Reviews Categories | Electron Tubes | RF Parts 3-500ZG Help

Reviews Summary for RF Parts 3-500ZG
RF Parts 3-500ZG Reviews: 31 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $119.00
Description: RF Parts graphite plate 3-500Z tube
More info: http://www.rfparts.com

You can write your own review of the RF Parts 3-500ZG.

WR0F Rating: 3/5 Apr 8, 2016 18:27 Send this review to a friend
Top cap loose bad quality control   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
We purchased a matched set 3-500zg off ebay from RF Parts . I did not notice it at 1st but we had the tubes in Kenwood Amp keep not lighting up.
I reseated the tubes and it worked for a short time .
Then we noticed one of the tubes the top cap was very hot and loose . I put my old eimacs in and amp worked perfect.
I emailed RF Parts and got zero response .

KG5BV Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2015 19:39 Send this review to a friend
If you want the very best!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Last reviewed a single RF Parts 3-500ZG in the year 2000 that was 6 years old then, and it's still going in an Ameritron AL80. Have just finished the refurb of an AL-82, the tubes were shot. I purchased a new matched set of RF Parts 3-500ZG tubes and installed them. What a difference! More power out with less power in, and the new set never goes BANG like the old ones frequently did. Another set of RF Parts 3-500ZG tubes equal to the Eimac originals, maybe even better!

VA3MLV Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2015 10:58 Send this review to a friend
RF parts 3-500ZG  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ok first of all for us that don't know , RF parts sells four different types of 3-500ZG triodes. There's the Chinese triode which in price is the cheapest, than next is the Taylor brand that is a little more expensive, next is the home name brand RF parts which is a bit more expensive than the previous two, last of the bunch & most expensive is the Amperex 3-500ZG triode which is considered the best of the bunch. With some comparison of the four there is a noticeable difference in appearance from one to another. Now in performance I can only comment on the RF parts 3-500ZG triode which has been performing very well in a Heathkit SB1000.

KJ6HI Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2013 16:23 Send this review to a friend
3-500ZG'S WORK GREAT  Time owned: months
I operate TWO Kenwood TL-922A's. ONE for 10 ~ 160 meters, and ONE TL-922A that was modified for 50 MHz ONLY by my good friend Paul N6VLV.

I bought TWO matched sets of RF Parts 3-500ZG
( TOTAL OF 4 TUBES ). THEY HAVE WORKED FLAWLESSLY FOR OVER 9 YEARS & you can beat them up & they keep on going!!!!!!!!

I love those tubes !!!!!!!!!

If you NEED 3-500ZG you GOT to get RF Parts 3-500ZG's

K0CWO Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2013 07:59 Send this review to a friend
Update  Time owned: more than 12 months
These tubes continue to work great after almost three years. The duo in my QRO HF-2000 effortlessly produce 1500 watts output and the single tube in my AL-80A has no problem producing 1000 watts output SSB service. I hope the Chinese will continue to produce these since it seems to be the most reliable glass tube currently in production.

KK2DOG Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2012 00:01 Send this review to a friend
Three Year Update  Time owned: more than 12 months
Installed the tube in my Ameritron AL-80B back in January of 2009 and have pretty-much ran the amp daily on 20 & 40 meters at about 800 watts output.
I have had ZERO issues with this Chinese tube, and if it's good enough for RF PARTS, it's good enough for me!

K8IO Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2012 12:42 Send this review to a friend
Good first impression  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tubes arrived packed well and in good condition.
These are to replace some Gassy Eimacs in a B and W pt2500. After a good warm up period it was time to apply RF drive at Low voltage. All came up with no strain no pain, slowly bumped up Drive and Raised Plate Voltage to about 2800 under full load. Doing about 1600 watts indicated into the Dummy Load with about 180 MA of Grid drive. The tubes looked Like they could do that all day long.

KK7VY Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2012 05:17 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
These Chinese 3-500ZG bottles are fantastic. 800 to 1000 watts+ output depending on the band in my AL-80B amp.

Buy with confidence!

KI4YAG Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2011 12:03 Send this review to a friend
Great Tube  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tube came with Anode current test specs printed on the box AND the tube. This RF Parts tube replaced an aging Eimac that was going soft after 25 years in my LK-450. The new tube certainly rocks. 50W in will give me 500W out on key-down without even getting warm. I'd suspect a full kilowatt out with 100W input, but I'm not going to try that test until I get a few hours transmit time on the new tube. Run conservatively, this 3-500ZG should last forever. RF Parts has a winner.

K4GK Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2010 12:39 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased a new 3-500ZG from RF Parts three years ago for use in my Ameritron AL-80A.

I am throughly satisfied. With abuse from the operator and use everyday, the tube continues to deliver full power with no signs of failure.

I Recommend the RF Parts 3-500ZG.