Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Help

Reviews Summary for HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models)
HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Reviews: 28 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99
Description: End fed dipole antenna made of finest materials. Monoband or
multiband antennes up to legel limit power possible
More info: http://www.hyendcompany.nl/

You can write your own review of the HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models).

KD2HFN Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2015 22:56 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pretty new at HF radio. Got the 5 band 200 watt end fed based on reviews. 2nd day ever on HF (10 meter) and I get Canary Islands. I just threw the antenna in a tree and made an L. Room in the yard not nearly enough. But, it didn't matter. Great reports from local and afar. SWR is great. Antenna is well made. It shipped from Netherlands to New York in 4 days.

PB1A Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2015 11:48 Send this review to a friend
HyEndFed Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
For a few years a have a HyEndFed Antenna from the HyEndfed compagny in the Netherlands. Ik can tell you is the best antenna I have had in 25 years. Ik works on 10, 15 ,20 ,40 en 80 meters without a tuning system. I havo olso a ferry low noise level. String 2 till 3 or less. Before that a built all my antennas for more than 20 years bij my self. But thy works never so good as my HyEndFed Antenna a have hanging on 10 meters high on this moment.
You can find som info for more details in http://www.hyendcompany.nl

Best 73 Anne PB1A (CW included)

DO5ST Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2015 10:54 Send this review to a friend
5 Band Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I own this great antenna since 2 weeks and it worked
really fine.
I live on a hill top high in the center of Stuttgart but i have not
a lot of ground around the house.
I install this 5 band antenna from my house to the house
opposite the street,25 feet high.
I had no antenna for 80 meter the last 3 years,for all the other
bands i use several dipol antennas.
On the last weekend i worked all over Germany with good
signals and 17 other countries in Europe and 3 in Africa.
This antenna from the Netherlands is a realy quality product and every penny worth.
DO5ST
Garry

CR7AFP Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2014 06:38 Send this review to a friend
80m Monobander - 5*****  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You can't go wrong with this antenna.
Easy to put up, easy to tune, very well built and most important works very well with +/-200KHz of bandwidth without using a tuner.
This antenna replaced my 80m full wave delta loop, and i can tell that it outperforms the loop signal wise, and no noise other then the one i had S4-S5, so great performer.
HyEndCompany has a great customer service and High Quality Products.

PA0TDO Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2014 01:47 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As a home owner with a small back garden setting up an effective antenna is a real pain.
Using the 5-band 200w end fed antenna from the top of the house on a small (2m) mast to the farthest point in the garden where i erected a 7m glassfiber mast did the trick. Only some 18m of the antenna runs horizontally, the remainder running down alongside the mast. Works very well on 40 and up, even contact on 80m possible although height and length are clearly limiting factors.No tuner needed on any of the bands. Very neat solution!The neighbours are happy that the -very visible- symmetrical feedline I used for a doublet has disappeared from their view.

CR7AFP Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2014 10:52 Send this review to a friend
Hy Quality Product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've ordered a 5 band 200W version and the antenna works great!
I liked it so much that i'm waiting for the 40m monobander and the 80m monobander.

Very well built, quality materials and great service from the HyEnd Company.

M0SAZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2014 00:48 Send this review to a friend
Simplicity is...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
...attaching two ends of a wire from one end of the garden to another. And despite this simple design, I have found it to be comparable to dipoles at similar overall height and length.

As others have mentioned, if your shack isn't situated between both sides of the dipole, this can pose more of a challenge to getting the antenna mounted without your plot looking like an eye saw.

I have the 5 band version and although the manual mentions potentially trimming the 80m wire (after the coil), I found SWR to be acceptable for my ATU for the entire band, with a good proportion of 80m not requiring a tuner at all. Same goes for all other bands, all within 2:1 SWR! For the WARC bands, tuning is simple too.

Conditions have died down a little when I have been on air (usually late at night recently), but I still managed several EU contacts on a "first call" on my 5w FT-817 setup.

Build quality seems good and the wire used is thin but strong - excellent for stealth deployment.

Would buy another.

Mike
M0SAZ

M0TTB Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2014 05:32 Send this review to a friend
Simple, adaptable & effective (40m QRO)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Anything centre fed is out of the question at my qth, and it's just an awkward place for any longish wire antennas, despite frequent comments from visiting amateurs saying I have a great garden/backyard for antennas... the reality is a bit different.

However this end fed works out fine, mounted at 40ft and dropping down slightly to around 35ft at the other end.

I'd spoken to many people around the world on the bands using the Par endfedz with great success, so naturally this beefed up version was appealing to finally get me qrv on 40m after years of threatening to do so.

The build quality of the product (40m monoband QRO) is exceptional and you would be pretty confident of this item lasting a good number of years in all conditions. The QRO version was heavier and larger than expected but that's reassuring in many ways.

SWR was under 2:1 across 7.000-7.200, although only just at the top end, so I may trim very carefully.

No EMC/RFI/TVI apparent, no visits from irrate neighbours after having used qro at various times of the day.

I didn't expect the world, just happy enough with decent inter-G, but have worked all continents on 40 ssb in the last week since putting it up, including JA, HS, VK and ZL. I'm certainly looking forward to the 40m dx season.

AE5HL Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2014 12:31 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna, particularly for a subdivision...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
With some trepidation, spent the cash and ordered the 40/20/15/10 antenna (200 watts). I currently have it in a more or less "v" configuration. The "v" only about 20 feet up and the ends drop down to about 5-6 feet.

As expected, you will likely need a tuner with this antenna if you use it in any configuration other that what it was tested with (40? feet off the ground, horizontal).

The hardware is of durable and weatherproof construction, stainless steel for the fasteners, etc. Seems well built and will likely last many years. The wire is approximately 67 feet long and around 16 gauge. One interesting note, this antenna uses an L-C network to match the 4 bands and provide a reasonable feed point impedance for the transceiver.

15 and 10 have been more or less dead where I am located, thus, this review will be limited to 40 and 20. The installation is suboptimal on 40 meters but it works well, I am able to make the type of contacts one would expect with a traditional dipole on 40 meters, worked Mexico City, Pacific Northwest, East coast, etc. (regional) and there is DX to be had but pile ups are not my forte...

On 20 it shines, excellent signal reports with 100 watts (I've only operated QRP prior to this) are excellent and regional to long distance QSO's are handled without a hitch.

The caveat here is I am not by any means an expert nor is my installation ideal. The matchbox is supposed to provide a 50ohm match to coax and in an optimal installation, I have no doubt this would be the case but for most of us some sort of tuner is really desired. This does not detract from operation and I'm not using a long length of coax (20') so the wire is doing the radiating, or at least most of it, anyways.

I would give a 4.5 if it were possible, only because I thought the antenna was somewhat expensive but you get what you pay for so I may just be nitpicking here.

The best aspect of this antenna is the ease of installation at a location where some stealth is necessary and the fact that it works!

KB1TCE Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2014 15:41 Send this review to a friend
Just got another one (5 band)  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been running a HF BBS for a few years. For the antenna, I started with a PAR 20 meter EndFedz. Wonderful antenna. As soon as the PAR 20/40 came out I got one and the results were similarly excellent.

However, I really wanted a multi-band end fed that didn't require a tuner. That's when I found the HyEnd line out of Holland. I ordered the 5 band antenna and quickly put it to use with the radio scanning 80-40-20 meters. It's been in place for about 2 years now.

More recently I wanted to get a good multi-band end fed for portable use. No contest - I ordered another 5 band antenna from HyEnd. I used it for the first time over the past weekend during Field Day. It performed excellently for voice and digital.

For portable use, I mounted the match box on a steel tripod (the type auto mechanics use to support a light bar). This keeps the match at about 6 ft. For the tall end, I use a 31 ft. telescoping fiberglass kite pole. The 5 band model has a trap coil for 80 meters that, while not heavy, will make the pole bend a bit. I ended up slipping the coil over the upper section of the pole. It slides down to about 2 ft or so from the top. I then run the short (8 ft or so) 80 meter wire to a 2mm diameter line that gets anchored to the ground, in line with the rest of the radiator.

The arrangement goes up very quickly and, worked very well on 80-40-20-15-10 with no tuner needed. (17 and 12 require some tuning as the swr is a tad above 2:1.)

I won't part with my PARs as they are superb lightweight single band antennas but the HyEnd is my favorite solution where flexibility is needed.