Reviews Categories | Emergency/Portable Power: generators, solar, wind, thermal, etc | Honda EG6500 6.5kW Generator Help

Reviews Summary for Honda EG6500 6.5kW Generator
Honda EG6500 6.5kW Generator Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$2110.00 (without wheel kit)
Description: 6500 watts, 120/240V, Honda commercial OHV engine, Honda-exclusive DAVR (Digital Auto Voltage Regulation), Full frame protection
•Voltage Selector Switch - 120/240V operation

More info: http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/products/modeldetail.aspx?page=modeldetail§ion=P2GG&modelname=EG6500&modelid=EG6500CLAT

You can write your own review of the Honda EG6500 6.5kW Generator.

K3GM Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2011 08:04 Send this review to a friend
Smooth operation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This generator is presently running my day to day ops at my house and shack as we enter day 4 without power following a big October snowstorm. It's fairly quiet for a medium-sized model. and will easily do my entire shack as well as hold appliances, heater, well, lights and refrigerator. It's double the price of the big box generators, but it will handle continuous operation near it's rate capacity where the others will fail. I purchased the optional wheel kit for an exhorbitant $200, but unless you mount this generator somewhere, it's really necessary. The 13HP GX390 engine is a manual start but is easy to pull and fires up on the first pull. The engine and generator also feature safeguards that will shut down operation in a fault mode. I find that I consume 3/4 gallon per hour with average home needs along with my shack. Highly recommended.