Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Sirio Gain Master Help

Reviews Summary for Sirio Gain Master
Sirio Gain Master Reviews: 16 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $$180
Description: .64 wave omni Vertical
More info: http://www.gain-master.it/

You can write your own review of the Sirio Gain Master.

KB3MRU Rating: 0/5 Jul 12, 2017 01:43 Send this review to a friend
Horrible Materials  Time owned: more than 12 months
It actually went together easily, no extensive tuning, and preformed well for almost a year.

However, the fiberglass seems to be defective as mine snapped during a 48 MPH wind gust (I have a weather station on roof, too). Stuff happens... so I contacted the US dealer, then Sirio Italy to obtain a replacement segment of fiberglass... that was YEARS ago! Ive been trying off and on for 3 years to obtain a repair part. Sirio just ignores me. I fiberglassed the defective segment but honestly, all the fiberglass seems flaky and has tiny cracks. Not worthy of a $200+ antenna. Very poor customer service for ignoring me for three years. Photos on Amazon if interested.

WR0F Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2016 18:22 Send this review to a friend
Nice antenna base at 67 ft  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a Sirio Gainmaster up now for 3+ years with the base of the antenna @ 67ft and top at 91 ft .We easily work groundwave and long haul dx .
It works wonderful with good swr across 10 and 12 meter bands and we have never had a issue with construction even with 80 mph wind gust this last Spring .
It is not designed for 15 17 or 20 meters so do not compare apples to nuts .

KK6LFK Rating: 2/5 Jan 19, 2016 13:40 Send this review to a friend
All blown up  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this thing for about 3 years. Worked very well on 11 meters. Flat swr (low). All in all I was happy. Then last week I noticed my RX was weak. I then noticed my SWR was off the scale. The day I dreaded arrived. She blew. I was running a Texas Star V500DX which is right at the 500W limit that the ant is rated. I suspect the coax that is used as the capacitor in the schematic probably had a thermal meltdown where the dielectric melted. I have to tear into the dead corpse to find out for sure.

KA7NIQ Rating: 3/5 Aug 22, 2015 10:00 Send this review to a friend
No Better Then Antron 99  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I took down an Antron 99 that worked down to 15 meters well, and with good SWR. Actually, the Antron 99 also worked on 17 meters too, but with higher SWR, and a drop in performance. Before I took the Antron 99 down, I noted signals from the many local hams I talk to every night on 10 meters. When I put the Gainmaster up, in exactly the same spot, and at exactly the same height, no one could tell any difference in signal. I did notice that the Gainmaster did appear to have a slightly quieter noise level.

The Antron 99 works more bands with low SWR. Yes, the Sirio Gainmaster will work 10 and 12 meters, but it will do so no better then the Antron 99, and it will not take any serious power either.

The Gainmaster sells for 3 times the price of the Antron 99, and IMHO, isn't worth it.

N4WSH Rating: 1/5 Feb 14, 2015 14:56 Send this review to a friend
Nope, failed in a year  Time owned: more than 12 months
About 13 months in to owning this antenna the second from the bottom fiberglass pole failed. After taking the antenna down it noticed ALL of the fiberglass sections are cracked and will fail soon. I notified Sirio about this but no response as of yet. Most likely I will trash this over-priced antenna and go with something else.

WA8MEA Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2014 15:32 Send this review to a friend
Really impressed!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I watched YouTube videos of some chaps from the UK testing these antennas out at very low heights. I was impressed, so I bought one. I wanted a broadband antenna that covered both ten and twelve meters. I was skeptical about putting this antenna up too high since it is one very long antenna! Therefore I have it just sixteen feet above ground. I easily work the world with an SWR well below 2:1 over 12 meters and the lower half of 10 meters. You can tell it has a low take off angle; just right for DX. One of the best ten meter verticals I have ever used, and I've tried many - from droopy ground planes, to the 99 models to the Ringo models. This beats them all, hands down. And no tuning required!

PY2MLS Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2014 02:34 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned this antenna for 3 months now, so far, no complaints. I have managed to work several countries with it, even with low power.

For comparison I used a vertical 10m antena and the Sirio Gain Master showed at least 2 to 3 Db more on the scale.

I live in a very windy area by the sea, last week we had winds of 40Mph and the antenna really bent, giving the impression it wouldn't hold, which made me put some guywires just for precaution.

Apart from it, it`s a great antenna, goood construction, nice gain, good bandwidth, lightweighted.

GM7PBB Rating: 0/5 Apr 11, 2014 00:36 Send this review to a friend
Rubbish Design  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Well the Sirio has been up for about 8 months at a height of 6feet of the ground just as a test before going on the tower, good job 80+mph winds soon sorted it out, bottom and next section up have split all the way down, the lower section is way to thin fibreglass. It works great on 10m but the design is very poor, not for the harsh location ;-)
waste of money, as most things are getting to do the amateur radio. poor build and short life.

GM4FVM Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2014 03:38 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been using this for about a year now. Works brilliantly well on 10m and 12m.
Great performer, VK on 4 watts on both 10m and 12m. The text book would say that the angle of radiation is perfect for long distance work, and so it works out.
Being a dipole it does not need radials. Mine is simply mounted at ground level. It is tall and it whips about in the wind but it always comes back to vertical. I wrapped the joints in self-amalgamating tape just in case, but it probably does not need this.
Cannot speak highly enough of this one.
Jim

EI4KE Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2013 10:27 Send this review to a friend
great antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this antenna up for two years now and it has exceeded all my expectations. It's only at 20 ft
and I have worked lots of dx on both ssb and data modes.
It has survived a few storms and while it bends, it always comes back up,,,hi
A good buy, easy to assemble and erect.