Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Alpha Delta DX-CC Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Delta DX-CC
Alpha Delta DX-CC Reviews: 104 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $119
Description: 82' No Trap 80 thru 10 Dipole.And it is great ALL bands. This includes 12, 17, and 30.
More info: http://www.alphadeltacom.com/

You can write your own review of the Alpha Delta DX-CC.

KC8ZBU Rating: 4/5 Jan 29, 2015 07:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna, Would recomend to anyone   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well its been about 3 months since i have gotten my Alpha Delta DXCC antenna. Now that i have used it for awhile and had moved it about 10 foot higher than my last review i can say that it tunes 6 through 80 with no problem. Definately better by far than my 120 foot end fed and G5RV by leaps and bounds on transmit and recieve. Would definately recomend to anyone.

W3SCA Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2014 04:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I replaced a G5RV that I was unhappy with, with the Alpha Delta DX-CC and I can say this is one nice antenna! In the month it has been up, I have now worked over 30 countries with this antenna. It tunes well and works as advertised. I have it centered at 38 feet in a tree and the ends were at 6' off the ground, but it was causing the 80mtr portion not to tune so I raised the ends to 15' and it works perfectly now.

KB3TSS Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2014 18:58 Send this review to a friend
Very good fan dipole  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had my DX-CC up for about 18 months now and am very pleased. Rough winter weather has not been an issue. It is a fan dipole so care is necessary in tuning. Had a question about mounting height for an inverted v and called on a Saturday morning. My call left on their answering machine was returned in 10 minutes and answered by one of the hams that designed and builds the antenna. Understand this is a shortened multi band dipole and you will be very satisfied with it's performance. I have not had any issues running power with the DXCC either. Over all the best dipole I have used.

KC8ZBU Rating: 4/5 Oct 28, 2014 07:08 Send this review to a friend
So far so good,  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just put up my Alpha Delta DXCC, Ive only had it up for a few days. Ive have it horizontal between 2 trees about 35 foot and at least 20 foot away from any obstruction or anything that might reflect off of. It seems to tune very well on all bands 10 through 40, it waill also tune 80 but with a little difficulty, but it will eventually tune to about 1.1 at middle of the band. Ive only had it up for few days so in the coming months i will keep everyone posted on how it is doing.If 80 would tune as easy as the other bands i would give it a 5.

KE4CIJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2014 13:12 Send this review to a friend
Review of DX-CC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used a DX-LB with great success running 45 to 55 watts. Which lead to purchase the DX-CC, both antenna's are very well constructed. I did respray both coils using Clear Coat for extra protection. I also sprayed the wire with Clear Coat to protect it from the sun and weather. Over all performance of both these antenna's in my area, is excellent. I live in a housing development, I have limited Space so for what they are they are an excellent choice. They handle my amp with NO problems. They are fairly easy to tune, the DX-CC is a tad more difficult and time consuming, but it is a Fan Dipole, I wouldn't expect any differently. I have the LB configured FLAT Top and the DC-CC inverted V and I get good reporting off either antenna for their orientation, one being for N&S the other E&W, my area offers a good grounding rate so with all things considered I do not believe I could have made or purchased another antenna or antennas that would work as well as my Alpha's. For the money they are a superb choice for limited space antenna's. IF you expect these Antenna's to do things they aren't designed to, take your ball and go play some where else. If you read what they are designed for an get the picture, you will not have any problems But don't expect it to do what it was not designed for and then bitch about it. It is what it is, and what it is, one of the BEST Antenna's On the Market today! Oh, by the way, Did you see I said the BEST on the Market? I did! I also said one of the best made, if you have problems with the construction, you're just a model ham, a real ham would improvise and over come! The folks at Alpha Did you gave you plenty of latitude to modify, when you purchased it! Another words it's your antenna, you bought it, if you think you can make it better GO For it!

W6CAW Rating: 1/5 Sep 18, 2014 09:46 Send this review to a friend
Whats the big deal?  Time owned: more than 12 months
First and last manufactured dipole I will ever buy. Center insulator cracked after 2 years. Very narrow band on frequencies using a coil. PVC pipe, open coils, magnet wire, and #12 house wire construction. Not impressed.

NP3CZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2014 06:17 Send this review to a friend
Best antenna for the price!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great antenna only 82' long for limited space. Mine is about 33 height center and the legs are about 15 from the ground and works flawlessly. Sometimes I use between 500w to 700w and no issues here. My swr is lower than 2 so cant complain even when it rains and the coils guest wet. The antenna does exactly as advertise and covers from 80m to 10m and also can be used in 6m. I will recommend this antenna for the price and good quality product, easy to install and good performance.73s Np3cz.

KF8IO Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2014 08:49 Send this review to a friend
Very good product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The reviews of this antenna here range from well informed and realistic to comical. It appears that those who understand antennas like the DX-CC just fine, and those who lack knowledge expect more from it than any antenna can provide.

I just installed one and can report that it does exactly, and I mean Exactly, what the maker purports.

Stand back and look at what this is and what it's intended to do.

It's a shortened 80M dipole, with isolators to multi-band the main wire to 40M, and two piggy back elements that tune on 20M and 10M. 15M works by linearly loading the main wire, but as described in the literature (and ads) the feed point impedance on 15M is not ideal and requires some matching at the input end.

I found the construction excellent, the installation easy, and the tuning very simple to do. An antenna analyzer helps, but this is so with any antenna.

Hey! News Flash! The Q is kind of high on 75/80 meters and the 2-1 bandwidth is about 70 kHz. The 3-1 points easily tuned with an internal tuner are about twice that. For that compromise, you get a an 82' length instead of 132'. Note though that a FULL LENGTH wire exhibits only slightly more 2-1 and 3-1 range, although it can be reasonably tuned to the band edges while the DX-CC is BEST used over only it's 3-1 range. This is because the Q is higher than a full length wire, and the band edge SWR is near twice what a 132' wire would exhibit. This is not a broad band antenna on 75/80, nor CAN it be. It's a shortened antenna, and that's why people buy it.

This is not a tuned feeder antenna. It's intended to show near a 50 Ohm input impedance across it's designed bands and does so very well.

Mine works as intended, and yes.... if you insist, and can deal with the feed line loss associated with a 9-1 SWR you can use a matching network and radiate a signal on 17M and 12M.

I cannot imagine what people might be doing to this antenna to burn up the coils or torch the end insulators. Whatever it is, it would happen with ANY wire made by anyone - including the operator.

This product gets a solid 5 from me, just for fitting in my limited space and saving me time and effort.

VE3GNU Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2013 16:43 Send this review to a friend
Robust, tough, and true  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had the DXCC for the past 4 years----oriented NW-SE, up 35 ft. between two spruce trees, and centred on a steel pole fastened to the chimney on a two-story house. Works extremely well on all bands advertised, albeit with a tuner for the WARC bands. An ideal multiband antenna for our Ontario winter climate as evidenced by its robust construction. My 30-year-old quality manual tuner still helps me get the maximum enjoyment out of this fine antenna.
Highly recommended.

K6SWG Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2013 08:25 Send this review to a friend
PRETTY EASY ASSEMBLY  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
GOT THIS ANTENNA LAST WEEK AND HAD A FRIEND HELP ME PUT IT UP AS A FLAT TOP BETWEEN TREES.IF YOU ARE USING AN ANTENNA TUNER IT WORKS VERY WELL ON 80-10 METERS IT ALSO WORKS PRETTY GOOD ON 6 METERS ALSO .BEFORE I BOUGHT THIS ANTENNA I WAS USING HOME BREW 20 METER INVERTED V WITH A TUNER IT WOULD TUNE FROM 40-6 METERS WITH WORLD WIDE CONTACTS.
I FIND THAT I AM ABLE TO HEAR FAR MORE STATIONS WITH THE DXCC THAN THE HOME BREW INVERTED VEE .
IT WAS PRETTY EASY TO ASSEMBLE I WOULD RECOMMEND HAVING HELP BUT CAN BE DONE BY ONE PERSON .I LIVE IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA MY FURTHEST CONTACT SO FAR WAS RODCHESTER NEW YORK ON 15 METERS. CANT WAITE UNTIL THE BANDS OPEN TO REALLY PUT IT TO THE TEST.