Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Palstar HF-AUTO Help

* Load into a 10:1 SWR from 1.8 to 54 Mhz
* NO CI-V cables required
* Tunes on SSB
* Digital Display...no analog metering
* Remotable... up to 400'!
More info: http://www.palstar.com/hf-auto.php

You can write your own review of the Palstar HF-AUTO.

K8EO Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2014 18:39 Send this review to a friend
Available at My SK Estate sale (hopefully Many yrs from Now)  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been licensed for 38 years now. Items come and go in my shack, but this tuner is going NOWHERE. It will be with me until I check out. I have had auto tuners, manual tuners, many of them over the years.

I have never bought a better ham product than this; tuner, radio antenna or anything, period.

Available for purchase at My S.K. Estate sale hopefully MANY yrs form now...

KA5M Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2014 09:53 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a high performance quality auto antenna "tuner". Easy to install, and easier to use. It will match complex impedances that my previous high-pass "T" manual tuner and then a reconfigurable high-pass, low-pass "L" manual tuner could not.

G0MJK Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2014 08:14 Send this review to a friend
Superb tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having been a ham for over 25 years many tuners have been through my hands including a couple of auto tuners but none can compare with the HF-Auto. It tunes anything I throw at it perfectly and I have used it with my Drake L7, Acom 1000 and now SPC Expert K1-FA amplifiers to good effect. It is important to read the instruction book as it only requires low power rf to tune which it does in seconds. Yes it is expensive but worth every penny, if you buy one you will not quickly part with it.

AB2IR Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2014 04:25 Send this review to a friend
Love it  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not a big detail person of pros or cons for all antenna applications, but this unit I love ! Key up and it tunes in roughly two to five seconds 99% of the time. Once in awhile, and I think it is moisture on antenna, it takes 3x to tune. This is always on antenna I hardly use. One possible improvement of use, would be to have a single button up front for straight by-pass mode. Have to switch display to do it now, four button pushes. If you can afford it, beats out all the rest in my view. Using Tentec omni7, mosler tribander, sloper, and other ant. with Ameritron ALS-1300 solid state amp. Would buy again.

WA4FOM Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2014 13:45 Send this review to a friend
My second HF-AUTO. Works fine, lasts a long time!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I reviewed the HF-AUTO before, and my opinions
stand. I ordered a second one mainly to take
advantage of the hardware upgrades and the
ability to continue updating the firmware.
I'll most likely keep the old one as a backup,
especially as it is still performing flawlessly.

VE6AMI Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2014 20:08 Send this review to a friend
Practical & Robust Unit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pushing this tuner hard with full output from Alpha amplifier on RTTY. No issues, tunes quick and seldom needs to do a retune. Expensive, but worth the cost.

AC5DF Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2014 18:41 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a very nice fully automatic high power antenna tuner. Very user friendly and it works great. Looks great too. I am well pleased with it. AC5DF.

HB9AZT Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2014 07:24 Send this review to a friend
A real keeper...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received mine direct from USA, rattling noise inside when unboxing the tuner. Found the plastic pylons supporting the roller inductor floating around inside the tuner. After replacing this not very genious fixing by some solid vinyl-screws and nuts, the setup was very easy. Some very interesting and helpful features in the tuner, e.g. possible tuning power up to 100 watts, important for some commercial transceivers with lowest power setting of 100 watts, tuning locks when operating high power, so no bad surprises by undesired automatic tuning. Tuning range seems to be wide, could match a 21m long dipole on all bands and saved Settings are recalled in a few seconds. The tuner really takes QRO-Power even from a "hard" Transceiver like the R&S XK2900, no firing inside when bringing full power and even good matching on 160m. If you need a good "line flattener" for your coax-driven antennas, the search is over and I think this tuner will be a real keeper for QRO-stations. Did some measuring of tuner losses on a remote Receiver, no significant difference between bypassing and engaging the tuner. This tuner completed by a weather-proof containment and a web supported remote control would dominate the market!

KC0KW Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2014 11:59 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Unit, Well worth the extra money  Time owned: more than 12 months
In my situation my antenna is a limiting factor because of my HOA. This tuner has made all the difference. It is built like a tank and has no problems handling high power with a poor antenna. Many of the features you get are not mentioned in most of the sales lit. I like to let the auto tuner get me close and then manually tune to perfection. This tuner lets me do that and it memorizes my settings on each frequency. I never expected the built in frequency counter. The unit has a digital SWR meter that is great to use as a reference when comparing a change I made to the antenna. It also has an analog SWR display I use when in manual tune and a nice digital watt meter. This is a very high quality unit and has made my operations quick and easy. If you look at all the things it offers it is easy to see why it cost a little more. I am very pleased.

KF7QLQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2013 18:42 Send this review to a friend
Very nice tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am very pleased with the HF-Auto. Very simple operation works for me. Tuning is within seconds and I bounce around allot. Build quality is superb. I will have this piece of equipment for a long time. Prior to purchase I had several conversations with Paul and he answered every question at a level that I could understand and appreciate. I purchased locally at HRO and it was loaded with the current release. Expensive but I believe one gets what you pay for.