Reviews Categories | Electron Tubes | RF Parts 3-500ZG Help

Reviews Summary for RF Parts 3-500ZG
RF Parts 3-500ZG Reviews: 29 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $119.00
Description: RF Parts graphite plate 3-500Z tube
More info: http://www.rfparts.com

You can write your own review of the RF Parts 3-500ZG.

W5GM Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2003 15:49 Send this review to a friend
Rugged fat tube  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just dropped a pair of these into my Henry 2K classic X and am thrilled! I can keep the key down much longer without having the tubes go nuclear like the old eimac 500's.
Shipping was beyond fast and the guy I ordered from was very knowlagable and informed.
I too had the anode (plate) break from the stem at the top of the tube with the old junky Eimac tubes. Thank god for RF parts.

W9PMZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2002 15:52 Send this review to a friend
Matched Pair of 3-500ZG  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a Drake L-4B Amplifier. Had an Eimac and an unknown brand installed. Obviously not matched, one would glow orange on some bands, while the other glowed orange on other bands.

Installed the RF Parts 3-500ZG matched pair, they work great, outputting, 1400 watts 80M, 1300 watts 10M, as measured by the L-4B's wattmeter, into a dummy load. Exciter is a Kenwood TS-2000.

K9FLP Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2002 23:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Tubes  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got a matched pair of 3-500ZG from RF Parts. They are precisely what RF Parts said a drop in replacement for my old Eimac 3-500Z Excellent Tubes glad I got them

W5JON Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2002 18:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Prior to ordering I asked many questions and got exact answers. Fast shipment and delivery. I did the phone recommended 10 hr burn-in. I was surprised no papers with the papers suggested the same. Installed in my Henry 2KD5.

Since the first tune up 70 watts drive 1500 watts (with no strain) output on the Bird watt meter and have not lost a watt since. Excellent product.

John W5JON

SM5CBM Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2002 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Exellent tubes  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed two new 3-500Z for my TL-922. I deceided to by a matched pair from RF-Parts. The tubes was ordered on the 14 Dec 2001. To my suprice I had the tubes in my hand on the morning of 19 Dec 2001!
Amaicing. Faster to get a parcel from Califonia to Sweden than getting a letter domestic in Sweden!
The two 3-500ZG went into my amp. They are putting out more than 800W on CW with 2000V on the anodes with aprox 75W of drive. Everything is just OK!

PA0FRI Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2002 10:48 Send this review to a friend
Exellent replacement  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
For a friend I modified an old NEC linear amplifier, 1.5 kW output with two RF Parts 3-500ZG's! Rugged tubes and the owner is very satisfied. One EIMAC 3-500Z (nr. JNE 005) had a poor anode spot welding.
Two other PA3-hams sought my advise on their defectieve AEA LA-30 and Heathkit SB-1000 linear amplifiers fitted with EIMAC/VARIAN 3-500Z tubes(serial numbers FYS 106 and FYS 132). The anode of a previous 3-500Z dropped down on the internal base screen. He got a new one, but after some mounths it transpired that the anode spot-welding was poor, with the result that the structures had a "leaning tower of Pisa" appearance. The sloping anode position caused an internal shortcircuit and a burnt-out power transformer and rectifier circuit, all due to inadequate fusing and design.
Four EIMAC 3-500Z tubes have a poor anode spot-welding, is that commnon?
All the replacements with RF-parts works great!
Frits, PAŘFRI.

WB9GKZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2001 14:32 Send this review to a friend
Great Value!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Ok, I'll admit...I've been waiting 9-months now for my RF Parts 3-500ZG to blow a gasket in my AL-80B amplifier. Well, all I can say is that it continues to deliver power and holds firm even when abused with a bit too much SSB drive or when
used in AM service when driven by my Johnson Ranger. It replaced my original Amperex which developed a gas-arc after 18-months of service. Very happy with the tube. I can't understand why anyone would fool around with used tubes on eBay which fetch way too much $$$ or with expensive NOS Eimac. This is one great little tube for 120-bucks!

W4PA Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2000 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Definitely works  Time owned: more than 12 months
We supply RF Parts 3-500ZG tubes as original manufacturer equipment for the Centurion 2x3-500Z linear amplifier and have been doing so since 1996. We've shipped a lot of amps in that time with these tubes and are confident of their capabilities.

Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager, Ten-Tec Inc.

KG5BV Rating: 4/5 Aug 2, 2000 15:28 Send this review to a friend
Good tube  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was concerned about using a Chinese import tube, but since Eimac dropped their glass tube production, I didn't have much choice. The tube came packaged very well. I followed the suggested guidelines about "breaking in" the tube, and it has worked fine. Running in an Ameritron AL80 (serial 686) there have been no pops, bangs, arcs or other indications of poor quality. It just pumps out the power. The only down side is a few small air bubbles in the glass envelope, but it doesn't seem to hurt a thing. Highly recommended.