Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Maple Leaf Studios End Fed Easy-Tenna 160-6 meters Help

Reviews Summary for Maple Leaf Studios End Fed Easy-Tenna 160-6 meters
Maple Leaf Studios End Fed Easy-Tenna 160-6 meters Reviews: 24 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $41.99 for the antenna alone, 61.
Description: Commercially available Multi-Band End Fed Antenna that covers 160-6 meters. Hand assembled in the US by Bruce Beckett, NU0R. The antenna consists of a 53' wire and a specially designed matching device that the wire, as well as the coax connects to. The matching device (resembles a balun) has a connector for a ground or ground radials, however they are optional (not required). Bruce sells an array of wire antennas on Ebay under the seller name mapleleafstudios. He can also be reached at his email address in QRZ, hamnfool@yahoo.com

You can write your own review of the Maple Leaf Studios End Fed Easy-Tenna 160-6 meters.

N2XPM Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2016 18:13 Send this review to a friend
WOWSER  Time owned: more than 12 months
Was using a shorter version of this end-fed which tended to making my signal soft on 80 meters. Sent Bruce an email and he suggested that I increase the length to either 72, 88 or 92 feet. A couple of days ago, I elected to extend the length to 88 feet. All I can say is "Wow" what a difference, I can hear them I can work them. Works well 10-80 with no problems using a MFJ-939 tuner and my Kenwood TS-50 radio....Thanks Bruce!

KF5WVJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2016 09:35 Send this review to a friend
Better than I thought  Time owned: more than 12 months
What I have is the 117' version and the line isolator on a KW TS-480 SAT and an MFJ-941c tuner.Purchased 11/2014.This has been an outstanding compromise antenna for me since I had a minimal budget starting out with my Gen Ticket and had to purchase everything to get started on HF.I have made 798 contacts in 99 countries since putting this up. Got my WAS,WAC,Grid² in my first year as General.Some of my furthest QSO'S were actual 5/9 contacts in Japan,Australia,New Zealand.This antenna's match box is attached 12' up on the side of the house with the wire end about 25'up in a tree oriented NW. I have a 65' wire attached to the counterpoise terminal running at about a 100° angle to the antenna wire about 18' up in another tree(similar to a dipole). With my MFJ tuner I can tune all bands, with the auto tuner in the KW I can tune all but 15,12&40, it even tunes 160 and I have a few 160 contacts. So,for a compromise antenna I think it works better than all the other inexpensive ones I have tried.I keep looking at other antennas to replace this one with and so far I haven't found anything that will work as good in its place,except to maybe lower the noise floor a little...

KB3H Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2016 00:43 Send this review to a friend
Impressive Skywire  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Purchased this for use at a HOA restricted seaside QTH. Used in conjunction with Bruce's RF choke - the wire meanders around shingles and soffit, as well as up-and-down an aluminum flagpole and finally a length of porch railing, Am very happy with its performance - tunes nicely with the Orion II's AT on all bands (have not tried it on 6 meters) in this bizarre, random configuration.

Prompt shipping, and unit is solid and well-built.

W7MCK Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2015 13:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the Easy-Tenna when I first started with my Generals on HF.
I've tried lots of other antennas except for beams and I always go back to this one.
I've gotten great reports and people cant believe that this is what I run.
I recently bought an amplifier, so I had to upgrade from the Easy-Tenna which only is rated at 250w to the QSO King which is rated at 1500w.
The QSO King is just as good or better!
Bruce also sells a line isolator rated at 1500w. Get it, it really helps with stray RF.

K9PLK Rating: 1/5 Aug 2, 2015 17:25 Send this review to a friend
MAPLELEAF MINI RATED AT 1.5 KW G5RV 160-6  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought it off of him from EBay and worst antenna I ever bought! I really don't buy any antennas from EBay but was pressed for time and wanted to get on 75/80 meters could get a low swr but couldn't be heard! Had the antenna up 40 ft used a Heath kit sb 2000 AND SWR SKYROCKETED! Never again! Built my own regular sized dipole and found LOOK WHAT YOU BEEN MISSING! I WAS HEARD AGAIN!!!!! BUYERS BEWARE ON THIS ONE!

KD0CA Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2015 14:08 Send this review to a friend
Easy-Tenna used at my Texas winter home  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought an Easy-Tenna with a 44 feet end fed wire and a line isolator from Bruce NU0R before coming to my mobile home in Texas this winter. The line he supplied is VERY strong, but I replaced it with a lighter + longer 18 gauge insulated wire so it would be less visible and affected less by the wind.

I use a 59 foot wire now which just fits my tiny property here. It is fed with 22 feet of coax and is deployed as an inverted L wire. The vertical leg is 16 feet high on the north end and the far south end is only 10 feet high. My mobile home is metal-sided, so I wasn't sure it would perform well.

However, it tunes up VERY well with the ATU inside my Icom 703+ from 80 through 6 meters. All the SWRs on the rig's meter are 1:1 except on 80 M where it's about 1.4:1. I've had many pleasant QRP chats in the digital modes within the continental US plus I've had a few DX QSOs with Caribbean and European Hams (on 20 & 15 M).

Bruce's workmanship is without parallel and my advice is it is worth the price. I'd buy another without mulling it over. In fact I probably will get another one for my Iowa QTH and replace my old homebrew end fed wire.

AF5DN Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2014 06:57 Send this review to a friend
My bad  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Update to my previous post. I replaced the MFJ manual tuner with an LDG auto tuner and 160 tuned up just fine.

So… for me it tunes up on ALL HF frequencies. Great!

K1PJR Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2014 14:27 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this antenna for a year. UNUN is mounted 10 feet up on the side if my house. The wire slopes up to about 35 feet. I've logged 60 countries and 25 states. My best catches were Kuwait and Namibia. May not be a world beater but it just keeps working. Logged St. Lucia last night. I use a Palstar AT2KD tuner and I can get a match from 10-160. Usually in the 1.5:1 range. For the money and performance it can't be beat.

AK4LP Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2013 12:29 Send this review to a friend
It works better than advertised!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the 98' version of this antenna off ebay along with a line isolator. I have it mounted on a slope from my deck to a tree, from about 10' to about 30' high. Took me maybe 2 hours to install it, no ground or radials needed. I am able to tune every band from 160 to 6 with my TS-480 SAT's internal tuner, down to a low SWR on all bands. I can make contacts all day long with this antenna, on any band that I like! In addition, this is a well made antenna. For about $100 I have an antenna that does everything that I ask of it. Plus it is hard to see from 50 feet away, so it is stealthy. Highly recommended!

N4PTC Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2013 16:01 Send this review to a friend
Using as an inverted V  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the 120ft. end fed 160-6m antenna. So far it has been a great addition to my setup. I wanted to get on 160m as winter approaches, so I opted for this antenna. I built a 135ft inverted L myself and tried it. It worked fine but I did want something a little more time tested. The antenna is well made and contains solid materials. I added a 135ft counterpoise to help out on the low bands even though it is not required with this antenna. I have nothing but good things to report. Very reasonably priced.