Reviews Categories | Receivers: Vintage amateur | Heathkit SB-310 Help

Reviews Summary for Heathkit SB-310
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $267.95
Description: Shortwave Receiver

You can write your own review of the Heathkit SB-310.

KK6IYM Rating: 3/5 Mar 14, 2014 20:54 Send this review to a friend
Fun old receiver  Time owned: more than 12 months
I currently use a Yaesu FT 897D. The other day I fired up my old 310 that I built as a kit in high school in about 1968. I placed it next to the Yaesu and crossed referenced the calls to check the accuracy of the scales. It is a sweet old radio. Not quite the selectivity or sensitivity as the Yaesu, but better sounding and fun to work the dials. I had a great time with this radio as a kid and it still is worth warming it up and tuning in.

NJ
KK6IYM

KI6EQW Rating: 3/5 Dec 27, 2011 13:43 Send this review to a friend
A lot of fun, but limited frequencies.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I saw this on ebay, and could not resist buying it. It was in mint condition, with all filters (AM,SSB, and CW), and worked right out of the shipping box. With only three dials to control the signal (AF,RF, and preselector) there is not much of a learning curve. The unit has great selectivity, and audio, and is a fun blast to the past. Ham frequencies are limited to 80,40, and 20 meters, and SW frequencies are 5.7-6.2 ,9.5 -10, 11.5-12, 15-15.5, 17.5-18, and 26.9-27.4 Mhz. This the first early model I have seen in a long while, and is definitely a collectors piece.