Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | Amateur Radio World Prefix Maps Help

Reviews Summary for Amateur Radio World Prefix Maps
Amateur Radio World Prefix Maps Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $ee More info URL below
Description: Maps measure 39 inches x 27 inches (99.6 cm x 69.21 cm) and are printed on photo-quality silk paper to a very high standard. You can not buy better, guaranteed.
All maps shipped rolled up in a custom tube to ensure they arrive crease free and in pristine condition.
More info: http://www.dxmaps.co.uk

You can write your own review of the Amateur Radio World Prefix Maps.

ON3PDX Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2016 06:13 Send this review to a friend
100% Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very Good

GM0OBX Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2015 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Great map mega detail and has only recognised ITU call signs   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
These maps are brilliant quality and have every prefix available. If you are a new ham or think maps would be handy at a club premises for visitors gets these maps. Although no Antartic are shown as new official prefix is issued this provides more space for detail on all the issues prefixes. Allows you to see really how far you latest contact was.

M6WGJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2015 09:37 Send this review to a friend
European Grid Locator Map  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just received the European Grid Locator Map and as my previous review states, Mike's maps are of an outstanding quality.
This one is a little smaller than the World Prefix Map, but has the same degree of detail and superb finish.
I would highly recommend these maps to anyone wishing to enhance their shack.
Also, Mike (GM0PHW) is more than helpful if you need to contact him and a pleasure to deal with.

M6WGJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2015 11:27 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Addition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this map for my shack and the quality is excellent, had looked at a couple of others beforehand, but none of them came close.
The detail and finish is outstanding and it is full of useful info too. It was delivered quick and was securely packaged.
I was so impressed with it, I have ordered the European Grid Locator map too.
Mike (GM0PHW) is great to deal with too, a great service, many thanks.
I can wholeheartedly recommend this map for anyone's shack.

G6YPJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2014 14:14 Send this review to a friend
Superb detail and quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'll give it five! That may mean something to the older hams in the UK.
But it's definitely true for these excellent maps.
Having resurrected my shack after a long number of years QRT, these maps are going pride of place above my 'workstation'. I can now easily tell who is where.
Great detail and quality and will probably last as long as I need them.
Well done GM0PHW. Hope to thank you over the air sometime down the log.

G6ASK Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2014 09:46 Send this review to a friend
Highest Quality!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently built a new shack and needed some new maps for the wall. I purchased three maps from Hamcall. The large world prefix map, the great circle dx map and the grid locator for Europe. I am extremely pleased with the quality and detail of these maps particularly the prefix map. With my old eyes it is very easy to read and all three have taken pride of place on the shack wall. I would highly recommend these to anyone. They are not so big that they take up the entire wall! In addition to buying these on Ebay they are available direct from Hamcall.
Mike is very helpful and professional and you will not be disappointed.

NB0O Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2014 23:16 Send this review to a friend
Well Done!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was perusing through QRZ's "Ham Made Gear" forum and the "Excellent Quality and Detail" phrase caught my eye in one of the postings. I decided to check it out and I'm glad I did. One of my big beefs with most of the maps I have purchased previously was the sad printing quality or the inferior paper used. As I would find out, these shortcomings were not a problem with Hamcall UK's map. I ordered the map right before Christmas, got a response back from Michael (GMPHW) within' a couple hours thanking me for my order (it was not a canned response as he had a question about where I heard about his product and we exchanged several emails). My (his?) map arrived within two weeks which is pretty good coming from the UK. The map was packaged in a sturdy tube and arrived in perfect condition. I really appreciate the coating which doesn't detract from the quality at all and provides a nice finish. The print quality for a 39" x 27" map is exceptional. For $20.00 US (includes shipping from the UK) it's a steal! If you are interested in an exceptional quality map I think you'd be hard pressed to find one of better quality, even at twice the price. Well done Michael!

Andy, NBO

K5PRT Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2012 10:48 Send this review to a friend
Great World Prefix Map  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Shipping from the UK took longer than I expected, but the value can't be beat. Best World Prefix Map I've seen since first licensed in 1961. Arrived in perfect condition. You won't be disappointed!

N8LQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2011 06:09 Send this review to a friend
Great Map! Great Service!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had been searching for the right prefix map for some time and this map made my search even more the worth while. It gave me exactly what I was looking for and is as professionally made as can be. Mike's service was no exception! Great, fast communication along with prompt shipping. The price along with overseas shipping costs were very reasonable too. If you're the type that needs a map that's unusual but of the best quality I would highly recommend buying this map. You won't be disappointed! Great map!!!

K3DCW Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2011 12:02 Send this review to a friend
Great quality - Very nice map  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Printed on good quality paper. Large enough to provide detail, but not so large that it takes up an entire wall. Shipping was quick to the US...of course, once there the USPS did its best to slow things down...but that is not the fault of the shipper. It arrived well packed in a tube and is now proudly displayed on the wall of my shack.

A previous reviewer mentioned the lack of ITU and CQ zones, and I have to agree that with that information it would be too crowded. The map is just right as is.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good prefix map.