Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Help

Reviews Summary for HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models)
HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Reviews: 34 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99
Description: End fed dipole antenna made of finest materials. Monoband or
multiband antennes up to legel limit power possible

You can write your own review of the HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models).

DK5EW Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2015 02:47 Send this review to a friend
worth every penny  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I own this antenna model 2015 now for a while. I placed it on the roof and hang it up to a tree next to. I made measurements with my VNA analyzer and I can repeat the company measurements. I work 90% in digital modes and I contact the whole world with this antenna. Now in winter I do not see any changing of the SWR also with some snow or ice on it. If interested check my measurements at
M0SAZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2015 14:41 Send this review to a friend
Wow has it been a year?  Time owned: more than 12 months
The 5 band HyEndFed has been up over a year now - the longest I have ever had an antenna installed. I have pretty much run QRP for most of the 12 months and am now back to being QRP exclusive.

The reports I get and the performance on receive has been as good as my other 2 favourite wire antennas - the Alpha Delta DXCC and the Western HF10.

I also during the last 12 months installed a 4 band model to try different heights/directions of mounting. Not really getting much different results to the 5 band (except no 80m of course), I have recently cut it to be resonant on 17m. And yes, these antennas are RESONANT, not a matchbox that give a low SWR on the whole HF spectrum.

Anyway, 17m is brighter than any of my other antennas, and it has also given me an almost resonant 30m antenna too. Combined with the fact that the 5 band model happens at my QTH to resonate on 12m too - WARC bands are covered across the two antennas. Which is great as when I contacted the guys at HyEndFed to see if and when a WARC band antenna could be produced, they said they are currently too busy right now. Fingers crossed one day!

I also have the 4 band QRP/Portable version but am yet to try it. Comes in a little bag and looks well made - time will tell on performance.

My results (3:1 SWR or lower listed - ATU used for any missing band space i.e. parts of 80m and using on 160m).

5 band antenna:
80m = 3.557MHz -3.671MHz (<3.0:1)
40m = Whole Band (<1.3:1)
20m = Whole Band (<2.2:1)
15m = Whole Band (<2.0:1)
12m = Whole Band (2.7:1)
10m = Whole Band (Reaches 3.0:1 @ 29.7MHz)

Modified 4 Band antenna

30m now as low as 4.3:1 -Easy job for the LDG Z-817.
17m = Whole Band (1.3 - 1.5:1)
10m (2.0:1 @ 28.0MHz - 3.0:1 @ 28.7MHz)

VA2DV Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2015 14:20 Send this review to a friend
New version even better  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It took several months but I was able to compare this antenna (5-bands) to a similar length loaded dipole. After extensive testing, I must say that I am impress by the HyEndFed. No feedline in the middle of the yard, 5 bands and some directivity on the higher bands. I have point NE to EU. It rival my Cushcraft R-5 on certain paths.
The new current version also include a valve on the matching network to avoid condensation inside.
First quality material. It is somehow more efficient than the 9:1 balun setups.
Nice quality-price ratio. Highly recommanded.
The loaded dipole is now gone.
N4OMG Rating: 4/5 Oct 13, 2015 04:51 Send this review to a friend
5 Band 200 Watt  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I choose this because it suited my needs for a stealth HF antenna. I have it over 30 feet high and nearly horizontal. I have it pointed 270 degrees (due west) I live in Charlotte NC. I use a Micom2B from the Civil Air Patrol non-ham frequencies in the 40 and 20 meter range with 100 watts. These radios are for wide area para-military tactical comm.

We have about 50 fixed channels that never change so we have three nets a day (morning, afternoon, evening). These are huge HF nets (up to 118 stations) calling in from all 50 states plus Puerto Rico.

If the conditions are good, I can hear stations in Wa State and Puerto Rico and can TX at least a 1000 mile radius and as close as 100 miles.

I use a MFJ-901B manual tuner with a Jetstream double needle SWR meter and 50 feet coax. I can keep all my SWR readings 2.5 or less with most 1:1 to 1:7.

Conclusion. It's a stealthy and convenient long wire configuration that works for me, however; let's see how it stands up to years of weather.

TF3JB Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2015 04:12 Send this review to a friend
I like this 30 meter antenna.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had this antenna now for almost a year, and used it both at home and in the field with good results.

I bought the 10 MHz version. It is 14 meters long, quite light and can handle up to 300W PEP. It is simple to erect, almost invisible in the air and an excellent radiator.

The antenna comes with a good manual with tips on the correct fixation. It also provides helpful suggestions for five different antenna placements. I have only used the horizontal placement in my experiments, but VSWR has been within specs in all cases.

This is my first experience with 1/2 wave end-fed antennas, but I am amazed at the effective performance and it seems to compare favorably with a dipole in the field. I have though yet to test it more thoroughly here at home and will report on that at a later date.

This product is from the Dutch HyEndCompany. I like their quality and also, that they acted promptly when I ordered their product. I am currently contemplating to order a multiband end-fed version from them.
M0GGK Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2015 07:12 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got the 10-15-20-40-80 model, 200w.

this is amazing, took two days to get to me in the post. Mine is up 15 meters and I didn't have to trim any wires etc.

Very impressed, ok a bit pricey but this is probably the best wire antenna I have purchased.

i worked Brail first time the other night, and in there awful conditions.

well done guys

Dave M0GGK
VA2DV Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2015 13:01 Send this review to a friend
Quality. period.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got the 10-15-20-40-80 model, 200w.

NL to my qth in Canada, 4 business days.

I bought this antenna as a temporary solution since I wanted a simple antenna that could be installed with one support. I am not dissapointed. The price is maybe a little high but you get a very high quality matching unit and all the hardware you may need.
I have put the antenna horizontaly at 25' between my house and a post in the backyard. I have added a common-mode choke at the feedpoint. I have very good results and flat swr on every bands that it covers. I worked Saudi Arabia with 10w (Phone !) last weekeed with it on 20m. Not out of this world but It tells me that the antenna is efficient. To my experience, the performance is as good or better than a multiband loaded dipole I had in the past at the same location. Except that I dont have the problem of the feedline in the middle of the yard with the associated length of coax cable. 70' feet of almost invisible wire, 5 bands, no tuner...not bad.

KD2HFN Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2015 22:56 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pretty new at HF radio. Got the 5 band 200 watt end fed based on reviews. 2nd day ever on HF (10 meter) and I get Canary Islands. I just threw the antenna in a tree and made an L. Room in the yard not nearly enough. But, it didn't matter. Great reports from local and afar. SWR is great. Antenna is well made. It shipped from Netherlands to New York in 4 days.
PB1A Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2015 11:48 Send this review to a friend
HyEndFed Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
For a few years a have a HyEndFed Antenna from the HyEndfed compagny in the Netherlands. Ik can tell you is the best antenna I have had in 25 years. Ik works on 10, 15 ,20 ,40 en 80 meters without a tuning system. I havo olso a ferry low noise level. String 2 till 3 or less. Before that a built all my antennas for more than 20 years bij my self. But thy works never so good as my HyEndFed Antenna a have hanging on 10 meters high on this moment.
You can find som info for more details in

Best 73 Anne PB1A (CW included)
DO5ST Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2015 10:54 Send this review to a friend
5 Band Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I own this great antenna since 2 weeks and it worked
really fine.
I live on a hill top high in the center of Stuttgart but i have not
a lot of ground around the house.
I install this 5 band antenna from my house to the house
opposite the street,25 feet high.
I had no antenna for 80 meter the last 3 years,for all the other
bands i use several dipol antennas.
On the last weekend i worked all over Germany with good
signals and 17 other countries in Europe and 3 in Africa.
This antenna from the Netherlands is a realy quality product and every penny worth.