Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Help

Reviews Summary for HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models)
HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models) Reviews: 43 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99
Description: End fed dipole antenna made of finest materials. Monoband or
multiband antennes up to legel limit power possible

You can write your own review of the HyEndFed Antenna (multiple models).

2E0RDA Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2016 10:08 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for small garden  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the 3 Band version (10/20/40) from Netherlands on Monday, and it arrived in the UK on Thursday morning. Easy to install, replaced my half size G5RV at about 20ft high in a horizontal position. Great quality materials and looks like it will last a long time. Shortened the wire at the coil end by 4cm to raise the resonant frequency as suggested by Ron (he actually suggested 3cm but thought I would go for 4cm). Supporting the matchbox at around 20ft by paracord to attchment on the chimney stack. Nice signals so far, SWR on 20M pretty flat on lower portion of the band, rising to about 1.4 at the top end. 40M pretty much 1.5 across the band. haven't tried 10M yet. Switched on the ATU on my KX2 and matched everything to an SWR of 1.1, even on 15M and 17M. Just waiting for band conditions to improve to really test this out. I really wanted to ask Ron some questions before purchasing, but could not find any sign of a contact email address on their website, which was a shame. Overall I am very satisfied.
PY1ZB Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2016 05:30 Send this review to a friend
HyEndFed 40/20/15/10 QRP  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm very impressed about quality of this antenna. I bought the 40/20/15/10m QRP antenna (ultralight), and as Ron oriented me, I put the network box about 3 meters above the ground, and the end of antenna at 6 meters high, in a slope design, using its original length size.

I got the following results:
40 meters (SWR best 1.1:1 , max 1.9:1)
20 meters (SWR best 1.1:1 , max 1.3:1)
15 meters (SWR best 1.2:1 , max 1.4:1)
10 meters (SWR best 1.3:1 , max 1.7:1)

That works so perfectly! This is a great antenna system. I recommend.
73 de PY1ZB (Roney)
M0XGB Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2016 00:44 Send this review to a friend
Ideal for a small lot  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the 11mtr version of this antenna which fits perfectly on my small bungalow. I have it installed in a sloping configuration with the feed end at approx 10 Mtrs and the other at 4 meters. I am convinced this is the best antenna I have had at this QTH and was more than surprised at how quiet the antenna was compared to dipoles that I have had up in the past. First contacts last night from UK into Ukraine, Italy and Malta all of which gave 5/9 reports in both directions. I can well reccomend this antenna if you are struggling for space which although is only a tri bander incidently tunes and appears to radiate on all bands 40-10m with and LDG AT100 Pro II Tuner.
K9DBV Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2016 13:35 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wonderful Performance! Wonderful Quality! Wonderful Customer Support.

I live in a condo so love low profile antennas. End-fed antenna are my favorite. I already had two HYend antennas for 40 meters and several PAR end fed antennas for other bands.

I ordered a special built 800 watt version of the four band 40,20,25, and 10 meter antenna so I could use my 600 watt amplifier AND also be able to operate other bands besides 40 meters without taking down one antenna and raising another..

I already owned two 40 meter only Hyend antenna and knew I would be getting top quality workmanship and performance.

My previous experience with other brand multiple band end-fed antennas had been disappointing as receive signal strength was usually 1.5 to 2 or more "s" units down compared to myHYend or PAR mono band end-fed antenna..especially my homebrew one based on a 9:1 UNUN.

No so with the four band HyEnd antenna. Compared to my QRO 40 model antenna receive signal levels were virtually the same the same.

Well worth the cost!
DJ7EC Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2016 15:02 Send this review to a friend
5 Band version - working great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
We had to move out of our house due to a water damage. Of course an antenna was needed at our temporary QTH so I decided not to take my equipment to build one with me but to order a Hyendfed from a German dealer. I read about those Hyendfeds earlier and thought this might be just another "wonder antenna". Well, nothing is further from the truth. Indeed the antenna is pricey but the quality is second to none. You get what you pay for and this antenna is certainly plug and play. I threw it from the balcony into the garden into a low tree and was on the air. SWR 1.1:1 on 80/40/20/15/10. Had a lot of DX QSOs in our 7 weeks stay there including EP2A on 3 bands and even VK0EK on 40m. A thing I didīt expect to happen. Wkd all continents easily with 100w and CW. Back home I installed the antenna in my backyard. Sloping down from the rooftop of my house to a 2.5m high pole. It is working fine on all 5 bands and a small LDG tuner does the job for the WARC bands and one sixty . I can highly recommend this antenna for people living in antenna ristricted areas. Mine is almost invisible. It replaced my old system wich consisted of an inverted L antenna with a CG-3000 in the feed point. It seems to pick up much less man made noise and I do get much better reports on Reverse Beacon Network. It is also pretty easy to build one by yourself, my Dad did, and is using it as a second antenna at his QTH. Even if I broke my habits for being a home brewer for many years I did not regret spending the money.
SV1HEP Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2016 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Top Quality Top Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
HyEndFed 8 band antenna for 80,40 (30) 20,17,15,12 and 10 meter 800watts !!

Yes. This model works amazing.
I placed this antenna with my uncertainty about the performance. I live in a city with plenty of electrical noise and lack of space for any other type of antenna I thought it would be nice to i try at last and this type of antenna.

So this is my review.
First of all Mr Ron makes a wonderful job. The constructing technique and materials it's a top quality.
After that in any question may you have about the products they him stay in customer side all the time any time to give any info and help.

The performance
I installed the antenna on the terace and about 5 meters high and totally horizontally.
My building is a five floors high and 45 meters long. My apartment is on one side and the antenna fits perfectly for the 39,5 meters of it's total length.

The SWR it's low in to the all bands as described by constructor sheets, and confirming that by my self with an SARK-110 Antenna Analyzer.

I need to cut some cm of wire because the antenna has the lower SWR in to the lower sides of bands.
Don't worry about cutting. The calibration effects in one all bands together without any bad surprise.

The results

What i can say. I have make contacts with a lot of DX station like VK0EK, FT4JA etc. If you like to see my last months contacts look in my call sign in
No words to describe the performance.

So. For the final. This antenna performs excellent in mid bands, a little lower or same to dipole in lower bands, and same to dipole in high bands.
But who needs a roof full of wires when cover all ham bands with only one ? No one i believe.
I will only dwell on one point which I can not confirm if it is due to the antenna or as I describe above to my noisy city. Perhaps both.
Compared overall with a tuned dipole antenna the hyendfed is more noisy in the receiver. I believe that in the assets is the only drawback. Of course in areas with scarce electric city noise be completely different the overall noise level.

You have restricted space? Yoy need one wire for multi band operation ? You have an wild and angry neighbor who looks at your antennas with suspicion.

The solution is a nice Hyendfed antenna for all flavors.

Chris SV1HEP

p.s Forgive my poor English language. I speek Greek better. hi hi !
VE3TCV Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2016 08:55 Send this review to a friend
Top notch quality and performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This review is for the HyEndFed Dualband 40/80 1200 Watt model.

This is the second antenna I have ordered from Hyendfed as it is best so far, i love end fed antennas as they are easy to install and are just about invisible. The build quality is rugged and heavy duty, the parts are top quality , I expect no corrosion and years of service just from looking at it.
This antenna replaced a 80/40 Bazooka dipole that was just not performing well, I also live in an area with a high amounts of noise on the lower bands. This antenna has better signal properties than my old Bazooka and a lower noise level, my noise level has dropped from 9dB to about 3dB while retaining signal strength.
The antenna easily takes 1Kw of power from my amplifier, I have the antenna paired to a Hyhendfed low band line isolator which eliminates all noise coming back into my shack. The antenna was easy to tune, I managed to get both bands to an SWR of under 1.5:1 very quickly.
K1PJR Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2016 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Very nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the 40-10 version. Put it up today. Work HI,Venezuela and Guinea (ATNO). Have it in a slopper configuration. Outperforms my vertical. Very happy camper. Ron does excellent work. Will definitely buy from him in the future.
N6DMR Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2016 07:19 Send this review to a friend
5 Band - 200w Version - Excellent!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have had this antenna for about 8 months. Works very well on all 5 bands, using an LDG-RT100 tuner at the matchbox.

I use in on my Motorhome as a modified inverted "L" style. Matchbox is at approximately 6 feet high on the rear side of my coach, straight up to 44ft on a telescoping fiberglas pole then across the length of the Motorhome to a front telescoping pole up at 32ft. This allows the end coil to be horizontal at the front pole top with a few feet of the matching tail falling vertical.

This setup really works well, if I can hear a station I can usually make the contact. Even in minor pile ups I seem to get a fast response and strong audio reports.

Had my FT-817ND on it last week and was talking from Florida to Texas with just 5 watts. Audio was reported as if it was 100 watts out. Talked for about 20 minutes in tight band conditions.

Kudos to Ron and his folks for a very effective antenna.

DK5EW Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2015 02:47 Send this review to a friend
worth every penny  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I own this antenna model 2015 now for a while. I placed it on the roof and hang it up to a tree next to. I made measurements with my VNA analyzer and I can repeat the company measurements. I work 90% in digital modes and I contact the whole world with this antenna. Now in winter I do not see any changing of the SWR also with some snow or ice on it. If interested check my measurements at