Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | DX Engineering Part No. DXE-400MAX coaxial cable Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering Part No. DXE-400MAX coaxial cable
DX Engineering Part No. DXE-400MAX coaxial cable Reviews: 26 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $0.82 per foot
Description: Specially manufactured for DX Engineering - Sold by the foot cut to your specified length.

A premium, low loss 50 ohm coaxial cable with a special Type III-A UV-resistant polyethylene jacket which is ideal for any outdoor applications - particularly suited for direct burial.

With its larger AWG #10 center conductor, this 50 ohm cable is specially suited for high-power amateur stations, it provides a lower loss solution for long cable runs at any power level. Gas Injected Foam Polyethylene dielectric. High reliability and long life are key elements in choosing this cable.

The highest level of shielding is assured by the bonded aluminum tape covered with a tinned copper shield braid.
Uses standard PL-259 connectors, and N connectors such as the DXE-N1001-S.
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-400max

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering Part No. DXE-400MAX coaxial cable.

W4JRO Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2013 16:31 Send this review to a friend
Great coax   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The DXE 400 MAX is great Coax. Low loss with out being stiff and unworkable. Your also are able to leave it exposed if you need to or Bury it. In my case i have done both. The coax is easy to work with when you attach pl259's.
DX Engineering has become my favorite place to order my Ham Stuffs from. Their Website is easy to navigate unlike some others. The Search is precise and doesn't show you a bunch of unrelated stuff. Shipping is FAST and reliable and Free when you purchase more than $99. Prices are usually comparable to others. I compare prices on everything i buy and go foe the best deal. i am always doing the math Price plus shipping = how much per foot. Look at total cost and you should be surprised by DX Engineering.

AC2JO Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2013 18:30 Send this review to a friend
Best coax  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is an outstanding product. It performs extremely well indoors and out, and is very well made - it just "feels" solid as you connect it up. Highly recommended.

N0DSQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2013 07:48 Send this review to a friend
I'm Pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The 400MAX coaxial cable is both durable and good performance. Its flexibility is more manageable than I expected when installing this type of coax cable. Worked for my demands.

WZ1V Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2013 10:11 Send this review to a friend
Great alternative to LMR 400UF  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For my new tower installation I wanted coaxial cable with low-loss at VHF-UHF, yet flexible enough to loop around a rotor. I considered Times Microwave's LMR-400UF - but when I saw that DX Engineering's DXE-400MAX cable had comparable specs with a stranded center conductor and a much tougher outer jacket I was sold! I bought 500 ft for 73 cents a foot and got free shipping, what a deal. I'm very pleased with my purchase!
-73, Ron WZ1V

N4SJG Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2013 14:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm in the process of building my station and subsequent antenna farm, purchased a 500 ft. reel of the 400MAX and very happy with the choice.

Coaxial is expensive and running it takes a lot of time time and energy so going cheap was not an option.

KQ6EA Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2013 15:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Product, Great Price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed some "RG-8" sized coax to replace some ratty old RG-58 at a friends house, and decided to buy some of this, as it was lower in cost enough, with cheaper shipping, than some of the other coax I generally buy.

It's great stuff, nice and flexible, with a stranded, solid copper center conductor.

We replaced a run of about 60', and now his receiver has come to life, and his friends can hear him better.

He's an "11 Meter" guy, but he just passed his Tech exam, so we'll be buying some more for his 2 Meter setup after he buys some gear and another antenna.

K7JQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2012 04:56 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product, great price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased two, 200 foot runs with the PL259's attached. Easy to work with, fairly flexible, and seems like good quality coax from a quality company like DX Engineering. The connectors are very professionally installed and weatherproofed. Much less expensive than the brand named LMR-400 types, and the free shipping was a real plus. Highly recommended.

KB7REV Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2012 13:01 Send this review to a friend
Great Coax  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've got just under 70 feet of this cable between my 2 meter antenna mounted on my chimney, and a downstairs ham shack. After installation, I thought I'd test it (and my antenna) using my HT on low power. I was quite surprised.

Using only one watt on my HT I can routinely hit a repeater 61 miles away with reports of full quieting. The cable is obviously doing its job well.

I'm currently using this for VHF and HF, and would recommend it to anybody who is in the market for a high quality coax.

N0AZZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2012 04:01 Send this review to a friend
One of the "BEST COAXES" that I've Used in Years  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Recently a friend and fellow ham brought to my attention the "New" MAX-400, he had been using their 213 and thought that I might try it on a coax replacement on one of my towers. But all I had used for years was TM LMR-400 and the UF/DB keeping all 3 on hand for when I needed some.

After his suggestion I went to DXE's web site and checked all the Specs on the Max-400 against the LMR series, it was very favorable. So I ordered 3 25' jumpers to check the quality for myself. I ended up dissecting several pieces of coax the DXE MAX400/213 and the LMR-400/UF and the DB and a piece of 213 also for comparison. Then I com paired all Specs against each other.

DXE's MAX-400 I found to give the best performance in all classes 400/UF/DB combined plus the center conductor has more wires in it than the LMR-400 and I prefer the foil jacket to the TM as well. Given all these facts it is pretty much clear cut as to what low loss coax to buy and cover all your bases at once no more worry about about the rotor loop. In fact when replacing the coax on my Mosley Pro-67-C3I used the 400 and it wound a very nice coax choke balun 10 turns @ 10".

The final prize to this excellent coax deal and the icing on the cake is the "Price" .82 @ Ft. but it gets better "FREE SHIPPING". Also if you order something else at the same time you order coax it gets Free Shipping also. So I plan ahead and when I need something I tie it to a coax order, This is a great company to do business with and I have always been pleased with any item with their name on it as far as "Quality". This now extends to their coax line as well.

I write for several club Newsletters and an upcoming one will focusing on coax many brands and types with photos and Spec's along with another "Bury Flex" coax that failed badly. Needless to say DXE rated at the Top or very near in most all classes of coax.

K0LEW Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2012 12:53 Send this review to a friend
Great coax  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had great service over the years with DX Engineering products and that's why I placed the two recent orders for cable with you. I have completly renovated my tower antennas and disposed of the three cushcraft beams and gone with the SteppIR 3 element with the 40/30 add on. What an antenna, words hardly describe it, but felt that as long as I did this I should upgrade the coax too which, of course, is the reason for the orders. 73 Lew K0LEW