Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Alpha Delta DX-CC Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Delta DX-CC
Alpha Delta DX-CC Reviews: 107 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $119
Description: 82' No Trap 80 thru 10 Dipole.And it is great ALL bands. This includes 12, 17, and 30.
More info: http://www.alphadeltacom.com/

You can write your own review of the Alpha Delta DX-CC.

K2II Rating: 1/5 May 25, 2015 06:42 Send this review to a friend
Can you say "compromise?"  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
DX-CC stands for COMPROMISE - CONCESSION.
Before I purchased the DX-CC, I read the reviews which swayed me to spend $160. for a pile of wires.
After two months of battling with this antenna, I have decided the DX-CC is a miserable concession and the claims are dubious.
The major problem is the remarkable narrow bandwidth of 15, 20, 40 and 80. There is perhaps not even 100Kc of bandwidth which includes 3:1 SWR. 80 meters is the worst with only about 50 Kc of bandwidth. The lowest SWR I can obtain at one very tight frequency of 15KC or so is 1.7:1. Then SWR very rapidly SOARS to unusable levels.
I have the antenna in a 90 degree 'V' configuration with the center 35' high.

If you buy this wire antenna, you better also buy an antenna tuner as well. Otherwise, the Alpha Delta is a frustrating almost useless contraption.

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2015 20:53 Send this review to a friend
work fine on my lot  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a medium size city lot and this antenna fits just fine running corner to corner of the back yard. It is run flattop from my tower to the far back corner where there is a 30ft mast. works WAY WAY WAY better than the slinky dipole I had up for a few years. I have had the DX-CC up for 5 years now and it has not suffered any cracking of damage from the extreme heat here in AZ. I took it down last fall can checked all the connections and coils..and right back up it went. I have to give it a A+ in my application..

N4ZBO Rating: 1/5 Feb 21, 2015 13:51 Send this review to a friend
Not for city lots  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I Hate to bash this antenna as i have heard many of them in use on the air. that was what made me buy this one....
How ever. they have many limitations in a tight city lot. So if you have a bunch of open room with no trees on shades or an r/v in the back yard or even a very large place to use it....
As this antenna was made for wide open spaces i beleave that it needs a redo to fit in a small space in mind with the average back yard that more than have a shed or two in it....... i hope to sale to recover some of my money back out of it... such a disappointment well guess not antennas work every where just wish i would have found that out first.. the adds sure don't say much.....

KC8ZBU Rating: 4/5 Jan 29, 2015 07:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna, Would recomend to anyone   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well its been about 3 months since i have gotten my Alpha Delta DXCC antenna. Now that i have used it for awhile and had moved it about 10 foot higher than my last review i can say that it tunes 6 through 80 with no problem. Definately better by far than my 120 foot end fed and G5RV by leaps and bounds on transmit and recieve. Would definately recomend to anyone.

W3SCA Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2014 04:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I replaced a G5RV that I was unhappy with, with the Alpha Delta DX-CC and I can say this is one nice antenna! In the month it has been up, I have now worked over 30 countries with this antenna. It tunes well and works as advertised. I have it centered at 38 feet in a tree and the ends were at 6' off the ground, but it was causing the 80mtr portion not to tune so I raised the ends to 15' and it works perfectly now.

KB3TSS Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2014 18:58 Send this review to a friend
Very good fan dipole  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had my DX-CC up for about 18 months now and am very pleased. Rough winter weather has not been an issue. It is a fan dipole so care is necessary in tuning. Had a question about mounting height for an inverted v and called on a Saturday morning. My call left on their answering machine was returned in 10 minutes and answered by one of the hams that designed and builds the antenna. Understand this is a shortened multi band dipole and you will be very satisfied with it's performance. I have not had any issues running power with the DXCC either. Over all the best dipole I have used.

KC8ZBU Rating: 4/5 Oct 28, 2014 07:08 Send this review to a friend
So far so good,  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just put up my Alpha Delta DXCC, Ive only had it up for a few days. Ive have it horizontal between 2 trees about 35 foot and at least 20 foot away from any obstruction or anything that might reflect off of. It seems to tune very well on all bands 10 through 40, it waill also tune 80 but with a little difficulty, but it will eventually tune to about 1.1 at middle of the band. Ive only had it up for few days so in the coming months i will keep everyone posted on how it is doing.If 80 would tune as easy as the other bands i would give it a 5.

KE4CIJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2014 13:12 Send this review to a friend
Review of DX-CC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used a DX-LB with great success running 45 to 55 watts. Which lead to purchase the DX-CC, both antenna's are very well constructed. I did respray both coils using Clear Coat for extra protection. I also sprayed the wire with Clear Coat to protect it from the sun and weather. Over all performance of both these antenna's in my area, is excellent. I live in a housing development, I have limited Space so for what they are they are an excellent choice. They handle my amp with NO problems. They are fairly easy to tune, the DX-CC is a tad more difficult and time consuming, but it is a Fan Dipole, I wouldn't expect any differently. I have the LB configured FLAT Top and the DC-CC inverted V and I get good reporting off either antenna for their orientation, one being for N&S the other E&W, my area offers a good grounding rate so with all things considered I do not believe I could have made or purchased another antenna or antennas that would work as well as my Alpha's. For the money they are a superb choice for limited space antenna's. IF you expect these Antenna's to do things they aren't designed to, take your ball and go play some where else. If you read what they are designed for an get the picture, you will not have any problems But don't expect it to do what it was not designed for and then bitch about it. It is what it is, and what it is, one of the BEST Antenna's On the Market today! Oh, by the way, Did you see I said the BEST on the Market? I did! I also said one of the best made, if you have problems with the construction, you're just a model ham, a real ham would improvise and over come! The folks at Alpha Did you gave you plenty of latitude to modify, when you purchased it! Another words it's your antenna, you bought it, if you think you can make it better GO For it!

W6CAW Rating: 1/5 Sep 18, 2014 09:46 Send this review to a friend
Whats the big deal?  Time owned: more than 12 months
First and last manufactured dipole I will ever buy. Center insulator cracked after 2 years. Very narrow band on frequencies using a coil. PVC pipe, open coils, magnet wire, and #12 house wire construction. Not impressed.

NP3CZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2014 06:17 Send this review to a friend
Best antenna for the price!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great antenna only 82' long for limited space. Mine is about 33 height center and the legs are about 15 from the ground and works flawlessly. Sometimes I use between 500w to 700w and no issues here. My swr is lower than 2 so cant complain even when it rains and the coils guest wet. The antenna does exactly as advertise and covers from 80m to 10m and also can be used in 6m. I will recommend this antenna for the price and good quality product, easy to install and good performance.73s Np3cz.