Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Palstar HF-AUTO Help

* Load into a 10:1 SWR from 1.8 to 54 Mhz
* NO CI-V cables required
* Tunes on SSB
* Digital Display...no analog metering
* Remotable... up to 400'!
More info: http://www.palstar.com/hf-auto.php

You can write your own review of the Palstar HF-AUTO.

WA0HHX Rating: 5/5 May 17, 2016 10:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent results  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Gave up on the Alpha 4040. After reading about this tuner and then the almost universally good reviews I purchased it direct from PalStar. I have had it in line for a couple of months. I endorse all the other 5/5 reviews that you read here. It was very easy to set up and provides a very quick and accurate match. I use it with a 5 band 4 element quad. Produces quick matches and almost instant tuning. The watts and frequency readout are quite close (but do not always 100% match the readings on my watt meters and/or vfo readout on my TS-990). Even so they are within 50-100 watts on the kw+ high end and a few kc on frequency. But that's not what I bought it for. Difficult to imagine that you could find a better auto tuner at the price (or any price!). I wonder if maybe Alpha figured that out as well and I have several alpha amps and the new alpha wattmeter. All great products. No disgrace in being beaten to the punch on the tuner and recognizing it. Highly recommended.

WA5WA Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2016 17:31 Send this review to a friend
The Best Auto Ant. Tuner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I just bought the 2nd Palstar HF-tuner for my Kenwood radio, it Fast (less than 4 seconds to tune for the most bands), nice design and has a watt meter. Highly recommend to have this Auto tuner.

K0WA Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2016 09:33 Send this review to a friend
Very Impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had the unit for less than a week, but I have been operating quite a bit. I am very impressed with the unit. Fits well into the shack and works very well. Was able to match all my antennas including my so-called Inverted-L which is more of a sagging Inverted-L. The unit is very quiet and I was expecting more "tuning" noise from the stepper motors. Setup easy. Right out of the box with no changes and it started to work like advertised. I am replacing a AT2K tuner which replaced a CV1500. I have had Palstar tuners for a long time. The unit is not cheap, but it does what is advertised and so far it seems to do it well. It is a big box and more long that it is wide. It is easy to learn and has all the features one would want in a tuner. The HF-Auto does require a 12 volts supply that can handle about 5 amps when tuning. I have used the tuner with my AL-82 at 1200 watts output and had no issues at all. Tuning time is acceptable, a lot faster than what I could do manually. I purchase the unit direct from Palstar after calling them with a question. They discounted the price to me and I then made the purchase. Shipping was quick. Very good service, So, far it is a keeper. I will check back later after using it for several months.

G3OZN Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2016 08:00 Send this review to a friend
JUST THE BEST!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just upgraded from the 1500CV and WOW what an addition to the station, can not fault the unit in any way, it does EXACTLY as their blurb says. I tunes my 211ft LW on 160 80 & 40 and " cleans" up the Steppir 32ft vertical and 3 ele Yagi at 60ft. One observation (not a criticism!) the handbook does not seem to sufficiently describe the memory storage and recall, might be me! I have tried the Yahoo site on this unit but ahem "certain ladies adverts " come up and far to long in the tooth to be of any use to me!If anyone cares to send me a "dummies" guide or direct to a suitable write up I would appreciate it.

NY1H Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2016 06:58 Send this review to a friend
Best Tuner I ever had  Time owned: more than 12 months
After speaking to Dave N2IRO I thought it was time to go with this legal limit Auto tuner with remote. I have it mounted in a NEMA 4 cabinet outside under my deck at the base of my tower. It has worked in temps ranging from -20 to 100+ degrees F with no issues. It has tuned several different dipoles of my own design and a few commercial dipoles at legal limit without any issues. I honestly believe it will tune a wet string. Like all Palstar tuners it is built like a tank. I have owned a TenTec 238b, Drake,MFJ 998c [POS] and many others, and nothing comes close to this battle ship. Great Job PALSTAR

KB3SI Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2016 19:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I decided to move up to an auto tuner from my TenTec 238B, I went with the HF Auto. All of the reviews on eHam that I read turned out to be accurate. This tuner finds the correct match and does so very quickly. Very well built. I am very happy with the HF Auto.

KC9YY Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2016 11:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellant  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had several tuners through my 50 plus years in amateur radio, but nothing compares to the Palstar HF-AUTO.
Easy to set up and operate.
If I could give it a 10, I would.
It the best that I have ever operated.

VE3TCV Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2016 20:58 Send this review to a friend
Unbelievable piece of machinery!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It took me a while to ponder and think about this purchase as my old Palstar AT2K tuner was working very well. The downside of manual tuning is that you need to mark or document tuner settings for each band, sometimes multiple settings for each band. Getting your settings wrong could damage your radio or amplifier and after spending money on a solid state amplifier I really did not want to risk damaging it. With this tuner I simply go to a frequency, key up my radio with a 10w CW SSB carrier until the Palstar tunes which usually takes less than 4 seconds. After tuning is complete I press "Operate" on my amplifier and off I go, it couldn't simpler and safer. The tuner has a very wide tuning range, most relay auto tuners can only match up to a 3:1, this Palstar can tune just about anything I throw at it, it can even tune my 6M-20M beam for 160M!!

This tuner is not cheap by any means, but knowing that is the last tuner I will ever need makes it a wise investment.

N7ZM Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2016 11:48 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Tuner!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I finally bit the bullet and granduated from my older Palstar AT-1500DT tuner. It was a great tuner and my backup now in the closet. Bought a used Palstar HF-Auto and wow! what an outstanding tuner. My only question is, "Why did I wait so long?" Manual tuning is a thing of the past now for me. Paul outdid himself on this fantantic tuner. The office help under Eve is the best also. It was a breeze to upgrade the firware also. My only advise is, if your hesitating go for it, you won't be sorry.

W2PP Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2015 12:04 Send this review to a friend
I use HF auto R and HF Auto  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the HF auto AND the HFautoR. I have the remote head here on the ham table and the tuner 380 feet away at the antenna tower. I must say its a fantastic tuner. I cannot add to the superlatives already out there. I'll just say the remote ability of this is BEYOND awesome. It will work out to 500 feet away and as I said I have mine at 380 feet. Its like it was right on the table. Just just just fantastic. I will NEVER sell this piece of equipment. Fast, accurate and reliable.