Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Palstar HF-AUTO Help

* Load into a 10:1 SWR from 1.8 to 54 Mhz
* NO CI-V cables required
* Tunes on SSB
* Digital Display...no analog metering
* Remotable... up to 400'!
More info: http://www.palstar.com/hf-auto.php

You can write your own review of the Palstar HF-AUTO.

HB9AZT Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2014 07:24 Send this review to a friend
A real keeper...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received mine direct from USA, rattling noise inside when unboxing the tuner. Found the plastic pylons supporting the roller inductor floating around inside the tuner. After replacing this not very genious fixing by some solid vinyl-screws and nuts, the setup was very easy. Some very interesting and helpful features in the tuner, e.g. possible tuning power up to 100 watts, important for some commercial transceivers with lowest power setting of 100 watts, tuning locks when operating high power, so no bad surprises by undesired automatic tuning. Tuning range seems to be wide, could match a 21m long dipole on all bands and saved Settings are recalled in a few seconds. The tuner really takes QRO-Power even from a "hard" Transceiver like the R&S XK2900, no firing inside when bringing full power and even good matching on 160m. If you need a good "line flattener" for your coax-driven antennas, the search is over and I think this tuner will be a real keeper for QRO-stations. Did some measuring of tuner losses on a remote Receiver, no significant difference between bypassing and engaging the tuner. This tuner completed by a weather-proof containment and a web supported remote control would dominate the market!

KC0KW Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2014 11:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Unit, Well worth the extra money  Time owned: more than 12 months
In my situation my antenna is a limiting factor because of my HOA. This tuner has made all the difference. It is built like a tank and has no problems handling high power with a poor antenna. Many of the features you get are not mentioned in most of the sales lit. I like to let the auto tuner get me close and then manually tune to perfection. This tuner lets me do that and it memorizes my settings on each frequency. I never expected the built in frequency counter. The unit has a digital SWR meter that is great to use as a reference when comparing a change I made to the antenna. It also has an analog SWR display I use when in manual tune and a nice digital watt meter. This is a very high quality unit and has made my operations quick and easy. If you look at all the things it offers it is easy to see why it cost a little more. I am very pleased.

W9OWO Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2014 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Free firmware upgrades continue to increase value of investment  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a followup to my 12/2012 review. After v.1.27 upgrade, I thought it couldn't get any better! Well, Palstar came along with v.1.29 (skipped v.1.28) and it's like NEW all over again. It's amazing how Palstar keeps improving the operation of this tuner, keeping me from even looking at another tuner. This machine is built like a tank! I doubt if I'll ever want to replace it. Undoubtedly, the best investment in the hobby that I've ever made! Thanks, Palstar!

KF7QLQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2013 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Very nice tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am very pleased with the HF-Auto. Very simple operation works for me. Tuning is within seconds and I bounce around allot. Build quality is superb. I will have this piece of equipment for a long time. Prior to purchase I had several conversations with Paul and he answered every question at a level that I could understand and appreciate. I purchased locally at HRO and it was loaded with the current release. Expensive but I believe one gets what you pay for.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2013 18:19 Send this review to a friend
THE BEST!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Should not be writing this so soon, but this AUTO-TUNER took me back some, hooked it up and started programing it, easy to do an boy does it work smooth, been using a LDG 1000 PRO for about 5 years now and it has served me well, over the last few weeks it started acting up a little sometimes but sill was doing a good job I thought. Well change these tuners out today because I wanted 3 antenna outlets instead of 2 which the Palstar has. This AUTO TUNER is in a whole different League. It tunes my antenna FLAT first time every time, did read the manual but did not need to. its that EASY for an old guy that (OVER THE HILL) and then sum hmmm............... KB6HRT

VE3XKD Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2013 15:27 Send this review to a friend
Worth the money!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I love this tuner. There was very fast delivery from the on-line EBay store. Previously had SGC, Tokyo Hi-Power and several manual tuners. It can tune just about anything. Very well built, and obvious hi quality. It is very intuitive to learn. Didn't need to read the manual at all. Best of all, it is so quiet compared to the Tokyo Hi-Power and provides a much wider range for tuning. I love the display, I'm selling my three other tuners because this one 'is the best' !

W7AV Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2013 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
You get what you pay for with this tuner. Easy to operate, change bands quickly, can handle 1.5 KW, and allows me to work 160m without having to retune every 5 KHz. I got tired of waiting for Alpha's auto-tuner and really this tuner does everything I need, like I don't need a Smith Chart. My only suggestion is a more in depth manual, something like I got with the Palstar AT-4K.

K6HR Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2013 23:48 Send this review to a friend
Finally a REAL tuner!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Now I can go anywhere, thanks to the HF-AUTO! I tried the so-called top of the line LDG tuner, and the MFJ auto tuners and they couldn't tune my Mosley TA33-JR WARC or my inverted V on every band. The Palstar HF-AUTO tunes everywhere! For the first time I can work all of 160 and 80m. Wow! The best SWR I've ever had. Typically 1.1 or better everywhere I tune! Worth every penny! I really like the built-in automatic antenna switch. The HF-AUTO is without a doubt the best tuner I've ever used. Also fast and quiet! I wish I could give it a 10

KH6DC Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2013 20:36 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well had this thing for several years now. Got it from Palstar direct when it first came out and it's been working very well. Went through all the firmware upgrades and never looked back. Had a problem with tuning on 80m where ferrite beads on the power cable solved it. It tunes 160-6m perfectly and tunes my verticals, dipoles, g5rv and hex antennas. It's built like a fine luxury automobile or a fine swiss watch. Expensive but worth every penny.

NA6D Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2013 04:52 Send this review to a friend
Expensive but worth it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the unit directly from Palstar. Set up was easy and handles tuning on all bands flawlessly. The construction is very good indeed. The AT-40 is built to last a very long time. As opposed to some other auto tuners, the unit is quiet while tuning. It is expensive to be sure, but in this case, you do get what you pay for. Very happy with purchase.