna.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had this antenna now for almost a year, and used it both at home and in the field with good results.

I bought the 10 MHz version. It is 14 meters long, quite light and can handle up to 300W PEP. It is simple to erect, almost invisible in the air and an excellent radiator.

The antenna comes with a good manual with tips on the correct fixation. It also provides helpful suggestions for five different antenna placements. I have only used the horizontal placement in my experiments, but VSWR has been within specs in all cases.

This is my first experience with 1/2 wave end-fed antennas, but I am amazed at the effective performance and it seems to compare favorably with a dipole in the field. I have though yet to test it more thoroughly here at home and will report on that at a later date.

This product is from the Dutch HyEndCompany. I like their quality and also, that they acted promptly when I ordered their product. I am currently contemplating to order a multiband end-fed version from them.