Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Par Electronics OM-144 Help

Reviews Summary for Par Electronics OM-144
Par Electronics OM-144 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$69.00
Description: Lightweight, rugged and beautifully machined horizontally polarized Moxon antenna whose pattern, F/B and VSWR have been optimized for 144-145MHz. Built in balun and includes a machined/extruded mast mount. Silver/teflon SO-239 is standard. Type N is an option.

An adapter kit will be offered to allow the antenna to be vertically polarized with the feedline exiting from the rear so it is not "seen" by the antenna.
More info: http://www.parelectronics.com/moxon-OM-144.php

You can write your own review of the Par Electronics OM-144.

NS5U Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2015 10:17 Send this review to a friend
Old school quality   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a companion to the 6 meter Par Moxon I already use. These antennas are built of the best by the best. Assembly is trivial and quick. There is no tuneup required and it is very compact. I mount these on a telescoping fiberglass pole. I drop a pvc pipe adapter over the pole and clamp the antenna to the pvc which doesn't collapse. The whole caboodle stows easily in my subcompact Nissan Cube and deploys in a couple of minutes. The build quality is outstanding and this antenna will last for generations. Customer service is legendary.

K3OQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2012 08:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Limited Space Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When Dale (W4OP) mentioned he was doing a 2 meter moxon, I was quite excited as I have used his 6 meter stressed moxon extensively. He shipped it out about a month before this year's January VHS Sweepstakes. I installed it on the balcony of my apartment and operated for about 4 hours from a very poor vhf location (in a valley). I was pleased with the VSWR and the reports I received were pleasing indeed. My best distance was just over 226 miles from FM19 to FM31 on phone running the 50 watts that my IC706MKIIG offers on 2. I am looking forward to using it during the spring sprints and June contest. I think PAR has another winner in this antenna.
Jeff (K3OQ)