Reviews Categories | Ham Work Bench Tools & Test Equipment | HP 410B VTVM Help

Reviews Summary for HP 410B VTVM
HP 410B VTVM Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $245
Description: All purpose test instrument measures up to 700 MHz

You can write your own review of the HP 410B VTVM.

KD0JRG Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2011 15:07 Send this review to a friend
Great to have around  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got mine five years ago. It was refurbished by KISS-Electronics. For DC, low frequency AC, and ohms the meter is about as good as any modestly priced DVM out there. What shines about this instrument is the AC probe. Besides being good to 700 MHz it introduces so little capacitance that it's presence in many circuits is negligible. This is what I bought the meter for.
It has been great around shack for finding standing waves, doing alignments, trouble shooting, designing stuff, and because I have calibrated mine, I even used it to calibrate power meters and the like. While this is the first HP-410B I have owned, I used several of these in a shop where I worked from 1986 to 1994. In all the years I have used this model I have found it to be a rock solid performer.
In the years I have owned mine it has needed no parts but I have checked and found all tubes to be available. To the best of my knowledge this meter is the best bang for the buck out there for a general purpose RF voltmeter and it seems likely to outlast me!