Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | Youkits FG-01 graphic antenna analyzer Help

Reviews Summary for Youkits FG-01 graphic antenna analyzer
Youkits FG-01 graphic antenna analyzer Reviews: 42 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $249
Description: Antenna analyzer covering 1 - 60 mhz
More info: http://www.youkits.com

You can write your own review of the Youkits FG-01 graphic antenna analyzer.

AB2IR Rating: 4/5 May 30, 2014 06:36 Send this review to a friend
Nice for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
For quick checks instead of pulling out my MFJ-269 and turning the knobs for five minutes. My only complaint is the switch level, wish it had a better half level between switching. Trying to tweek an antenna and jumps out of swr range to fast. Works fine though. Battery life is great.

KU7I Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2014 13:04 Send this review to a friend
Don't even need a manual!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This thing is a gem....a bit physically small...wish the screen was a little larger but not going to hit the company on that fact. It is so easy to use you do not even need a manual although I did check out the quick user's guide on the internet. I had an MFJ 259 when they first came out about 15 yrs ago or so.....this thing is built so much better it is ridiculous. I am amazed at the build quality. Check out the various You Tube videos that you can link into from their web site or just go to You Tube and search on FG-01. It works perfect. Can not recommend anything other than this for this price range.

KD0YDG Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2014 14:34 Send this review to a friend
Great analyzer  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was having a number of issues with my various antennas I was trying and spent much time in trial and error. This analyzer ended all that! I am very happy that I made the jump and listened to the advice on this site. I got mine from Ten-Tec.

PA0RBA Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2014 02:24 Send this review to a friend
Handy, inexpensive and realtime graphical information  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is THE analyser if you want to experiment with antennas. On the roof, in the garden, the display says it all and in realtime. Tinkering with a coil or wire length; just watch the display and see what happens!! Great fun...
Note: order the original battery pack; it works oke.

KJ6QVB Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2014 14:48 Send this review to a friend
UPDATE  Time owned: more than 12 months
Some of the reviews are very critical of the FG-01 power. As I recall, the manufacturer strongly recommended purchasing the rechargable battery pack, which I did. And it was $30 well-spent. I only use it occasionally, but I've only had to charge it ONCE since I got it 2 years ago. So for those of you penny-pinchers who didn't heed the suggestion, you get what you (don't) pay for!

N0FPE Rating: 3/5 Jan 17, 2014 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Better now  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After my last review of this unit things have gotten better.! It now works as it should and seems to preform well. I have tested antennas of all types and frequencies up to 50mhz. The biggest downfall of this unit is the oddball power system! The hard to find expensive 3.7V 14500 style batteries are a real PITA. why this battery was used is byond me. And of course when you get the unit it has NO instructions and just by looking at the battery holder you would think it used standard AA batteries since that's what the hold SAYS ON IT!!! Of course the manufacturer will be glad to sell you a battery pack at an extra cost. So as far as an antenna analyzer it is pretty good, its down fall is a non standard battery system.

WB5JHY Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2013 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This thing actually works. Readings compare favorably to my RigExpert AA600. Got this one to take on field day and infrequent portable operations with my Buddipole sets or wire antennas. Not too hard to learn to use and having a graph of swr vs freq is handy when tuning antennas in the field. It will get a little warm if you leave it on for an extended period but I normally just take a reading and turn it off as a matter of practice. No problems with battery life so far. It really lasts surprisingly long as opposed to all the negatives posted about battery life. So far it's a keeper. Bought mine thru Ten-Tec.

ZS5J Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2013 01:57 Send this review to a friend
Still working FB  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have now owned this for over a month, and I am still delighted at the features and performance. For the reviewers that complain of battery life, I can only think they might have a specific problem with their battery pack.

A friend of mine bought one of these 9 months ago, and it has lasted for many months between charges. Mine is still operating on it's initial charge, and it has been used for several hours in the past month that I have owned it. I just checked, it is still sitting on 12.6 volts. Make sure you get the genuine high capacity battery pack, and if you have battery issues, return the battery. Mine is the new MK II version with the slightly bigger display, and I have no issues with battery life. I bought mine from W & S in the UK.

A real treat to use this device with my antennas...

K6ROW Rating: 3/5 Sep 8, 2013 20:38 Send this review to a friend
Analyzer Great, Powering not so good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had my unit for about 6 months. It was terrific in helping me align my Hustler 6BTV. I charged it up (I thought) for a camping trip to align my Buddipole. It was DOA at the campsite. At home I found the battery had failed and wouldn't take a charge. That's unacceptable battery life to me, especially for a $30 rechargeable battery. The regular battery holder only uses Lithium batteries which are very expensive! Great analysis tool, poor powering arrangements.

ZS5J Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2013 05:07 Send this review to a friend
Handy device  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mine arrived two days ago - ordered from Waters and Stanton in the UK, while I am here on vacation. I wanted to wait for a MKII version to come out, thinking they would increase the size of the display. Sure enough, the new MKII has a bigger screen, but not much bigger - a little wider than the original one. I have owned the MFJ and still own the Comet SWR alanyzer, but this one is a really handy size and gives great detail on the SWR and impedance curves of your antenna. Definitely a worthwhile investment for anyone that likes to tinker with antennas.

For the previous review, this analyzer needs the optional rechargeable battery pack to power up properly - not just any AA batteries. If the current capacity of the battery is not enough, it simply will not power up. Or, an external 10 - 12v source can be plugged into the top to power it up properly.

John, ZS5J