Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Diamond SD-330 Mobile Screwdriver Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond SD-330 Mobile Screwdriver
Diamond SD-330 Mobile Screwdriver Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $389.95
Description: Screwdriver Mobile HF Antenna
More info: http://www.diamondantenna.net/sd3301.html

You can write your own review of the Diamond SD-330 Mobile Screwdriver.

MM3PTS Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2013 04:01 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for mobile   Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this ant for about a year .I use it mainly on 14 ,18 ,21 and 28 Mhzs and mounted on a tri- mag mount .Tuning is simple and the results are great considering the size and made in Japan .

VE9AA Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2013 17:24 Send this review to a friend
Still brand new, early days, but...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got in a swap. Antenna never used. I had to buy a mount for it and I bought a Comet HD-5M and put it on my trunk lid of a MINI COOPER. Haven't made too many QSO's with it YET, but have made several on 15m and 20m CW and SSB running just 50w . Seems to be a normal mobile antenna. I used to have a HS-1800/PRO with extension and capacity hat,(a bigggg antenna) so I presume this has less ERP (less gain), but it certainly functions well and is not a dummy load. Still very early days. Only had it on the car about a week and like I said, very few QSO's yet. I don't "foresee" any issues. Hope I haven't just jinxed myself, hi hi ! 73 de Mike VE9AA

N8KBC Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2012 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Great small mobile antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months

I bought the SD-330 last year at Dayton to put on my Toyota Highlander for a trip to San Diego from Ohio. I also bought the Better RF 7000 Tune control and screwdriver control. I set up the system shortly before I left Ohio with out a lot of elaborate grounding. I worked both coasts all the way across the country with out any difficulties on 20 M and 40 M. I didn't try alot of other bands then. After I arrived in San Diego I did try the antenna on a variaty of bands and I am very pleased with the performance.

VU2YK Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2012 04:52 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for a Great Price  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought it from HRO, Virginia last year Oct and used it recently on a 300 Km long road trip from New Delhi to Chandigarh on my Honda Accord, mounted on a Diamond K-400C mount.

The antenna looks great with high gloss black finish. Built extremely well like a tank and is flawless performer. I did not have a very elaborate ground setup in the car because I had to leave install in a hurry. Nevertheless, used it on 40 to 10 M with great success and the antenna held it's ground even at highway speeds of 150 Km/h. The tuning is a wee bit fast, but once you get used to it, it's easy to tune in any band, first by listening to the noise, then fine tuning the SWR. I could tune it on all bands from 40 to 10 without problems to 1:1 SWR.

The importance of a good RF ground can not be over emphasized as has been very well documented by K0BG. I had some RF feedback issues with my IC-706Mk2G, but that was probably because I had made another compromise. Used the cigarette lighter as power source. So the power was restricted to some 50 watts. New cars are not so friendly when it comes to wiring straight from the battery. There was no scope in the firewall of my Accord to bring in the heavy gauge wire.

Overall a good solution if you want to cover all bands in a hurry. Efficiency wise, if you want the ultimate mobile antenna, you might have to try a Bug Catcher. But they are not so practical for use on small sedans.

Rahul VU2YK.