Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Jetstream JTV10/MacoV58 Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTV10/MacoV58
Jetstream JTV10/MacoV58 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $100
Description: 10M 5/8-wave vertical, 1200 watts maximum.
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com/jtv10.shtml

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTV10/MacoV58.

AC4R Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2015 15:04 Send this review to a friend
Good for DX  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have the V58 on 20 ft. of rat-shack mast . No problem working Europe with this ant. Cant beat the price for a 10m vertical. I also run it on 12 meters with good results.

AC4R

KC4MOP Rating: 3/5 Jul 18, 2012 04:30 Send this review to a friend
Just OK Construction  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Back with a small update on the Jet Stream JTV10/MacoV58. Apparently Maco is the real manufacture of this antenna. The antenna does what it is supposed to do. It receives and transmits. I have made numerous contacts and DX.
Construction is flimsy. Customer service is bad. I called the 1-800 number on the manual. Must be Jet Stream. I had an accident whilst tuning. The antenna fell off the ladder and two ground radial positions were bent beyond repair. I tried to bend one back and it broke. I did not want to play the warranty game and be dishonest. Jet Stream charges me $50 for 4 stinkin rods. Half the price of a new antenna. K1RCA, sells these things on eBay and he thought they broke up a product to sell me parts and now the antenna they stole parts from is un-sellable.
Bottom line here is spend the extra cash and get the Zero-Five version of this. Their customer support is much better from my Internet reading.

KC4MOP Rating: 4/5 Jul 3, 2012 03:32 Send this review to a friend
Much Easier On The Budget  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a nice alternative to spending hundreds of dollars for the same antenna Zero-Five offers. I'm guessing they are catering to the CBers who use high power linears.
The JTV10 is a little light duty, but the match was simple and I have a 1mhz 2:1 between 28.3 and 29.3 so I can use it on 10M AM. 29.000 or 29.100
I raised it up on a 15 foot sched 40 aluminum mast and waiting for the band to come to life.
I bought it for the 5/8 wave design. Should be super for DX and some gain to boot. The feed point needs to be protected from the WX better and snow. I would like to make another review, after some contacts. I do not continuously wait and wait for an opening. I got other things to do. But I will report back some actual operating experiences.

WA7RBC Rating: 4/5 Dec 15, 2011 19:15 Send this review to a friend
Decent vertical for $100  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It must be hard to make a 10M aluminum antenna for $100 that works well, but Jetstream manages to make the cut. If you can afford the ZeroFive model for $300 (http://www.zerofive-antennas.com/1011-meter-58-wave-colossal-5k-groundplane-vertical-antenna), then the rule "you get what you pay for" applies here. However if your on a budget the Jetstream will do the job.

Assembly is not difficult, thanks to instructions that are straightforward and parts that fit together like they're suppose to. I've used this antenna for awhile and it works DX quite well; if I can hear a station I can work them--and I can hear alot of stations.

The hardest part of the assembly is adjusting the matching network, which is much easier using a SWR analyzer. The mathching network is a little cheesy so a delicate hand and patience is necessary here.

I would recommend this to anyone not able to afford the ZeroFive.