Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | TET HB33SP Help

Reviews Summary for TET HB33SP
TET HB33SP Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $?
Description: 3element tribander
More info: http://www.tet-emtron.com/

You can write your own review of the TET HB33SP.

C91W Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2010 23:00 Send this review to a friend
A good and efficient antenna.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my HB33SP in the UK and shipped it to Africa. It assembled very easily and went up with no difficulty. I particularly liked the dual driven elements! It served me well in both South Africa and Swaziland and also now in Mozambique. The sea air of Maputo has affected it some, but now having used it for 25 years, I have only had to do minimal maintenance on the antenna. A strong storm did bring it down once - the boom snapped in the middle at the joint, but other than that, I've had no problems.

KN3ZAN Rating: 4/5 Jul 13, 2003 17:05 Send this review to a friend
Very broadband antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased my TET in 1979. It has been on the top of my tower ever since. I've had only two problems with it. Several years ago, the antenna was taken down from the tower and all of the hardware was replaced because the original was corroded and then the antenna was "remounted" upside down to correct element sag. Last year, the coaxial balun had "broken" and I had to replace it with one I made. The antenna has a very generous SWR curve on 20, 15 and 10 meters. The front to back ratio and side rejection seem to be very good. There only a few downfalls I have noticed for the antenna. First, the hardware that came with the antenna is junk. It wil corrode very fast. The boom to mast plate is junk. After time, the elements will start to droop and the antenna will have to be mounted "upside down" to take out the sag. The aluminum tubing that the antenna is made from is not very sturdy. Other than the few items mentioned above, I have gotten great pleasure out of the antenna so far with some minor repairs. Would I buy another one if you could still purchase one? Probably not considering the new antennas on the market now. Have I been satisfied with the antenna and its performance so far? Yes. If I can hear them, I can work them. I guess you can't ask too much more than that.