Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco DR-135TPMKIII Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DR-135TPMKIII
Alinco DR-135TPMKIII Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$260
Description: Two meter FM transceiver and AM air receiver.
More info: http://alinco.com

You can write your own review of the Alinco DR-135TPMKIII.

AB0XE Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2015 07:12 Send this review to a friend
Great simple Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like this simple to use radio. I use it mainly for packet which was very easy to set up. It works great with PC or Mac Terminal programs.
I also use it regularly with UiView or AprsPoint for APRS in local use and sending packet to the ISS. One of the main differences that I noticed between this built in TNC and my KP3+ is their no Mail Box
ability but you still can Connect directly to another packet station.

AB0TO Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2015 17:31 Send this review to a friend
XFLOW setting is important for proper operation  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
OK, I've praised this rig and then I've changed my tune. Now I'm changing it again back to praise. After several months with it I finally discovered that one little parameter will make or break how well the TNC in this rig works: XFLOW. When using software that depends in RTS/CTS for flow control then XFLOW must be OFF, and the default is ON. If that parameter isn't set right then it will cause conflicts in the software and transmissions will hang with strange characters in the window. I have sent 7500 byte files in Outpost PMM with that parameter correctly set. It works either way in RMS Express with no difficulties.

So, in CMD mode type XFLOW OFF and hit enter to change that parameter, and then disconnect if CMD mode isn't needed. The TNC should work fine from that point on if it has been giving trouble.