Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | OUTBACKER OUTREACH ANTENNA Help

Reviews Summary for OUTBACKER OUTREACH ANTENNA
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $449.00
Description: 12 FT., 80-10, 500 WATT MOBILE/PORTABLE ANTENNA
More info: http://outbackerantennas.com/pdf/OUTREACH500.pdf

You can write your own review of the OUTBACKER OUTREACH ANTENNA.

K3MOV Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2011 00:10 Send this review to a friend
Good helically wound antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Because of its 12 ft. height, I have never used this antenna mobile while my vehicle was moving. However, when I place the antenna in the middle of the roof of my Camry with a mag mount and operate close to a salt water beach it can't be beat on 20 meters during stationary operation. I have never called a station who didn't return my call on the first or second attempt nor have I ever called CQ several times without getting a good DX response. Obviously the height of the antenna and and its location on the roof help immensely, as does the proximity to salt water. But if someone tells you that helically wound antennas cannot work well mobile or portable under the proper conditions, you can take it from me they are dead wrong. I realize that even a wet string will get out under certain setups and propagation, but when you hear over and over again reports stating that they cannot believe I am using a mobile antenna rest assured helically wound antennas are not as inefficient as some would have you believe.