Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Vortex Antenna Systems 10M3 Superlite Help

Reviews Summary for Vortex Antenna Systems 10M3 Superlite
Vortex Antenna Systems 10M3 Superlite Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $From £149.99
Description: A 3 element Yagi Antenna for the 10m band from the Vortex ‘SuperLite’ range. Manufactured from lightweight but extremely strong construction grade 6082-T6 Aluminium stock, this antenna is an excellent solution for portable or field day activities. Design has been centered to give maximum performance for the least weight and physical size. The front to back alone is nearly 40db. Antenna is supplied with all hardware except boom to mast mount.
More info: http://www.vortexantennas.co.uk/shop/3-element-yagi-superlite-10m/

You can write your own review of the Vortex Antenna Systems 10M3 Superlite.

MM0TFU Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2012 04:51 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Towards the end of 2011 the 10m band suddenly burst into life after several years in the Doldrums. I had been looking for a small 10m monoband yagi to take advantage of the improved conditions on 10, and I checked out a lot of products trying to find the right antenna, and then I came across Vortex Antennas.
This is a fairly new company, based in the UK, and from the information on their website it appeared that they had just what I was looking for.

I bought a 10M3 "Superlite" 3 element yagi, and a heavy duty boom/mast mounting kit from them.
The antenna arrived very well packed, with all the required parts and another bag containing a selection of spare parts (The people at Vortex have obviously built antennas themselves).
I was impressed by the quality of the hardware which was all stainless steel, and of top quality reminiscent of german engineering.
The antenna was supplied with clear instructions which included various pictures although on a small antenna like this, its hard to go wrong!

With the antenna assembled I checked it with my MFJ-259B analyser, and it was exactly as predicted on the VSWR plot supplied in the instructions.
I installed the antenna on a small crank-up tower at around 10m above ground. I have been very impressed with the performance of this little antenna, and it also has an excellent front to back ratio.
During the CQWW Contest, I worked 39 of the 40 zones on 10m with the Vortex.

The build quality is really top notch, and I am so glad that I didn't try and save a few pounds by buying a cb antenna and converting it to 10m. The Vortex, although described as a "Superlite", is a sturdy antenna. We have had some powerful winter storms since this antenna has been installed, and it has come through them completely unscathed.

I would have no problem recommending this antenna to anyone looking for a small 10m yagi.