Reviews Categories | Emergency/Portable Power: generators, solar, wind, thermal, etc | Honda EG6500 6.5kW Generator Help

Reviews Summary for Honda EG6500 6.5kW Generator
Honda EG6500 6.5kW Generator Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$2110.00 (without wheel kit)
Description: 6500 watts, 120/240V, Honda commercial OHV engine, Honda-exclusive DAVR (Digital Auto Voltage Regulation), Full frame protection
•Voltage Selector Switch - 120/240V operation

More info: http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/products/modeldetail.aspx?page=modeldetail§ion=P2GG&modelname=EG6500&modelid=EG6500CLAT

You can write your own review of the Honda EG6500 6.5kW Generator.

KI7AQJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2016 03:48 Send this review to a friend
Ran one 96 hours straight!   Time owned: more than 12 months
After the October 5, 2010 Phoenix hail storm hit, I hooked the 6K5 Watt Honda up to the mains on the house and bought 10 gallons of gasoline. I ran the generator 4 days straight, refueling every 4 hours, topping off the tank. I had everything but the air conditioner at my disposal. The generator never stopped. I just added fuel, and let it run. The economy mode and the computer's battery back up set up a feedback loop where the UPS kept kicking on, and off while the generator's power demand feature kicked on and off, so that part did not work well for me at all. I had to take the computer's UPS out of the system, or it and the generator's demand boost would cycle endlessly off of each other. That part was annoying, and unexpected. These are really fabulous generators, and start on the first pull. I have used this model extensively at work. They are tip top, but they do not like ASC computer battery back up power supplies at all. They also interact badly with Triplite UPSUs too. They are still a fine generator!

K3GM Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2011 08:04 Send this review to a friend
Smooth operation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This generator is presently running my day to day ops at my house and shack as we enter day 4 without power following a big October snowstorm. It's fairly quiet for a medium-sized model. and will easily do my entire shack as well as hold appliances, heater, well, lights and refrigerator. It's double the price of the big box generators, but it will handle continuous operation near it's rate capacity where the others will fail. I purchased the optional wheel kit for an exhorbitant $200, but unless you mount this generator somewhere, it's really necessary. The 13HP GX390 engine is a manual start but is easy to pull and fires up on the first pull. The engine and generator also feature safeguards that will shut down operation in a fault mode. I find that I consume 3/4 gallon per hour with average home needs along with my shack. Highly recommended.