Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | Youkits FG-01 graphic antenna analyzer Help

Reviews Summary for Youkits FG-01 graphic antenna analyzer
Youkits FG-01 graphic antenna analyzer Reviews: 57 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $249
Description: Antenna analyzer covering 1 - 60 mhz

You can write your own review of the Youkits FG-01 graphic antenna analyzer.

VE2JL Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2018 12:44 Send this review to a friend
6 year reviiew  Time owned: more than 12 months
First purchased in 2011 and reviewed back then, used for many antennas over the years. Fast delivery then and again on my new one that got here in 7 days from China. Alas the first one died a terrible death after a 15-foot fall onto cement. Not repairable!! Chose the 1 to 35 MHZ version for the replacement as it covers my bands and also is cheaper. Almost unnoticeable larger screen but now comes with some memories. Cannot live without it for manual tuner setups and antenna adjustments. My favourite testing toy in the hamshack.
W6LPM Rating: 1/5 Mar 1, 2018 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Display Failure  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this analyzer about 2 yrs ago. It compared fairly well with the RigExpert AA-54 analyzer. Easy to use. Was great while it worked. Nice for portable operation.

It now has a display failure, white screen at power-on. Battery voltage is correct. Contacting Vibroplex, they gave me the email for Yimin Zhao in Canada for factory support. After several emails over 3 months, no reply's received. Yimin appears to be more involved with their transceiver support.

Buyer beware - if you expect no factory support.
N2HTT Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2017 10:04 Send this review to a friend
Great little analyzer!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought mine from Vibroplex in the US, so shipping was ordinary. Analyzer comes with internal battery disconnected, you have to remove some screws and plug in a connector, this is probably for safety reasons in shipment. Performance is excellent, it is small, reasonably light, and very intuitive to use. Locate the manual online and play with it a bit, in 5 minutes you'll be an expert.
I've had an MP-1 antenna for years that I rarely use since it as the coil needs to be adjusted when you set it up and I find it a pain. With this little analyzer I'm up and running in seconds - great portable tool
NZ6G Rating: 3/5 May 18, 2017 20:28 Send this review to a friend
Great When It Is Working  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own two of these, and when they are working, they are great, especially in the field. I bought both directly from the Chinese manufacturer. That said, both needed repair after some use, units out of warranty. After some research I found Yimin Zhao in Canada who appears to be the manufacturer's point person in North America. After a couple of emails back and forth I sent him both my analyzers and $50. And crossed my fingers. No further communication. Then several weeks later I get a package from China that included both repaired units.
They both were repaired and still work.

My perception is that this is a basically honest company that is way over its head in terms of customer service and marketing. Others have recommended going through Vibroplex to buy YouKits products. I agree.
W5FCX Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2017 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Antenna Analyzer  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What a great little analyzer! I love the colorful graph of SWR and impedance and how it continually updates as you change the frequency.

This replaces my (more expensive) analyzer, hands down. Wish I had found this one first!!
WC3O Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2016 05:03 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great little analyzer. I have not checked it for accuracy but it looked good into a dummy load.

I like:
- Rechargeable battery
- Does not seem to be a battery hog
- Display is small but very easy to read
- Pretty ergonomic and has a knob rather than buttons
- Memories

Things I think could be better:
- It is easy to use, but I wish it came with basic instructions
- When I bought mine it didn't work out of the box. I pulled the cover off the back (2 screws) and saw the battery wasn't plugged in. Plugged it in and all was fine. Don't know if it was meant to be like that. No big deal.
- I wish it had a SO-239 rather than a BNC
- When you turn it off it doesn't remember where it was was when you turned it off. You need to reset the freq.

Overall I love it.
AA4TZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2016 06:45 Send this review to a friend
Compact, accurate and great display.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
A very accurate and compact antenna tool. The memories for favorite frequencies is very convenient. The display is easy to read in almost any conditions.

The fact that the unit covers the entire six meter band is a plus, since most modern HF transceivers include the six meter band.

Self contained long lasting rechargeable batteries is a money saver as some other units tend to be battery hogs.

Operation is fairly straight forward and simple which is a plus. If it suits your needs it is highly recommended.

AA4TZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2016 08:58 Send this review to a friend
Compact, accurate, easy to read display  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
An accurate easy to use antenna tool. The bright display makes it easy to read. The memories for favorite frequencies are a plus. All this in a small attractive package with rechargeable batteries is very attractive.

I had an issue with the battery pack where it would not hold a charge within the warranty period. I contacted Scott at Vibroplex and he forwarded my concern to Yimin at YouKits. Ultimately the faulty battery pack was replaced and the unit performs as it should.

The customer service from Vibroplex and YouKits was very satisfactory. If this unit fits your needs for antenna work, it is highly recommended.
M0HCU Rating: 4/5 Oct 5, 2015 03:25 Send this review to a friend
Good, but be careful if you take it out /p  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great piece of kit to quickly setup antennas, I've used mine for a Sandpiper MV10, worked like a breeze, and for setting up a cobwebb and several linked dipoles...
But beware... Especially if you take it out /p, with an internal battery.

The crystal on the internal PCB is higher than the rest of the components on the board, unless you ensure the battery is secure inside the box, it WILL rip off the crystal, and the associated PCB tracks!
ZS5J Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2015 22:28 Send this review to a friend
Cannot be without this  Time owned: more than 12 months
I agree with the previous review. This is an amazing, must have tool that any ham should have. Far better than my Comet or MFJ antenna analyser.

To a previous review, I have never needed customer support, so I cannot comment. In the two years I have owned this it has worked like a Swiss watch. Regarding RF noise from the charger...I have never noticed any RF noise across the spectrum of my Flex radios. Besides, even if there was noise....I only charge my unit once every 6 months - that is how long the battery lasts between charges, that it would never be a problem anyway. A charge takes just a couple hours. I don't leave my analyser on for any extended period - it gets switched off right after I have done tests, and the 6 months between charges is very conservative....I recharge it long before it needs a charge.

I have a very accurate LP-100 digital vector SWR/power meter. I have compared this analyser to my digital vector well as other known impedance sources, and the accuracy is spot on. Far more accurate than any of the run of the mill analogue SWR meters out there.

I cannot comment regarding BNC connector or multi knob becoming loose - mine is still as firm as the day it was bought.

To sum up, this is a really handy, solid and accurate analyser. And the factory battery seems to last almost forever between charges. This is one instrument I would not be without.