Reviews Categories | QSL printers; callsign badge engravers; etc. | W7NN QSL Kit Help

Reviews Summary for W7NN QSL Kit
W7NN QSL Kit Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $12.00 per 100 sheets
Description: QslKit Custom at home printing of YourQSL's
More info: http://www.hamstuff.com

You can write your own review of the W7NN QSL Kit.

W5CPT Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2010 09:16 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Besides being the fastest way to get QSL cards, I love the fact that I can customize my cards. I have about 6 different designs for different purposes. I have a multiple contact card for DXepeditions where I have worked them on many bands and modes. I have one for County Hunters and one for VHF contacts. One fellow said you can get generic post cards for less. He is incorrect as post cards are 5.5" X 4.5" while QSL cards are 5.5" X 3.5" and will not fit in standard QSL card holders.

VE3BHZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2001 13:42 Send this review to a friend
Another upgrade  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
KA9OKT is a little off base about the Avery postcards. They sell them in packages of 50 sheets with 4 per sheet, each card being 5.5 by 4.5 so you get 200 cards but they are too big and you have to cut them down to 3.5 by 5.5 which is the standard QSL size. On the other hand W7NN packages 100 sheets with 4 cards per sheet 3.5 by 5.5 ( i.e. 400 cards considerably cheaper). The small problem of non printable areas can be almost eliminated with judicial design of the card and cheating on the print set-up. I am now on my second package from W7NN and my original assesment of this product has changed. My first complaint was the flimsy card stock but I was wrong, true they are not heavy duty but a considerable upside is "less weight less postage" especially when you send a few hundred cards to the outgoing bureau.Take a look at the W7NN web site and see some of the samples displayed there, it is quite surprising what you can do with this product. My only advice is to order the white stock if you are planning to use graphics on the card.
"Try it you'll like it"

KA9OKT Rating: 2/5 Sep 24, 2001 20:17 Send this review to a friend
What's the point?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Why purchase the W7NN QSL Kit at $12/100 cards when you can go to any office supply store and buy Avery InkJet 8387 postcards which are exactly the same. You get 200 cards for $19 (according to the Office Depot web site).

You do get a floppy with QSL making templates from W7NN where you won't from an office supply store. The Avery postcards come with templates for many software packages.

I have found though that 4 up postcards don't really work for QSL cards because you have to waste so much of each card because the printer won't print all the way to the edge of the card. 2 up or 3 up centered would have been much better.

K1JN Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2000 18:43 Send this review to a friend
Roll your own QSLs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you enjoy printing your own QSL cards or just need a small run of custom cards for a special event, consider the W7NN custom QSL kit. For $12.00 plus shipping you get 100 sheets that will produce 4 cards per sheet. They are available in white or ivory. I just ran 400 cards using a Deskjet printer and had no problems with jamming or smudging. Included is a disk with templates for several common software applications. This product fit my needs and eliminated the hassle of ordering a small run of custom cards.