Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil PL-2T Help

Reviews Summary for Heil PL-2T
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $120.00
Description: The Heil Sound PL2T "Topless" mount is a unique and versatile boom that utilizes a system of perfectly balanced internal springs to provide perfect balance and silent, effortless adjustment of its position. The PL2T easily handles microphones weighing up to 2.5 lb., and it makes for a professional-looking installation without adding to the clutter in front of you. The Heil PL-2T features a hollow channel that the microphone cable can be fed through and provides the perfect cable maintenance. The unique "Topless" design of the PL2T allows you to remove the top and back cover plates, so you can thread the microphone cable along the spine of the mount. Once the cable is in place, you snap the cover plates back in place, for a clean installation with no visible wiring.
More info: http://www.heilsound.com/pro/products/pl2t/

You can write your own review of the Heil PL-2T.

WO8USA Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2013 16:28 Send this review to a friend
NIce and easy!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've used a hand or desk mic for 20 years. I got the PT-2B for Christmas and it went together easily. Used a long mic cable from R&L Electronics. I use the the mic of my Yaesu MD-100, and still connect back to the base before the radio since it has excellent filters.

I cannot believe how easy it is to now look at my PC screen and radio/meters instead of down at the table and mic--heaven with VOX. Assembly and adjustments to the boom very easy. I use the desk clamp that came with the boom.

At first I thought the $100 price was high but it is well worth it in both quality of the boom, ease of use, and enjoyment. Got mine from R&L, they even opened it up to show me so I could decide.

WO8USA

K7BMG Rating: 3/5 Dec 3, 2011 11:43 Send this review to a friend
Nice boom, BUT! one draw back.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I did not know when I ordered this boom the mounting post is fixed not hinged.

If you have to mount the boom on or right next to a wall and intend to push and pull the mic straight forward and back, please know the boom will not close flat against the wall. The design of this boom is such that the center top hinge must travel back over the mounting point to fully close. The wall prevents the center top hinge from going back over the mounting point so therefore the mic remains a full eighteen inches out from the wall.

Eighteen inches out from the wall over a thirty inch deep desk. Well guess what it gets in the way unless I push it way up over my head until I stand up anyway Then bonk. Yes I can swing it sideways then back but in (MY) case this needs a bit more space and two hands to operate it, then it blocks my notes and papers or removes them from the wall behind it.

I am going to have to have a custom mount made at the correct angle to allow the middle hinge point of the boom to go straight up when fully closed. This means I will not be able to swing the boom left or right horizontally anyway.

This is probably not a problem for most installations but for me it is.

The boom itself works great, is silent, and holds the mic solidly in place.

The boom just needs to have the ability to adjust the mounting posts angle, or provide a mounting solution that is adjustable.

A five star review would be given only if I did not have to make a mount.