Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Palstar HF-AUTO Help

* Load into a 10:1 SWR from 1.8 to 54 Mhz
* NO CI-V cables required
* Tunes on SSB
* Digital Display...no analog metering
* Remotable... up to 400'!
More info: http://www.palstar.com/hf-auto.php

You can write your own review of the Palstar HF-AUTO.

KF7QLQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2013 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Very nice tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am very pleased with the HF-Auto. Very simple operation works for me. Tuning is within seconds and I bounce around allot. Build quality is superb. I will have this piece of equipment for a long time. Prior to purchase I had several conversations with Paul and he answered every question at a level that I could understand and appreciate. I purchased locally at HRO and it was loaded with the current release. Expensive but I believe one gets what you pay for.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2013 18:19 Send this review to a friend
THE BEST!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Should not be writing this so soon, but this AUTO-TUNER took me back some, hooked it up and started programing it, easy to do an boy does it work smooth, been using a LDG 1000 PRO for about 5 years now and it has served me well, over the last few weeks it started acting up a little sometimes but sill was doing a good job I thought. Well change these tuners out today because I wanted 3 antenna outlets instead of 2 which the Palstar has. This AUTO TUNER is in a whole different League. It tunes my antenna FLAT first time every time, did read the manual but did not need to. its that EASY for an old guy that (OVER THE HILL) and then sum hmmm............... KB6HRT

VE3XKD Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2013 15:27 Send this review to a friend
Worth the money!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I love this tuner. There was very fast delivery from the on-line EBay store. Previously had SGC, Tokyo Hi-Power and several manual tuners. It can tune just about anything. Very well built, and obvious hi quality. It is very intuitive to learn. Didn't need to read the manual at all. Best of all, it is so quiet compared to the Tokyo Hi-Power and provides a much wider range for tuning. I love the display, I'm selling my three other tuners because this one 'is the best' !

W7AV Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2013 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You get what you pay for with this tuner. Easy to operate, change bands quickly, can handle 1.5 KW, and allows me to work 160m without having to retune every 5 KHz. I got tired of waiting for Alpha's auto-tuner and really this tuner does everything I need, like I don't need a Smith Chart. My only suggestion is a more in depth manual, something like I got with the Palstar AT-4K.

K6HR Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2013 23:48 Send this review to a friend
Finally a REAL tuner!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Now I can go anywhere, thanks to the HF-AUTO! I tried the so-called top of the line LDG tuner, and the MFJ auto tuners and they couldn't tune my Mosley TA33-JR WARC or my inverted V on every band. The Palstar HF-AUTO tunes everywhere! For the first time I can work all of 160 and 80m. Wow! The best SWR I've ever had. Typically 1.1 or better everywhere I tune! Worth every penny! I really like the built-in automatic antenna switch. The HF-AUTO is without a doubt the best tuner I've ever used. Also fast and quiet! I wish I could give it a 10

KH6DC Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2013 20:36 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well had this thing for several years now. Got it from Palstar direct when it first came out and it's been working very well. Went through all the firmware upgrades and never looked back. Had a problem with tuning on 80m where ferrite beads on the power cable solved it. It tunes 160-6m perfectly and tunes my verticals, dipoles, g5rv and hex antennas. It's built like a fine luxury automobile or a fine swiss watch. Expensive but worth every penny.

NA6D Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2013 04:52 Send this review to a friend
Expensive but worth it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the unit directly from Palstar. Set up was easy and handles tuning on all bands flawlessly. The construction is very good indeed. The AT-40 is built to last a very long time. As opposed to some other auto tuners, the unit is quiet while tuning. It is expensive to be sure, but in this case, you do get what you pay for. Very happy with purchase.

W6NFL Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2013 13:41 Send this review to a friend
Expensive and Worth It  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ive had Palstar products in the shack for many years now and all are of top notch quality/performance. The HF-Auto is really expensive but wow what a tuner! No loud clacking relays as its tuning and loads even my G5RV on all bands to a perfect match! Basically its a manual tuner inside but controlled by a CPU. It hooks up just like any tuner and is RF sensitive so no interface cables needed. Great addition to the shack.

N0AZZ Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2013 01:56 Send this review to a friend
Never a Problem of any Kind  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
First let me say this is my 4th Palstar tuner started with an AT1KP then a AT2K,AT4K everyone a flawless tuner.

Then last year I sold my FTDX-5000MP and VL-1000 amp and bought 2 Elecraft K3's 1 Elecraft KPA500 amp and a Alpha 87A amp. At the same time ordered the Alpha 4040 auto tuner due for future release (soon I hope) as the Palstar is only good for 1500w.

So I bought the HF-Auto till the 4040 was delivered and thought I would sell it then,, but that is not going to happen now. It will stay as a backup I also have the Elecraft KAT500 auto tuner it can fill in for either of those.

I have it setup in a SO2R fashion where it tunes 3 multi-band antennas and 2 wire antennas with the Alpha. It has worked great every time used and remembers the antennas well if you stay on one for very long and the steppir motors are very quiet.

KC2WTG Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2013 04:31 Send this review to a friend
great tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
had my hf auto for week now like to say real nice tuner i also have ldg and mfj tuners in the past did not work to well on 160m 75/80m like to its few more dollers but you like the tuner had the ver 1.22 went the ver 1.23 very nice well made i very happy