Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Lightning Bolt Quads Help

Reviews Summary for Lightning Bolt Quads
Lightning Bolt Quads Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: NOTE: I AM MIKE DUDDY FORMALLY LIGHTNING BOLT ANTENNAS. WE ARE NO LONGER IN BUSINESS. WE ARE OUT OF BUSINESS AND WE DO NOT WISH TO SELL THE BUSINESS OR THE NAME. WE HAVE REMOVED OUR WEB PAGE. THANK YOU.

You can write your own review of the Lightning Bolt Quads.

W0CP Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2003 09:44 Send this review to a friend
fantastic value!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a couple of acres and two towers. I use my 5 band, 2 el Lightning Bolt on a 40 foot crank up. I've had it up about eight years. I have compared it A/B with many large and small tri-banders and it takes 3 or more elements on a particular band to equal it at the same height. I won't go into all the comparisons between Yagi's and Quads, except to point out that this antenna picks up much less power line noise than my yagi's and the SWR curve is much broader, too. Mike provides excellent service and parts backup. You'd have to spend a lot more money on a tri-bander to equal the performance this five band Quad.

KG4ZMC Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2003 21:12 Send this review to a friend
2-meter 6-element  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered my Quad from Mike, over the phone. Very nice people to do business with and very informitive. When I recieved my antenna, it was well packed and NOT bent or dammaged.It took longer to paint than to put it together. Installed and checked S.W.R, 1.0 in middle of band and 1.5 at band ends,just as promised. Works very good for 12.5 db. Built VERY WELL. Light as a feather.May buy another and stack. Great antenna for the money!

N6MAI Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2002 17:26 Send this review to a friend
WOWZERS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got my new Lightning Bolt 4 element 6 meter quad, after a nice phone call with Mike to place the order. Very pleasant to deal with!
The antenna arrived very well packed. I un-packed everything, and I was amazed at the quality! All hardware is either galvinized or is stainless steel. Mast to boom plate looks like part of a battleship. Fiberglass spreader mounts are very well done.Precision machine work, all parts fit like a glove. No missing parts, easy to follow instruction, built like a tank. What more can a guy ask for? I highly recommend Mike and his incredibly well built products. You won't be sorry you bought his antennas. (no, I was not paid to say this, if I was unhappy, my rants are usually endless)

WA4BWB Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2001 11:42 Send this review to a friend
Perform Great/Great Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used the VHF (2 meter) 2 element and 4 element and had various custom antennas made for special applications for VHF, UHF and HF. All have performed beyond expectation, the delivery has been on-time, and at a very reasonable price. I also like the aspect of talking to the owner when placing my order.

WN3VAW Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2001 22:58 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic little antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I now have a 4 element 2 meter LBQ that I bought 2nd hand from someone who upgraded to a larger model. It has perfomed beyond all expectations! I have a dismantled TH6DXX awaiting my tower, but I'm giving some real thought to having Mike supply me with a 4 element HF quad instead!

I've known Mike for years and have talked with him many times at hamfests. The folks from Cushcraft, Hygain, Telrex, etc. who talk to us at Dayton should spend a little time with Mike and really learn how to promote their products and treat customers or potential customers fairly!

WB3ECM Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2001 19:46 Send this review to a friend
we have a new web address and email address  Time owned: more than 12 months
LIGHTNING BOLT ANTENNAS HAS A NEW WEB ADDRESS AND EMAIL ADDRESS DIFFERENT THEN IS LISTED IN THE REVIEW SUMMARY.
THE NEW ADDRESS IS LIGHTNINGBOLTANTENNAS.COM AND THE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS IS LBAQUADS@ZTRAIN.COM. THE OLD WEB SITE WILL COME UP BUT THE EMAIL BUTTON WILL SEND THE EMAIL TO A SERVICE PROVIDER THAT WE NO LONGER HAVE AS A SERVER. WE WILL NOT GET THE EMAIL FROM THE OLD EMAIL ADDRESS. PLEASE USE THE NEW ONE AGAIN LBAQUADS@ZTRAIN.COM. THANK YOU LIGHTNING BOLT ATENNAS.

W3HD Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2001 19:45 Send this review to a friend
Killer VHF/UHF Quad  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have the 2m 10 Ele and 12Ele on 440 The Quads works Great!!!. I sold my Cushcraft 2m 20Ele Yagi side by side test the Quad Wins!!