Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | MFJ-994BRT TUNER, AUTO, REMOTE, 600W, 1.8-30 MHZ Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-994BRT TUNER, AUTO, REMOTE, 600W, 1.8-30 MHZ
MFJ-994BRT TUNER, AUTO, REMOTE, 600W, 1.8-30 MHZ Reviews: 24 Average rating: 2.4/5 MSRP: $399.95
Description: Remote IntelliTuner is mounted in a durable hard plastic case that measures 9 " x 3" x 14 ". Covers 1.8 to 30 MHz, have heavy duty 16 Amp / 1000 Volt relays and are a highly efficient L-network. It also includes the MFJ-4117 BiasTee Power Injector to send DC/RF down your coax.
Handles 600 Watts SSB/CWpower level and is said to matche 12-800 Ohm antennas.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-994BRT

You can write your own review of the MFJ-994BRT TUNER, AUTO, REMOTE, 600W, 1.8-30 MHZ.

NZ5F Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2017 23:49 Send this review to a friend
Tunes loop well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Upgraded from a MFJ927 and the new store bought MFJ994BRT works great.. I bought it new from HRO Plano as it was on sale.

No issues tuning on 40 and 20 with my SB221 at 500W on those bands. Fun to now be able to use QRO on my loop. Very surprised to have such recent luck with two MFJ products in a row.

AD8Y Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2016 17:41 Send this review to a friend
Two of them working well, survived Cleveland winters  Time owned: more than 12 months
Needed a small amount of outboard inductance to match 5/8 vertical on 40 meters; other than that, two of them have worked fine. I'm using one for the vertical, one for a 105' doublet on 80-10 meters. That one won't match on 160 meters but I didn't expect it to. The units have survived multiple Cleveland season changes without difficulty. The Bias-Ts also have worked fine.

KF6BKH Rating: 5/5 Feb 8, 2016 19:45 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I needed a remote tuner for one of my antenna projects and went with this unit. Before installing the tuner and after reading about possible quality issues with MFJ, I opened the case to look inside, every thing looked fine and well made. I have been using this with my Omni 7 and Hercules amp for almost a year and can say it has worked as it should.

KG9H Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2015 09:21 Send this review to a friend
Very good!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had issues with my original one and returned it to MFJ for repair, etc. In addition the Bias-T had a bad cap and it applied 12VDC to my Jupiter, I had to send it into Ten Tec for repair. See original post.
I got a new unit and another Bias-T from MFJ.
It tuned extremely well and the new Bias-T works well.
Highly recommend this tuner. My set-up consists of 100' of RG-8 to the tuner mounted on a 8' driven pole. Then I run 40' of heavy wire to a 50'x8', 1/4" steel sea-wall adjacent to the lake. I am very happy with the performance now. Thank you MFJ.

K0LTD Rating: 3/5 Jan 27, 2015 20:27 Send this review to a friend
4th time charm  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well, after my last reviews.. And now have bent sent my 4th unit.. All works now..

WB4RHQ Rating: 4/5 Sep 17, 2014 05:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Remote Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this tuner for a couple of years and have been pleased with it. It is mounted at the end of 100' of coax feeding a 170' long wire antenna. Occasionally I have to remove the power and restart it, but thta is only about once a month. I have not seen any of the issues mentioned by others.

KK8ZZ Rating: 0/5 Sep 16, 2014 19:11 Send this review to a friend
What a Waste  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
So sorry I had any faith in MFJ for this.... what a poorly-constructed (screws rattling around inside) hunk of crap... Martin, have your stuff assembled in China.. at least they can get it right....

KA4KOE Rating: 0/5 Nov 14, 2013 09:46 Send this review to a friend
Unreliable, bad for tubes  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Antenna tuner stopped working on 40m. It will hunt for a bit and then stops between an SWR of 3 to 5. Lots of noise on receive. Unreliable and not good for my Johnson Valiant transmitter.

JP1LRT Rating: 1/5 Oct 26, 2013 23:10 Send this review to a friend
My 3rd peport  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is my 3rd report.

After finish repairing , already 1year passed.

Last month, suddeny , my MFJ-994BRT became only 40m band tuner. I can not use any other band.

Today, my 994BRT dead..... No mostly dead.
I found that my tuner can do with below 20w.
But if I use this tuner above 20w, can not tune....

I give up to use my MFJ-994BRT.

VK5ALX Rating: 2/5 Aug 2, 2013 05:39 Send this review to a friend
Should have known better  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Someone else has mentioned the shoddy workmanship. I too had cut away sections of the plastic cover in order to attach a pl259 plug and to loosen the binding post. Does no one at MFJ ever do a final check before shipping their products?

I have had it for a while but used it for the first time last night when I took it to a club meeting. Connected it to a 9 metre long vertical but no way would it tune 80 metres. I have a different brand at home which, with the same antenna tunes all band from 160-10 mtrs
I notice today from the spec sheets that the impedance range for this model is 12-800 ohms whereas their 200w and 300w models tune from 6-1600 ohms. I couldn't find this info when I looked at buying it.
I wonder if there is any way to modify the beast to obtain a similar spec. Maybe just suck it up and use it as a expensive door stop.