Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | PAR electronics OA-28B. horizontally polarized 10M Omni antenna Help

Reviews Summary for PAR electronics OA-28B. horizontally polarized 10M Omni antenna
PAR electronics OA-28B. horizontally polarized 10M Omni antenna Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Price: $99.00
Description: PAR has reintroduced a new model of the OA-28 as the OA-28B. With higher power handling and wider bandwidth, the OA-28B is a true horizontally polarized 10M omni antenna that takes advantage of ground gain that verticals do not have access to and is quieter than verticals.
Weight is only 2.5 pounds and size is roughly rectangular at 86" X 46".
The manual is available at:

And the entire Omniangle line can be viewed at:
More info: http://www.parelectronics.com/omnis.php

You can write your own review of the PAR electronics OA-28B. horizontally polarized 10M Omni antenna.

K0TVD Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2013 12:41 Send this review to a friend
Simply AMAZING!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
A friend of mine bought a 50Mhz Omni from PAR Electronics & told me how great it was so I decided to get one for 10 meters and I am sure glad that I did! This is one amazing antenna! Installed at only 32 feet on the side of my tower, it out-performs any of my other antennas including a 20 meter beam at 100 feet! The SWR is totally FLAT using the measurments that Dale supplied. Rated for 1000 watts but I have put about 1200 into it with no problems at all. Next I plan to put up one for 21 Mhz in the spring! GREAT JOB, Dale!

KL7HIM Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2012 21:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent omni antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have my OA-28B installed inside my attic as I live in a restricted neighborhood. I chose to use a 1:1 balun/current choke instead of winding 10 turns of the coax into a coil. SWR exceeds spec's and and the horizontal polarity is great for noise. The antenna works great. Excellent quality of materials and construction. This antenna is a must buy.

W8VO Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2012 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Omni Angle OA-28B  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just installed the OA-28b & very pleased with it's preformance. Very well made. Dale was very helpful with any question's about it. I have a Mosley Pro67B-3 beam at 60 ft. & the difference in signal strenght between the 2 antennaes is sometimes only one s-unit. It save's wear & tear on may rotor also. It is mounted on one of my tower legs at 50 ft.Great antenna for 10 mtrs.

K3NXH Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2012 16:41 Send this review to a friend
Quality Built Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have used Par Electronics antennas for many years now and this is by far the best built and designed antenna for 10 meters I have ever seem. It's a snap to build and of course the instructions are well written in plain English. Talk about performance, the SWR was absolutely flat at 28.4 mhz. Reports all over the US Europe and South America are 5x9. If space is a problem or portable operation on 10 is what you have in mind, this is the Antenna to get.
Chuck
K3NXH

WB6VHK Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2012 15:52 Send this review to a friend
Great 10 Meter antenna !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I saw that PAR is again making a 10M horizontal omnidirectional antenna. The antenna arrived quickly and was a snap to put together. One thing that stands out is the fit and finish. All parts have a machined jitterbugged surface while the aluminum tubes are polished- a nice comment on the dedication to producing not only a nice antenna electrically but also pride in the product. Tuning is accomplished by sliding the 5/16" side tubes into and out of precision milled holes- no tools are required. My 2:1 bandwidth looks pretty much like the manual's plot. Overall I am extremely pleased to own another of PAR's products.