Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Ameritrom AWM-35H Remote Peak Reading SWR/Wattmeter Help

Reviews Summary for Ameritrom AWM-35H Remote Peak Reading SWR/Wattmeter
Ameritrom AWM-35H Remote Peak Reading SWR/Wattmeter Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $159.95
Description: Ameritron's flat Mobile Peak Reading SWR/Wattmeter is just 1 5/8. thick -- easily mounts on your dashboard for easy viewing. Flat mount on wall or shelf in your ham shack for best viewing angle. Remote sensor with 25 feet thin, flexible cable lets you place sensor and coax out-of-the-way. Handles full 1000 Watts, 1.8-30 MHz. Lighted Cross-Needle meter. Active electronics lets you read true peak or average power in 1000/100 Watt ranges. High SWR LED. 5W x 3H x1 5/8D -- sensor is 3Wx2H x2D. Use 9V battery or 12 VDC. I am using mine in my mobile with an Alinco DX-SR8T HF transceiver and a Lil Tarheel II Screwdriver Antenna.
More info: http://www.ameritron.com/Product.php?productid=AWM-35H

You can write your own review of the Ameritrom AWM-35H Remote Peak Reading SWR/Wattmeter.

KC5MO Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2015 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for mobile use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a small watt meter that I could mount in my truck and found the Ameritron AWM-35H ( 100W version ) and it made the install much more driver friendly. Mounting was done with a bracket that I fabricated to fit between the headliner and roof and has holes for the screws and stud on the sun visor so it stays put and I can quickly get a reading without totally looking away from the road. The cable is tucked behind the pillar trim and fed to the Havis Shield console where the sending unit is located. I also modified the meter box with a dimmer control ( potentiometer ) for the LED which is to bright for night driving. I would like to see a UV LED with luminescent markings and needles as an option or even a revision with a dimmer built in. I gave it a 5 because it made remote mounting a watt meter VERY easy with only a CAT5 patch cable. The peak reading is good, but it has to settle down to be accurate. The red LED for SWR is a nice feature and can be set to your liking. I would recommend the AWM-35 to anyone.

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2011 20:02 Send this review to a friend
Great for a remote mounted radio chassis  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am using mine with an Alinco DX-SR8T HF transceiver and my Lil Tarheel II screwdriver antenna. Simple hookup with a single CAT5 type cable from the remote sensor to the display unit.