Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | VibroCube Help

Reviews Summary for VibroCube
VibroCube Reviews: 8 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $See website
Description: The VIBROCUBE registers just under 6 pounds on the scale. The base is USA-forged cold rolled steel, upper components are zinc, steel and brass. The finger pieces are hard red acrylic. Instead of magnetic tensioning, we use the tried and true spring loaded method which provides a greater range of possible tension settings than magnets allow. The base measures 1.5" H x 3.5" W x 3.5" D, the overall height of the key with rubber feet installed is 4.25". The large oversize acrylic finger pieces are 2.125" at their tallest point.
More info: http://www.vibroplex.com/vibrocube.html

You can write your own review of the VibroCube.

W1KSZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2013 09:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am a "HamFisted" CW Operator. One reason I "benched" the Bencher was that it tended to "fly apart" when the going got hot and heavy.

I switched to the Vibroplex Iambic Paddle, but it was still not heavy enough and I didn't want to nail it to the bench.

Then I stumbled (literally) across the VibroCube. Now, this is a key ... fits me like a glove and doesn't budge when I get really going.

Good job Vibroplex.

KN1W Rating: 3/5 Sep 12, 2013 15:17 Send this review to a friend
Great new design  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I like the "BOZO Key" I guess the red paddles look like a clown's red nose.
The heavy base is great for FD work. I bought the key last Xmas and had lots of fun with it.

KC5CQD Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2013 18:52 Send this review to a friend
Great key for big hands  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This key is (thankfully) a lot bigger than I envisioned when I ordered it. It's a massive hunk of iron sitting on your bench, that's for sure. What I like most is the fact that I'm a big fella....6 foot, 270lbs and a regular weight lifter....and so I can slap the average key all over the desk with just a thumb and forefinger. This thing stays put and since the paddles are so large, it's easy to change hand position whenever you become fatigued and not miss a beat. The only real downside that I can see is that this paddle would be lousy for portable operation. Way too big and heavy for that.

K8RBW Rating: 2/5 May 11, 2013 21:51 Send this review to a friend
Could be better  Time owned: more than 12 months
I positively love CW and really looked forward to receiving this key. I really tried to like it and it has a fair amount of potential. The primary problem is in the finger pieces. They are long and simply have too much flex in them when operating. What is needed is metal or aluminum finger pieces that are rigid. I contacted Scott and he graciously acknowledged the problem. He said they were aware of the issue and trying to address introducing aluminum finger pieces, but the cost of doing it is prohibitive at the present time. Don't give up on this key. It has potential. A rating of "2" means "needs help." If they can address the finger piece issue, it can be a unique and very interesting paddle. For now, however, it is retired from my operating position.

W5LZ Rating: 2/5 Oct 30, 2012 10:43 Send this review to a friend
Unhappy Camper  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought a 'Cube' in January, have been satisfied until just recently. Seems that the parts I thought were made of stainless steel aren't. Just plain iron (as was explained by Vibroplex when asked). Unfortunately that means that they can rust, and they did. I'm not too concerned about looks, but that rusting also involves the pivot bearings of the paddle levers. Not smooth anymore, sort of 'sticky'.
Oh well, live and learn, right? Hope they get their act together. Anyone wanna buy a slightly rusty key?
- Paul

(Glad I didn't toss the Bencher.)

WX2S Rating: 4/5 Oct 26, 2012 07:40 Send this review to a friend
Depends on personal preference  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought the VibroCube when I was assembling a station after a long period QRT. In the early seventies, I'd used both Vibroplex bug and a keyer, and definitely got along with the bug better. So I wanted one of their paddles.

After trying both, I definitely like the feel of the Bencher BY-1 better. I seem to make fewer mistakes with it. Moral of the story: If at all possible, try before you buy.

N3ZJ Rating: 4/5 Jul 4, 2012 14:54 Send this review to a friend
Not bad but...  Time owned: 3 to 6 months

There is a place for this key - to wit, I used it for FD where having a stable (but movable) key was important. It's solid as can be, you could probably use it as a weapon if required...my ONLY complaint is that the paddles are just too darned big. If they were reduced by half - or maybe alternatives offered by Vibroplex - it would go a long way. Quality is great, customer service excellent, glad to see Vibroplex vibrant still.

W7WZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2012 14:30 Send this review to a friend
Solid & Easy to Adjust  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
At 6 pounds this unit stays put. Best of all the long trunion screws make it easy to adjust compared to prior models that I have owned. The big paddles are forgiving and less tiring to use during long hours of contesting. I wanted something heavier than my Bencher BY-1 that offers as good or better movement. VibroCube is a winner and my primary key paddle now. The workmanship and customer support is excellent.