Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | CHAMELEON HYBRID SERIES Help

Reviews Summary for CHAMELEON HYBRID SERIES
CHAMELEON HYBRID SERIES Reviews: 36 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $225
Description: The Chameleon HYBRID Series is the next generation of Chameleon Antenna. This new generation of antennas and accessories will be fully compatible with almost any previous and future products.

The Chameleon HYBRID design revolves around a specially designed antenna base: the Chameleon HYBRID Base. This special base offers instantaneous bandwidth performance from 6M to 160M which will depend of the selected antenna configuration. The base is mainly designed to fulfill multiple tasks, enhance performances of the antenna system and facilitate antenna installations. It also has an integral broadband impedance matching allowing broadband waveforms to be utilized even after the addition of higher power amplifiers up to 1500W SSB.
More info: http://chameleonantenna.com/

You can write your own review of the CHAMELEON HYBRID SERIES.

DL2FDJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2014 10:04 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently received a complete Chameleon antenna set consisting of:

- Hybrid Base
- Mil Whip
- Mil Whip Extension
- Counterpoise Set
- Tripot
- RG58 Cable with RF Choke
- Clamp

I purchases this set up for emergency communications with my FT-897D. My focus was on fast deployment, all band capability and rugged design. Well, let me tell you, it took longer to unwrap all the parts of the antenna system then setting it up. I was on the air within 5 minutes!

The quality of the system is superb. All parts fit as they should. My first test was if the LDG tuner on my FT-897D was able to tune the antenna from 80 to 10 meters. It worked without a problem!

So I was eager to actually try it out. First QSO within Germany on 40m worked like a charm. I reached another German OM about 300km west of me with 5/8 on 40m with the 20W supplied by my 897D. This was actually good because the noise level on 40 during the day was really high.

Next test on 20m, a station from EA9 gave me 5/9. Several UA stations all gave me 5/9 as well.

Next test 10m, here the excellent performance continued. Within minutes I was able to work G, EA, OM and OZ and OM. Since I did not buy the antenna system for DX I have not tried any DX yet. For the intended purpose, it works great. I am happy with the system. Ultra portable, fast deployable and rugged design. Thank you Chameleon!

More testing, especially the DX capability, to come...

KD5PGA Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2014 18:41 Send this review to a friend
Versatile!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm moving to a smaller house and lot in a couple of years and need to experiment with different antenna arrangements. The Hybrid provides versatility with horizontal and vertical antenna configurations. I can set up the Hybrid as a NVIS wire 15-ft above the ground one minute and change it into a vertical with my V1 antenna in another minute. The Hybrid provides me with an excellent base for experimentation for current and future antenna needs. Well worth the investment!

W3NRL Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2014 12:24 Send this review to a friend
Fb on CW & Phone  Time owned: more than 12 months
Since the day I put the antenna up
I have been non stop well until the guy who cuts
my cut lawn also cut the coax with his weed Wacker
Then I ordered new coax and still going,
love this chameleon system

73 DE
W3nrl

KV9WMD Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2014 10:08 Send this review to a friend
Chameleon HYBRID Base   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Use Chameleon HYBRID Base and CHA V2 for mobile and portable NVIS. Love this combo for restricted space.

VE3FAL Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2014 03:13 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own a number of Chameleon products and am very happy with all of them. The products are well designed and built to withstand some harsh conditions for field deployment.I currently own the Hybrid Base, HyBrid Mini, HyBrid Micro, EMCOMM II, V1 Whip,CHA MIL Whip, CHA CAP Hat and a number of the jaw mounts. The HyBrid base is currently used in a permanent location atop a 15' pole that is grounded, about 180' of wire taken out in a "L" shape with the short end dropping to within 5' of the ground giving me some NVIS use as well. I operate all low to regular power(QRP-100w) and have not seen any issue with heat. A great product built to last.

NU6Y Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2014 09:57 Send this review to a friend
Great small footprint antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I finally decided to install my Hybrid antenna as a permanent base antenna, It sits on my roof at +26' I have Four (4) 25' counterpoise/ground plane wires and I am also grounded to my solar panels. I am using the Hybrid with a V-1 and Mil-Whip attachment. This antenna is quiet and picks up better than any of my Dipoles and wire antenna's. On the transmit side I push up to 400 watts with no problem. It's not a Yagi sitting on a tower but I give it a 5 for what it does based on size and cost

KG6HXN Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2013 16:47 Send this review to a friend
Like This Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the Chameleon Hybrid base with the Chameleon Mil whip. It's mounted on the roof about 18 feet above the ground. We have had a lot of high winds lately, but the antenna doesn't seem to mind. First contact with this antenna was to Magadan Russia. This is a good antenna if you don't have a lot of room and or need to keep a low profile. This antenna also lends it self to experimenting if you so choose. Overall i'm happy with this antenna. I think i'm gonna buy A second one to use portable. Thats how much I like it.

W2SOC Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2013 16:40 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the HYBRID base, V1L whip and MIL whip for over a year now and still can not understand how this antenna does what it does. It was the star at field day last year, and has been loaned out too many times to count. Everyone who tries it loves it. I'm buying another in the next few weeks to place on a 38' tower. I'll also add a note about the customer service: Unbeatable! My emails have always been answered the same day, even weekends and holidays. I am glad to have purchased something that does what it says!

N5QWA Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2013 16:35 Send this review to a friend
Carencro, LA to California...Hybrid Mini  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Another great QSO on 20 meters from Carencro, LA to San Diego, CA! Distance of about 1500 miles. Using the Hybrid Mini with a Yaesu FT897 / LDG AT-897 Tuner. Peak of shack to chimney...mostly NVIS but working great today on long haul.

My second Chameleon, and may consider another for the go bag.

PU2NBU Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2013 13:58 Send this review to a friend
Great performance & flexibility  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
During my family vacation at NY City, I ordered the full and complete Chameleon package, taking couple days to receive it at my hotel:

The CHA package was composed by HYBRID + V1L + CHA MIL + CHA CAP-HAT + JAWMOUNT + TRIPOD + HD CARRY BAG + COUNTERPOISES KIT.

After some weeks using it, lots of rx / tx.

Very easy and fast to deploy, very compact to carry in my trailer, work either as a fixed base or portable field antenna, very flexible to switch RF connector to the vertical stick mode (used in higher HF bands) to the slope / horizontal wire mode (used in lower HF bands), and my LDG YT 450 tuner handles all bands.

Perform is quite similar to my Comet CHA250B.

If you like to go HF portable or have it at your backyard or around your swimming pool, this CHA package is very convenient and will put you on air!

73!