Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | Youkits FG-01 graphic antenna analyzer Help

Reviews Summary for Youkits FG-01 graphic antenna analyzer
Youkits FG-01 graphic antenna analyzer Reviews: 47 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $249
Description: Antenna analyzer covering 1 - 60 mhz
More info: http://www.youkits.com

You can write your own review of the Youkits FG-01 graphic antenna analyzer.

N0FPE Rating: 3/5 Jan 17, 2014 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Better now  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After my last review of this unit things have gotten better.! It now works as it should and seems to preform well. I have tested antennas of all types and frequencies up to 50mhz. The biggest downfall of this unit is the oddball power system! The hard to find expensive 3.7V 14500 style batteries are a real PITA. why this battery was used is byond me. And of course when you get the unit it has NO instructions and just by looking at the battery holder you would think it used standard AA batteries since that's what the hold SAYS ON IT!!! Of course the manufacturer will be glad to sell you a battery pack at an extra cost. So as far as an antenna analyzer it is pretty good, its down fall is a non standard battery system.

WB5JHY Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2013 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This thing actually works. Readings compare favorably to my RigExpert AA600. Got this one to take on field day and infrequent portable operations with my Buddipole sets or wire antennas. Not too hard to learn to use and having a graph of swr vs freq is handy when tuning antennas in the field. It will get a little warm if you leave it on for an extended period but I normally just take a reading and turn it off as a matter of practice. No problems with battery life so far. It really lasts surprisingly long as opposed to all the negatives posted about battery life. So far it's a keeper. Bought mine thru Ten-Tec.

ZS5J Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2013 01:57 Send this review to a friend
Still working FB  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have now owned this for over a month, and I am still delighted at the features and performance. For the reviewers that complain of battery life, I can only think they might have a specific problem with their battery pack.

A friend of mine bought one of these 9 months ago, and it has lasted for many months between charges. Mine is still operating on it's initial charge, and it has been used for several hours in the past month that I have owned it. I just checked, it is still sitting on 12.6 volts. Make sure you get the genuine high capacity battery pack, and if you have battery issues, return the battery. Mine is the new MK II version with the slightly bigger display, and I have no issues with battery life. I bought mine from W & S in the UK.

A real treat to use this device with my antennas...

K6ROW Rating: 3/5 Sep 8, 2013 20:38 Send this review to a friend
Analyzer Great, Powering not so good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had my unit for about 6 months. It was terrific in helping me align my Hustler 6BTV. I charged it up (I thought) for a camping trip to align my Buddipole. It was DOA at the campsite. At home I found the battery had failed and wouldn't take a charge. That's unacceptable battery life to me, especially for a $30 rechargeable battery. The regular battery holder only uses Lithium batteries which are very expensive! Great analysis tool, poor powering arrangements.

ZS5J Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2013 05:07 Send this review to a friend
Handy device  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mine arrived two days ago - ordered from Waters and Stanton in the UK, while I am here on vacation. I wanted to wait for a MKII version to come out, thinking they would increase the size of the display. Sure enough, the new MKII has a bigger screen, but not much bigger - a little wider than the original one. I have owned the MFJ and still own the Comet SWR alanyzer, but this one is a really handy size and gives great detail on the SWR and impedance curves of your antenna. Definitely a worthwhile investment for anyone that likes to tinker with antennas.

For the previous review, this analyzer needs the optional rechargeable battery pack to power up properly - not just any AA batteries. If the current capacity of the battery is not enough, it simply will not power up. Or, an external 10 - 12v source can be plugged into the top to power it up properly.

John, ZS5J

DJ0RD Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2013 23:51 Send this review to a friend
happy with mine  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Does everything I want without complications, the graphic display is excellent. For those who have had failures, they do very clearly state NOT to run it without an antenna connected as it will overheat. Also it will only work with the specified batteries.

V 73 de Bob DJ0RD/WU5T

N0FPE Rating: 0/5 Aug 28, 2013 16:27 Send this review to a friend
DOA out of the box...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
well I got mine today....First the connector on the battery holder was no good. fixed that. put in a nice fresh set of batteries and have good voltage out to the main switch. and good power thru the switch. Dead as a doornail..nothing....it came direct from Youkits...so I am kinda screwed unless I can get the company to send another one(hopefully good). Oh well I was all set to play this weekend testing all my HF antennas...

KA9MOT Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2013 10:39 Send this review to a friend
Hard to beat for the money  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned/used many analyzers in the past. MFJ, AEA, Autek. I liked only the AEA better, but this analyzer costs hundreds less.
I purchased the lithium battery and other than the fact that you need to use the supplied double sided foam tape to secure it inside the cover, I was very pleased. Once you get it placed in the correct spot (precision work here) the cover goes back on and all is forgiven the first time you use this little gem.

Will I purchase another brand analyzer? Maybe, but not until this one dies.

SA3AYF Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2013 16:47 Send this review to a friend
Great little performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used mine frequently over the last 1,5 years.
Always worked 100% and no hick-ups what so ever :-)
Works in -15 DGC no problems.

If you need a small, simple but competent analyzer,
you will not find a better product or better price.

73/

KC1MR Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2013 11:57 Send this review to a friend
Most Accurate !!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This little gem gives the same SWR readings as my
LP - 100A & my TEN TEC ORION .
My other rigs ; FTdx - 5000D ,TS-590s & MFJ 259B
show a much lower indicated SWR often 1:1 which is not true .
The size is great fer tuning my antennas out doors.
When U take the covers off you'll see a lot of electronics inside explaining why it works so well.