Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | MFJ-1810T 10 meter telescopic antenna Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1810T 10 meter telescopic antenna
MFJ-1810T 10 meter telescopic antenna Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $$24.95
Description: These special single banders were designed specifically for
the extremely popular Yaesu FT-817 Multimode HF/VHF/UHF
Portable Transceiver. These single band, base loaded
telescopic whips are fitted with a BNC connector and handle
25 Watts. Each whip telscopes from around 26 cm to
approximately 1.4 m. The short length when collapsed, makes
them highly portable. Perfect for those hiking and camping
trips with your new QRP radio.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1810T

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1810T 10 meter telescopic antenna.

KD0VRI Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2013 23:39 Send this review to a friend
Great once you understand how it works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna did not come with any instructions. Unfortunately, in this case they are crucial to get the most out of this product. I tested the MFJ-1810T with a Rig Master AA-54 Antenna Analyzer. Fully extended, the MFJ-1810T resonates at 44 MHz. This puzzled me but at the time I didn't know you needed a counterpoise with it. I used it without a counterpoise and yesterday got a QSO into Guatemala from Denver on 5 Watts with the Yaesu FT-817. Pretty amazing I think! (But band conditions were also very good at the time.) Will cut a counterpoise tomorrow and work with it some more. Make sure you get/follow the instructions and you should be good to go.

KB2HSH Rating: 4/5 Nov 8, 2011 05:42 Send this review to a friend
Decent single band performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Since 10 meters is my favorite band, my XYL bought me the 1810T "walkabout" antenna for my birthday. In the catalog, MFJ refers to this as an FT-817 antenna, but it will work on ANY QRP rig, so long as you have a BNC adapter.

During the Scandanavian Activity Contest on October 8th, and since it was Indian Summer in Buffalo, NY, I sat out on my deck with my HTX10 and the MFJ-1810T for my antenna. With a counterpoise connected directly to the radio, I was able to work everything I could hear. I plan on using this antenna for Field Day 2012, as I operate "Motorcycle Portable".